Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Aug 2015, 05:15
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Boston College and USC MSA/MAcc recruiting process

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Boston College and USC MSA/MAcc recruiting process [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2010, 18:22
Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to ask the wise and intelligent gmatclub posters regarding the recruiting process in Boston College and USC Masters in Accounting students. If you have experience with regards to the above, can you please describe it, as well as a school year time line/calendar with regards to the recruiting process (ie. November - Recruiters come for on campus interview etc)?

Thank you very much!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Boston College and USC MSA/MAcc recruiting process [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 08:06
I know this was posted a while ago, but as a current student in BC's MSA program I figured I'd post my experience here.

The recruiting process started early, with some networking events in September. Two events that stand out in my memory are a career panel, with representatives from all the Big 4 as well as a couple smaller firms, and a career fair that had the firms there as well. Oh, and some of the firms had individual information sessions.

As for the application process, most job applications were due by the end of September through mid October. First round interviews started in early October (most of them fell within a two week period). Before each interview, there was usually a pre-interview night event hosted by the firm, where you would go for food and networking and had the chance to meet with the interviewers and have some of your questions answered in a more casual setting. First round interviews were primarily on campus.

You usually heard back from the firms within a couple weeks of the first interview, and then scheduled second-round interviews that were at the firm's office. Most of the time the 2nd-round involved 2 or 3 interviews and lunch. Then it could take anywhere from 1 week to a month+ to hear from the firm - in my experience the national firms had a faster turn around than the local firms. It's at this point that any offers would be communicated, and the employers are supposed to give applicants a month to make their decision (although most ask for a response within 2 weeks).
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Re: Boston College and USC MSA/MAcc recruiting process [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2011, 08:17
Hi shannondu10!

Thanks for your very informative reply.

I was just wondering how was your MSA program experience at BC. (fellow MSA students, faculty, campus, life, academic, etc)

Thank you shannondu10!
Re: Boston College and USC MSA/MAcc recruiting process   [#permalink] 01 Feb 2011, 08:17