Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 14:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Booth Alumni Network (Outside Chicago)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
WE: Project Management (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Booth Alumni Network (Outside Chicago) [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2013, 13:44
Hi everyone,

Can any current Booth students or Booth alumni comment on Booth's alumni network in Manhattan (where my wife and I want to live), and Southern California (where we were from)? I chatted with 3 Booth alumni (friend's friends: 2 in San Francisco, 1 in Atlanta) and I don't have the warm and fuzzy feeling after talking to them. They seem to be cold and less enthusiastic comparing with other schools' alumni(Kellogg and Stern). Appreciate your input.
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 97

Kudos [?]: 400 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Booth Alumni Network (Outside Chicago) [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2013, 16:04
Booth has a pretty huge alumni base in NYC. The school is always hosting events for alums and current students in Manhattan. I know that NY alums are very involved in on campus recruiting, especially for banking and consulting (two industries that bring a lot of Boothies to NYC).

I don't know as much about the alum network in Southern Cali. I know it's there and that Booth also hosts events in the city but I don't know if it's as robust and active as NYC's. Is there something specific you're looking to use the alumni network for?

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 68

Re: Booth Alumni Network (Outside Chicago) [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2014, 10:08
The LA club has a smaller presence than the NY or Chicago clubs, but they are active. Speaking for the Class of '15, we have a strong SoCal contingent that intends to remain very active after graduation.

Here is a link to their past events, which average more than one/month:
http://www.chicagobooth.edu/alumni/clubs/la/events.aspx

Upcoming events for all clubs are listed here:
http://www.chicagobooth.edu/alumni/events/
LA has few upcoming events, but they probable haven't posted for this year yet.
Intern
Intern
WE: Project Management (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Booth Alumni Network (Outside Chicago) [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 10:19
Hi cheetarah1980,

Thank you very much for your input. Career opportunities and expanding personal network are the two things I am looking for in alumni network. It's great to hear that Booth has a strong presence in NYC.

Hi brandon432,

Booth admission office did inform me that there are several students coming from LA / OC and Bay area. Your words reassure what others have shared with me. Thank you!
Re: Booth Alumni Network (Outside Chicago)   [#permalink] 14 Jan 2014, 10:19