Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 07:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Posts: 285
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 06:14
Who knows, they might look at materials submitted after the 'deadline' (assuming that it really is a timely update rather than somebody missing the deadline for other reasons). As long as you aren't pestering them with extraneous information, I would go ahead and submit the additional info. Good luck on the promotion! Looks like we are waiting on a lot of the same adcoms...

I held off on submitting an update letter until I was confident that I wouldn't have any more updates, but my situation means that there aren't any likely job changes.[/quote]

Yup. we are on the same lists...I just need off one of them! BUT...just curious which are you leaning towards more as a favorite?[/quote]

I have a family connection to Booth. If I get in there, then I will attend. I am honestly torn about the rest, though 'Team Fuqua' really impressed me. I would want to visit before I could decide on the others. A lot boils down to my wife, actually.[/quote]

similar boat here...no wife but a girlfriend of six years/soon to be fiance has found jobs offers in chicago for next yr (she is in school right now), but nowhere else. Plus the Chicago schools are my two top choices that remain in my app pool.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 09:21
Consider this my late entry to the wait list team. I was too proud to post anything until I was finally accepted into a program, but I've been patiently waiting alongside you guys the whole time. Zomba, Hookem, hopefully we all move off of our Chicago wait lists. I'm assuming you guys started with an initial batch of 4/5 first rounds and did all the other programs second round?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 80
Location: China
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE: General Management (Transportation)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 14

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 13:42
Dancingonmyown wrote:
Consider this my late entry to the wait list team. I was too proud to post anything until I was finally accepted into a program, but I've been patiently waiting alongside you guys the whole time. Zomba, Hookem, hopefully we all move off of our Chicago wait lists. I'm assuming you guys started with an initial batch of 4/5 first rounds and did all the other programs second round?


I applied to the Chicago schools in R1 and Fuqua/Darden in R2. Glad that I finally got some good news, because I only applied to four programs.

Good luck on the WL. Did you submit a video update to Booth, or stick with a letter/something traditional?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 15:39
Zomba wrote:
Dancingonmyown wrote:
Consider this my late entry to the wait list team. I was too proud to post anything until I was finally accepted into a program, but I've been patiently waiting alongside you guys the whole time. Zomba, Hookem, hopefully we all move off of our Chicago wait lists. I'm assuming you guys started with an initial batch of 4/5 first rounds and did all the other programs second round?


I applied to the Chicago schools in R1 and Fuqua/Darden in R2. Glad that I finally got some good news, because I only applied to four programs.

Good luck on the WL. Did you submit a video update to Booth, or stick with a letter/something traditional?


Congrats!!! I know exactly how you feel. I was figuring out back-up life plans until last Thursday, especially as my current job has a set end date. I went with video and essay. I feel my video was pretty solid, and I really drove home my desire to attend Booth and how I plan to be an active community member. Once this thing is over, we should all share videos in a file drop box somewhere.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 80
Location: China
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE: General Management (Transportation)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 14

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 22:25
Is anybody else's GMAT score still reflecting as 'awaiting'. That has driven me nuts for months. I emailed in December to check that all is alright, and it appears to be so, yet the status still shows as 'awaiting'.

During my 2nd round applications, I discovered that my percentiles had changed for all subsections from when I originally took the test (in 2008), though the overall percentile mark didn't change. I am a bit worried that this mismatch between the scores I self reported and the new test report that I sent will cause me some problems.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Posts: 285
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 06:35
Zomba wrote:
Is anybody else's GMAT score still reflecting as 'awaiting'. That has driven me nuts for months. I emailed in December to check that all is alright, and it appears to be so, yet the status still shows as 'awaiting'.

During my 2nd round applications, I discovered that my percentiles had changed for all subsections from when I originally took the test (in 2008), though the overall percentile mark didn't change. I am a bit worried that this mismatch between the scores I self reported and the new test report that I sent will cause me some problems.


i wouldnt sweat it - they know this happens and expect it. mine changed too.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Posts: 285
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 17:53
Zomba wrote:
Well, things will start getting a bit more lively on this forum in about 36 hours. It seems like quite a few R1 WL got in on the R2 notification deadline last year, so I hope that the results are similar again this year. *fingers crossed*

For the 'Booth or Bust'ers, best of luck!

I'm pretty happy with my application, interview, and WL updates, so if I don't get in, I at least feel like Booth got my best effort.


It has certainly been a rocky year and a half. I hope Wednesday is my day!!

Good luck people!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2010
Posts: 80
Location: United States (NJ)
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Darden - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 14

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 17:56
Although I know it doesn't matter, I can't help but wonder if it's better to be a R1 waitlister or a fresh R2 interviewee. Good luck everyone!
_________________

The MBA application process summed up in 20 seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-s2tLbqlOc

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Posts: 72
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 18:23
A couple of sleepless nights ahead. I hope we all get in, you've all been a great help throughout the process.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Posts: 17
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.77
WE: Consulting (Accounting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 02:40
Its Booth or bust for me! Hoping to make it. Best of luck everyone!!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 55
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 22:51
officially fingers crossed now
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Posts: 72
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 04:41
ldnnyk wrote:
officially fingers crossed now


+1

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Schools: Booth '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 06:26
International applicant from Brazil.

I am in!!!!

Just received the call from the admissions.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Posts: 285
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 06:33
tonheko wrote:
International applicant from Brazil.

I am in!!!!

Just received the call from the admissions.


congrats! were you previously wait listed?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Posts: 285
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 07:47
consultantmbbb wrote:
I got in too!! Just got a call from Amy. Time to celebrate!!!



congrats - looks like you're a local too. Did you do a video and all that jazz?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Schools: Booth '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 09:03
hookemhorns612 wrote:
tonheko wrote:
International applicant from Brazil.

I am in!!!!

Just received the call from the admissions.


congrats! were you previously wait listed?


Yes I was.
But didn´t want to post here until the final decision. (sorry for that)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 9
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 09:16
Just got the call. Domestic candidate, Midwest (not Chicago though). A truly amazing feeling. Best of luck to everyone else, and having you in the wait with me was one of the few things that made it bearable.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Posts: 285
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 31

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 09:47
Dancingonmyown wrote:
Just got the call. Domestic candidate, Midwest (not Chicago though). A truly amazing feeling. Best of luck to everyone else, and having you in the wait with me was one of the few things that made it bearable.


that's awesome. congrats!

i'm so nervous now.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 May 2011
Posts: 5
Schools: HBS
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 10:39
hookemhorns612 wrote:
consultantmbbb wrote:
I got in too!! Just got a call from Amy. Time to celebrate!!!



congrats - looks like you're a local too. Did you do a video and all that jazz?


Yeah, based in the US (North East). I did the video, couple of alumni recos and couple of email updates.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Posts: 72
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 06:04
I'm still on the WL, R1 waitlister here. Anyone else remaining on the WL for multiple rounds?
Re: Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2013, 06:04
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
19 Experts publish their posts in the topic Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants LongestWaitEVER 162 19 Dec 2012, 09:25
3 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Waitlisted Applicants-2013 souvik101990 12 22 Dec 2012, 22:22
13 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants Dbalks 159 13 Dec 2012, 16:57
24 Experts publish their posts in the topic HBS 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants pike 118 24 Oct 2012, 10:34
42 Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants scorpionz 429 16 Dec 2011, 17:48
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 163 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.