Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 20:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE: General Management (Transportation)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 14

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 12:54
Bigblue1010 wrote:
DwideSchrude wrote:
I sent an update letter to admissions@ChicagoBooth.edu as the poster above described, and was sent back an email telling me to upload it on my online profile through the "Post-Decision Materials" category -- so it seems we're supposed to do the latter. Hope this helps clear up confusion for people sending in materials.

I spoke to Gwen at admissions a few weeks ago and she told me to update it via "Post-Decision Materials" as well. So in summary, I had an additional letter of Rec sent to an adcom, uploaded my update letter through "Post-Decision Materials" and uploaded my video through "Edit Portfolio." Hope this helps. Goodluck!

Well, I've now submitted a letter both via email and through the portal. Since I never received confirmation of receipt of that email, I think it better to be safe than sorry. I would hate to be dinged because my email wound up in a spam filter.

Good luck, everybody! Hopefully lots of good news to go around in March.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Darden - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 14

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 13:48
Zomba wrote:
Bigblue1010 wrote:
DwideSchrude wrote:
I sent an update letter to admissions@ChicagoBooth.edu as the poster above described, and was sent back an email telling me to upload it on my online profile through the "Post-Decision Materials" category -- so it seems we're supposed to do the latter. Hope this helps clear up confusion for people sending in materials.

I spoke to Gwen at admissions a few weeks ago and she told me to update it via "Post-Decision Materials" as well. So in summary, I had an additional letter of Rec sent to an adcom, uploaded my update letter through "Post-Decision Materials" and uploaded my video through "Edit Portfolio." Hope this helps. Goodluck!

Well, I've now submitted a letter both via email and through the portal. Since I never received confirmation of receipt of that email, I think it better to be safe than sorry. I would hate to be dinged because my email wound up in a spam filter.

Good luck, everybody! Hopefully lots of good news to go around in March.

Same situation here as well. Now I can truly say that I'm done with apps. Good luck everyone!

The MBA application process summed up in 20 seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-s2tLbqlOc

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 09:51
Wish I could fast forward 1 month.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 20:45
Agreed on the FF a month, but on that note, I really dislike that we can't submit anymore updates. I'm sitting on the bubble for a promotion any minute now and wish I could communicate that to admissions - I'd understand if the cutoff date was like a week before or something.
Current Student

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 20:54
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Agreed on the FF a month, but on that note, I really dislike that we can't submit anymore updates. I'm sitting on the bubble for a promotion any minute now and wish I could communicate that to admissions - I'd understand if the cutoff date was like a week before or something.

Who knows, they might look at materials submitted after the 'deadline' (assuming that it really is a timely update rather than somebody missing the deadline for other reasons). As long as you aren't pestering them with extraneous information, I would go ahead and submit the additional info. Good luck on the promotion! Looks like we are waiting on a lot of the same adcoms...

I held off on submitting an update letter until I was confident that I wouldn't have any more updates, but my situation means that there aren't any likely job changes.
Current Student

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 20:59
Bigblue1010 wrote:
Wish I could fast forward 1 month.

That reminds me of a cheesy joke....I have a time machine, but it only runs forward at regular speed... :|

The MBA application process summed up in 20 seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-s2tLbqlOc

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 06:01
Zomba wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

Who knows, they might look at materials submitted after the 'deadline' (assuming that it really is a timely update rather than somebody missing the deadline for other reasons). As long as you aren't pestering them with extraneous information, I would go ahead and submit the additional info. Good luck on the promotion! Looks like we are waiting on a lot of the same adcoms...

I held off on submitting an update letter until I was confident that I wouldn't have any more updates, but my situation means that there aren't any likely job changes.

Yup. we are on the same lists...I just need off one of them! BUT...just curious which are you leaning towards more as a favorite?
Current Student

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 06:09
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Zomba wrote:
hookemhorns612 wrote:

Yup. we are on the same lists...I just need off one of them! BUT...just curious which are you leaning towards more as a favorite?

