Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Apr 2014, 11:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Booth part-time for Investment Management

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Booth part-time for Investment Management [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2013, 15:04
I know the topic of part vs full-time has been debated several times before but wanted to hear input from various people.

So I'm currently working on a successful startup with an equity stake, thereby preventing me from doing a full-time MBA (since I will lose out on the deal if I go full-time). The co-founders are going to sell the startup in roughly 2 years or so. After that, my involvement with the firm will be over, and I'm hoping to transition into investment management.

I'm fully aware that full-time programs are ideal for career transitions. However, given my current situation, a full-time program is not feasible. Moreover, at Chicago Booth, part-timers get access to OCR for full-time jobs once they've taken 12 classes. Obviously I would have to work harder to get that initial job coming out, but after that, it won't matter too much since I will have a Booth MBA on my resume.

I'm curious to know if anyone has experience with IM recruiting as a part-time student at Booth or even finance recruiting more broadly speaking.

Thanks.

http://lastchancemba.blogspot.com
Intern
Intern

Re: Booth part-time for Investment Management [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2013, 22:55
Bump
Intern
Intern

Re: Booth part-time for Investment Management [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2013, 16:52
I have talked to few current part time students and couple of them left their jobs 1 year after joining the program and actively look for internship opportunities. One gal had 3 done internships and was doing 3 courses per semester. Overall response was part-time students have same access to all career services but less networking opportunities with peers.
Intern
Intern

Re: Booth part-time for Investment Management [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2013, 14:51
newtorewards80 wrote:
I have talked to few current part time students and couple of them left their jobs 1 year after joining the program and actively look for internship opportunities. One gal had 3 done internships and was doing 3 courses per semester. Overall response was part-time students have same access to all career services but less networking opportunities with peers.

Were these people able to get internships in investment management? Since part-timers don't have access to ocr for internship recruiting, how did they go about finding those jobs?
Re: Booth part-time for Investment Management   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2013, 14:51