Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 09:28
Hi,

Congratulations to all those invited!

To those who chose the on-campus interview.. After choosing a date and time.. Do you get a confirmation email?
I didn't.. And the option to schedule is still there... ??

Posted from my mobile device Image
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
WE: Analyst (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 09:30
Got an interview! Reapplicant, dinged without interview R2 last year! So happy!

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 09:36
As some of us rational data-driven folks predicted to assuage the panicking folks over the past week, the GC invite % numbers seem to be converging towards last year's now. As of yesterday, I saw ~30 invites, today, we are approaching 70. My guess (and hope for everyone here) is that we'll be north of 80 by next week

Congrats to everyone who has gotten invites, and hang tough for all of you who either didn't hear good news or haven't heard back yet
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 09:44
Just received notice for interview!

Does anyone know what the "Super Saturday" interview dates entail and how they differ from interviewing on a weekday?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 09:46
kommitted wrote:
Congrats to those invited, but people who haven't gotten an invite, keep your chin up - I almost gave up till I got the invite today.

If I choose an off-campus interview and there's an alum in my own company, does anyone know if Booth would choose him to do my interview? I've also found other Booth alums where I live but they're all alums of the part-time program. Would Booth choose them instead of a person in my own company?

Also, is anyone doing an on-campus interview even after doing a campus visit earlier?

Thanks,
M

I highly doubt they would pair you with anyone you may potentially know. They want an objective opinion, so they'll likely review the list of potential interviewers, remove any who may have an affiliation with you and then further narrow down from there.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 10:04
got an invite... finally .....
for all the people from India, who got invite, what is the preferred choice between off campus and on campus interview ?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 17

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 10:07
Ddd123 :
I got the confirmation an hour after I booked the slot.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 10:48
Good luck to everyone interviewing. Keep strong and carry on~
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 11:20
INVITE!!..I am a re-applicant from last year who was waitlisted and eventually dinged..Stokeddd!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 12:27
Invited! got the email 30 minutes after the update in the website.

For those not invited yet, dont loose hope!
Manager
Manager

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 12:41
Congrats to all who got invited and good luck for your interviews!!!!

By the way, I actually never received any email from Chicago Booth regarding my invitation (I just saw this morning I have been invited when I logged into the application webpage) - are some of you in the same situation?

I imagine there is nothing to be stressed about, I'm just asking!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 35

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 12:48
Bytran wrote:

By the way, I actually never received any email from Chicago Booth regarding my invitation (I just saw this morning I have been invited when I logged into the application webpage) - are some of you in the same situation?

Generally, the emails come in a little later. Check a little later if you got one.

Guys sorry for asking again, but does Booth have a skype interview option? I finally got an interview invite today, and wanted to interview via skype - but can't seem to find that option anywhere. Could someone please help?

Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V43
GPA: 3.8

Kudos [?]: 16 [1] , given: 3

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 13:53
This post received
KUDOS
Beckham123 wrote:
Bytran wrote:

Generally, the emails come in a little later. Check a little later if you got one.

Guys sorry for asking again, but does Booth have a skype interview option? I finally got an interview invite today, and wanted to interview via skype - but can't seem to find that option anywhere. Could someone please help?

Thanks!

Not that I saw (Skype option) - I suspect you would have to email them to request it. They provided the following email ID for interview-related questions (I'm guessing you already have this, but in case not): admissionsinterviews [at] chicagobooth [dot] edu. See also: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/fulltime/ch ... -09-19.htm.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 4

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 14:24
It is 5pm. Aparently all notifications have been released. Just wondering if any invite was sent at that time or only dings.

Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
WE: Analyst (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 14:41
Ddd123 wrote:
Hi,

To those who chose the on-campus interview.. After choosing a date and time.. Do you get a confirmation email?

I'm having the same issue...
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 25

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 14:46
Bytran wrote:

I never received an email and got my invite on Wednesday. Just a glitch I guess?

Sorry I don't know how to multi-quote (or if that is even a feature), but to those wondering about getting a confirmation email about your interview time/date. I received one about 30 minutes after I set my interview up. Hope that helps
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 59 [1] , given: 40

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 14:46
This post received
KUDOS
achanandler wrote:
Just received notice for interview!

Does anyone know what the "Super Saturday" interview dates entail and how they differ from interviewing on a weekday?

On Super Saturdays, there will be programming similar to campus visits like a tour and lunch with current students. Normally, those options are only available Monday through Friday. On most weekdays, you can also schedule a campus visit (tour, lunch, class visit), but it is up to you to figure out the schedule. Really the only difference is being able to interview on a Saturday for those who don't want to take a day off of work.

BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 16:38
Ddd123 wrote:
Hi,

I got confirmation emails both when I accepted the invitation and when I scheduled my interview.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE: Asset Management (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 21:30
sarcastic wrote:
got an invite... finally .....
for all the people from India, who got invite, what is the preferred choice between off campus and on campus interview ?

I am from Bangalore India and I can't see myself making it to Chicago in this short notice. Off campus will have to do for me.
Manager
Manager

Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2013, 01:37
Only 22% (74/338) interviews invitations reported on the 1st page - that's pretty low.. - I imagine not everybody modify his profile yet but still..
Re: Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016   [#permalink] 02 Nov 2013, 01:37