I have a family connection to Booth. If I get in there, then I will attend. I am honestly torn about the rest, though 'Team Fuqua' really impressed me. I would want to visit before I could decide on the others. A lot boils down to my wife, actually.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 06:14

I held off on submitting an update letter until I was confident that I wouldn't have any more updates, but my situation means that there aren't any likely job changes.[/quote]

Yup. we are on the same lists...I just need off one of them! BUT...just curious which are you leaning towards more as a favorite?[/quote]

I have a family connection to Booth. If I get in there, then I will attend. I am honestly torn about the rest, though 'Team Fuqua' really impressed me. I would want to visit before I could decide on the others. A lot boils down to my wife, actually.[/quote]

similar boat here...no wife but a girlfriend of six years/soon to be fiance has found jobs offers in chicago for next yr (she is in school right now), but nowhere else. Plus the Chicago schools are my two top choices that remain in my app pool.
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 57 [1] , given: 31

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 13:23
This post received
KUDOS
Was notified this morning that my promotion came through last friday. Now hopefully Booth will accept it as part of my WL updates...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 09:21
Consider this my late entry to the wait list team. I was too proud to post anything until I was finally accepted into a program, but I've been patiently waiting alongside you guys the whole time. Zomba, Hookem, hopefully we all move off of our Chicago wait lists. I'm assuming you guys started with an initial batch of 4/5 first rounds and did all the other programs second round?
Current Student

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 13:42
Dancingonmyown wrote:
Consider this my late entry to the wait list team. I was too proud to post anything until I was finally accepted into a program, but I've been patiently waiting alongside you guys the whole time. Zomba, Hookem, hopefully we all move off of our Chicago wait lists. I'm assuming you guys started with an initial batch of 4/5 first rounds and did all the other programs second round?

I applied to the Chicago schools in R1 and Fuqua/Darden in R2. Glad that I finally got some good news, because I only applied to four programs.

Good luck on the WL. Did you submit a video update to Booth, or stick with a letter/something traditional?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 15:39
Zomba wrote:
Dancingonmyown wrote:

I applied to the Chicago schools in R1 and Fuqua/Darden in R2. Glad that I finally got some good news, because I only applied to four programs.

Good luck on the WL. Did you submit a video update to Booth, or stick with a letter/something traditional?

Congrats!!! I know exactly how you feel. I was figuring out back-up life plans until last Thursday, especially as my current job has a set end date. I went with video and essay. I feel my video was pretty solid, and I really drove home my desire to attend Booth and how I plan to be an active community member. Once this thing is over, we should all share videos in a file drop box somewhere.
Current Student

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 22:25
Is anybody else's GMAT score still reflecting as 'awaiting'. That has driven me nuts for months. I emailed in December to check that all is alright, and it appears to be so, yet the status still shows as 'awaiting'.

During my 2nd round applications, I discovered that my percentiles had changed for all subsections from when I originally took the test (in 2008), though the overall percentile mark didn't change. I am a bit worried that this mismatch between the scores I self reported and the new test report that I sent will cause me some problems.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 06:35
Zomba wrote:
Is anybody else's GMAT score still reflecting as 'awaiting'. That has driven me nuts for months. I emailed in December to check that all is alright, and it appears to be so, yet the status still shows as 'awaiting'.

During my 2nd round applications, I discovered that my percentiles had changed for all subsections from when I originally took the test (in 2008), though the overall percentile mark didn't change. I am a bit worried that this mismatch between the scores I self reported and the new test report that I sent will cause me some problems.

i wouldnt sweat it - they know this happens and expect it. mine changed too.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 14

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 17:39
This post received
KUDOS
Well, things will start getting a bit more lively on this forum in about 36 hours. It seems like quite a few R1 WL got in on the R2 notification deadline last year, so I hope that the results are similar again this year. *fingers crossed*

For the 'Booth or Bust'ers, best of luck!

I'm pretty happy with my application, interview, and WL updates, so if I don't get in, I at least feel like Booth got my best effort.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 17:53
Zomba wrote:
Well, things will start getting a bit more lively on this forum in about 36 hours. It seems like quite a few R1 WL got in on the R2 notification deadline last year, so I hope that the results are similar again this year. *fingers crossed*

For the 'Booth or Bust'ers, best of luck!

I'm pretty happy with my application, interview, and WL updates, so if I don't get in, I at least feel like Booth got my best effort.

It has certainly been a rocky year and a half. I hope Wednesday is my day!!

Good luck people!
Current Student

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 17:56
Although I know it doesn't matter, I can't help but wonder if it's better to be a R1 waitlister or a fresh R2 interviewee. Good luck everyone!

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 18:23
A couple of sleepless nights ahead. I hope we all get in, you've all been a great help throughout the process.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.77
WE: Consulting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 02:40
Its Booth or bust for me! Hoping to make it. Best of luck everyone!!
Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Mar 2013, 02:40