Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:06 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Boston College (Carroll) MBA 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
That number is inflated by people taking internships they don't really want and last resort internships at places like Dancing Deer Baking Company.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I have recevied notification that I have been put in waiting list for Fall 2012 admission. I received this notification in March. However there is no update from them after this?
Can anybody tell what are the real chances of getting an admit? by when will they announce the final results? waiting really kills.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
disgruntled wrote:
I am a recent graduate of Boston College, and unless you have to live in the Greater Boston Area, please find another program. Before I trash the program, let me lay out the positives. First, their accounting and finance department is world class and the administration is willing to throw a lot of money to convince top notch professors such as Pete Wilson and Ronnie Sadka to forgo opportunities at much better programs to come teach at Boston College. Second, the small class sizes allow students to really get to know one another and bond. Third, it's cheap

Ok, now what sucks about this program? First and foremost, the career services department is useless. One of the MBA recruiters for a well-known consulting firm graduated from Boston College undergrad and they still can't convince that firm to come and recruit at Boston College. Students generally have to rely on themselves to find internships as career services does nothing except post job listings. The whole point of an MBA is to get a job but they do little to help students in that department. Second is the hypocrisy in the program. The program keeps emphasizing their "core values" but they don't adhere to it. Every year, there is always someone caught cheating in an exam and yet those people are not kicked out. I'm not sure if it's because it's always students from a particular country or they are afraid that kicking out 10% of the class will not look good, but they always let these students stay without any adverse effects on their academic standing within the community. Third, outside of finance and accounting and some marketing departments, the rest of the teachers are useless. The consulting projects they do is particularly dreadful and pointless and do nothing for the students' education or their career prospects.

I'm sorry if some of you have your heart set on BC. But please think twice, especially if you are someone who wants to go into finance. The program does nothing to help students change their careers.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Carroll (WL)
GMAT 1: 570 Q46 V26
GPA: 3.69
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hello friends ,

My first post on GC .. Well like few others (to my surprise :shock: ), i have been waitlisted , got a email notification today . I dint expect much ,as i had applied to Boston College and Purdue ,in about 4 days :?: , with least efforts in writing application . Gave my Gmat on 14th April , Toefl on 10th April and applied on 16th April,2012 for the final round .
Got a shameful GMAT score of 570 :( and TOEFL 112 .
Please share your experience regarding wait list .. :arrow: anyways i am taking GMAT again in the first week of July and will try to improve by a minimum of 100 points .
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey everyone I applied at Northeastern University, Howard University and Boston College. I was accepted to Howard & Northeastern (Northeastern after waitlist) and am still waitlisted at Boston College. My deadline for Northeastern is coming up for June 8 and I STILL haven't heard anything back from Boston College since April 24th waitlist...Does anyone know how long their notification is...whats latest they will notify me if I'm rejected or not?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Got acceptance letter @ BC for Evening MBA for Sep 20102.

How do you guys rate this program?

Thanks,

Sriram
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
sriram50 wrote:
Got acceptance letter @ BC for Evening MBA for Sep 20102.

How do you guys rate this program?

Thanks,

Sriram

see above post by 'disgruntled'
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
disgruntled wrote:
I am a recent graduate of Boston College, and unless you have to live in the Greater Boston Area, please find another program. Before I trash the program, let me lay out the positives. First, their accounting and finance department is world class and the administration is willing to throw a lot of money to convince top notch professors such as Pete Wilson and Ronnie Sadka to forgo opportunities at much better programs to come teach at Boston College. Second, the small class sizes allow students to really get to know one another and bond. Third, it's cheap

Ok, now what sucks about this program? First and foremost, the career services department is useless. One of the MBA recruiters for a well-known consulting firm graduated from Boston College undergrad and they still can't convince that firm to come and recruit at Boston College. Students generally have to rely on themselves to find internships as career services does nothing except post job listings. The whole point of an MBA is to get a job but they do little to help students in that department. Second is the hypocrisy in the program. The program keeps emphasizing their "core values" but they don't adhere to it. Every year, there is always someone caught cheating in an exam and yet those people are not kicked out. I'm not sure if it's because it's always students from a particular country or they are afraid that kicking out 10% of the class will not look good, but they always let these students stay without any adverse effects on their academic standing within the community. Third, outside of finance and accounting and some marketing departments, the rest of the teachers are useless. The consulting projects they do is particularly dreadful and pointless and do nothing for the students' education or their career prospects.

I'm sorry if some of you have your heart set on BC. But please think twice, especially if you are someone who wants to go into finance. The program does nothing to help students change their careers.

Counterpoint, my brother went to Boston College (not from the Boston area) and now has a job he really likes, is getting paid significantly more, and had a fantastic business school experience.

He does, however, echo your sentiment about BC's career services.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know where I can find recommendation forms/questions for BC? I'm applying R1 of this year and wanted to go over questions with my recommenders.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM