Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:26 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
posted on the main thread but forgot to post here. got off the WL around 12pm est. Good luck and godspeed everyone
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Congrats everyone and good luck for those still waiting!

Can't wait for more fellow Boothies. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Has anyone from Brazil got a call today?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Kudos
R2 WL candidate here. I missed a call from eddie @ 8:15am PST this morning and he left a message to call back. I called back every 2 hours or so and have been getting his voice mail. Last call attempt was at 2:00pm PST so maybe they are still busy calling?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
ykwon wrote:
R2 WL candidate here. I missed a call from eddie @ 8:15am PST this morning and he left a message to call back. I called back every 2 hours or so and have been getting his voice mail. Last call attempt was at 2:00pm PST so maybe they are still busy calling?

He won't call you to ding, so start celebrating.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Sustainability, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
And the wait continues.... Continued on wait list...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
I'm new here as of this morning. Just checking in.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
WListed again. What's the point of keeping intl' applicants in the summer WL ???
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I asked this question on the main Booth forum, but I want your opinion too. I got into Booth off the waitlist but have already put down a deposit at Ross. I want to do healthcare consulting after school. What initially drew me to Michigan was the school spirit, Ann Arbor, and the friendly student body. I visited Booth for my interview and met a couple nice people, but don't think i got a good feel for the student body (i was only there for a day and a half). I am worried that Booth is a bit of a commuter school and that I won't get a tight knit community feel. Can any current Booth students speak to that? I know many business school students live in a few buildings across Chicago, so that might help the lack of community that often comes with urban campuses. I am so torn. I do not have a scholarship at Michigan, so cost is not really a concern for me. I will be going into a lot of debt either way :)

Also, does the flexibility of the curriculum at all hinder the social life at Booth? A lot of schools have cohorts, so you develop relationships with people pretty quickly because you are taking classes with the same people. Anyone have an opinion on that? Thank you for all your help in advance!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ldryan wrote:
Hi Guys,

I asked this question on the main Booth forum, but I want your opinion too. I got into Booth off the waitlist but have already put down a deposit at Ross. I want to do healthcare consulting after school. What initially drew me to Michigan was the school spirit, Ann Arbor, and the friendly student body. I visited Booth for my interview and met a couple nice people, but don't think i got a good feel for the student body (i was only there for a day and a half). I am worried that Booth is a bit of a commuter school and that I won't get a tight knit community feel. Can any current Booth students speak to that? I know many business school students live in a few buildings across Chicago, so that might help the lack of community that often comes with urban campuses. I am so torn. I do not have a scholarship at Michigan, so cost is not really a concern for me. I will be going into a lot of debt either way :)

Also, does the flexibility of the curriculum at all hinder the social life at Booth? A lot of schools have cohorts, so you develop relationships with people pretty quickly because you are taking classes with the same people. Anyone have an opinion on that? Thank you for all your help in advance!

I am not a current Booth student but the "chicago booth vs northwestern kellogg" article on poets and quants discusses the issues you raise in some detail. You should check it out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
ldryan wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hi, current first year (and a squad leader for AW2, so I might've met some GCs in person) here.

In my experience Booth is anything but a "commuter school", despite the unique geographical set-up of school (majority of classes take place in Hyde Park) and residence (~80% of us live downtown). The reality is that most of us live either in the same building (Millennium Park Plaza aka "the dorm" being the most popular) or within a few blocks of others that it's a dynamic and tight-knit community. The upside here is that our "dorms" are centrally located high-rise apartment buildings that are considerably nicer than my friends' living situation at peer schools.

Booth, by the way, does have a cohort system. You'd go through the month-long orientation / LEAD classes / LOR with the same group of people and will surely make some close friends right away (if you haven't through your Random Walk trip by then). When "real" classes start, the flexible curriculum allows you to take classes and form study groups with anyone, including second years. Many go get their MBAs so that they can enhance their professional and personal networks... what is a better way to expand yours well beyond the folks randomly assigned into your squad/cohort/classyear ?

Also, let me know (via PM) if you want to connect with current students with background similar to yours.

Best,
S
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
BoothWindy wrote:
ldryan wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am not a current Booth student but the "chicago booth vs northwestern kellogg" article on poets and quants discusses the issues you raise in some detail. You should check it out.

As a current Booth student I have to say that the P&Q article does not accurately reflect present day Booth. It is several years old and promotes a lot of misconceptions. Not the best resource for answering this inquiry. Current students and recent alums are better sources.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
Send PM
Hey guys,
They do appear to be using the waiting list, as I got a call yesterday afternoon. Good luck to everyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Congrats
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '16
Send PM
fiveoclocksomewhere wrote:
Hey guys,
They do appear to be using the waiting list, as I got a call yesterday afternoon. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats fiveoclocksomewhere. Are you an international candidate ?
Thanks !
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
Send PM
Nope, domestic.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]