Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 16:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Posts: 80
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.15
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 06:52
Ok thanks for you answer. I hope that all wents well. Boston is my number 1 choice for the MS MBA program.
I will stay only for 4 days and actually just come for the interview :-)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 07:57
Has anyone else gotten rejected after the interview process?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2011
Posts: 93
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 08:34
Had my interview this morning, thought it went ok overall. Skype wasn't a great way to interview I wouldn't reccomend it if you can avoid it, I think it made me more nervous than a face to face would.

Why MBA? Why BU?
Tell me about time you had lead role, how did you handle it.
Tell me a time when you were part of a team but not lead how did you handle it. - fumbled that one a bit, wasn't ready, gave a horrible example in retrospect.
How will You contribute to diversity during team projects at BU

Was pretty much what I expected, she was extremely friendly. Not sure I would describe it as conversational since she pretty much exclusively engaged me through the questioning... but she was very nice and definitely made me feel comfortable. Now we wait.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 09:35
Thanks jmr! I still haven't gotten an interview request so I'm losing hope. Expecting a ding.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 13:19
Anyone know why the admission criteria for the two year MBA are different to the One year international MBA?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Posts: 87
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 7

Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2012, 21:59
jmr71483 wrote:
Had my interview this morning, thought it went ok overall. Skype wasn't a great way to interview I wouldn't reccomend it if you can avoid it, I think it made me more nervous than a face to face would.

Why MBA? Why BU?
Tell me about time you had lead role, how did you handle it.
Tell me a time when you were part of a team but not lead how did you handle it. - fumbled that one a bit, wasn't ready, gave a horrible example in retrospect.
How will You contribute to diversity during team projects at BU

Was pretty much what I expected, she was extremely friendly. Not sure I would describe it as conversational since she pretty much exclusively engaged me through the questioning... but she was very nice and definitely made me feel comfortable. Now we wait.

Posted from my mobile device Image


Thanks jmr!! All the best! :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Posts: 2
GMAT 1: Q47 V32
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2012, 13:51
Hi guys,

I recently changed email accounts, and I don´t know how to check my application status. Could you post the link please??

THANKS! Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 11
Location: United States
GPA: 3.73
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2012, 09:48
I just had my interview this morning. I live in DC and luckily an AdCom person came down to have interviews at a local hotel. In retrospect, I think it would have been nice to go to BU and have a tour and interview. Either way, I think it went pretty well. The AdCom officer (Dana) was really friendly, which helped calm my nerves. It had just snowed, so we chatted a little before we got down to the questions. It is a blind interview, so she had not read any part of my application. I first gave her a one minute rundown of my resume, and then she asked the following questions:

  • Why an MBA?
  • Why BU?
  • Tell me about a time when you took on a leadership role. What did you learn about yourself?
  • Tell me about a time when it made more sense for you to be a teammate than a leader.
  • How did you deal with a change in the status quo? (I think I kind of flubbed up on this one)
  • What do you think is your greatest personal accomplishment (totally outside of your work experience)?

Although she asked a lot of questions, there was still plenty of time for me to ask questions, and it lasted about 30 minutes. She said that she is going to send in her notes on our interview, and then another AdCom Officer is going to read my application. I should hear an answer around Feb. 10.

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2012
Posts: 2
GMAT 1: Q47 V32
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2012, 11:06
hbvincent wrote:

I just had my interview this morning. I live in DC and luckily an AdCom person came down to have interviews at a local hotel. In retrospect, I think it would have been nice to go to BU and have a tour and interview. Either way, I think it went pretty well. The AdCom officer (Dana) was really friendly, which helped calm my nerves. It had just snowed, so we chatted a little before we got down to the questions. It is a blind interview, so she had not read any part of my application. I first gave her a one minute rundown of my resume, and then she asked the following questions:

  • Why an MBA?
  • Why BU?
  • Tell me about a time when you took on a leadership role. What did you learn about yourself?
  • Tell me about a time when it made more sense for you to be a teammate than a leader.
  • How did you deal with a change in the status quo? (I think I kind of flubbed up on this one)
  • What do you think is your greatest personal accomplishment (totally outside of your work experience)?

Although she asked a lot of questions, there was still plenty of time for me to ask questions, and it lasted about 30 minutes. She said that she is going to send in her notes on our interview, and then another AdCom Officer is going to read my application. I should hear an answer around Feb. 10.

Hope this helps!


Hi hbvincent,

Thanks for sharing. I already interviewed last week as well, and it went pretty much the same way.


Why an MBA?
Why BU?
Tell me about a time when you took on a leadership role. What did you learn about yourself?
What will you bring to BUSM?

...very standard I guess.

She also told me that I will know Feb 10 or a couple of days earlier.


Where can I check the status of their decision??? Do you have a link where you can check?


Thanks, and good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 11
Location: United States
GPA: 3.73
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2012, 09:53
ready2go wrote:
hbvincent wrote:

I just had my interview this morning. I live in DC and luckily an AdCom person came down to have interviews at a local hotel. In retrospect, I think it would have been nice to go to BU and have a tour and interview. Either way, I think it went pretty well. The AdCom officer (Dana) was really friendly, which helped calm my nerves. It had just snowed, so we chatted a little before we got down to the questions. It is a blind interview, so she had not read any part of my application. I first gave her a one minute rundown of my resume, and then she asked the following questions:

  • Why an MBA?
  • Why BU?
  • Tell me about a time when you took on a leadership role. What did you learn about yourself?
  • Tell me about a time when it made more sense for you to be a teammate than a leader.
  • How did you deal with a change in the status quo? (I think I kind of flubbed up on this one)
  • What do you think is your greatest personal accomplishment (totally outside of your work experience)?

Although she asked a lot of questions, there was still plenty of time for me to ask questions, and it lasted about 30 minutes. She said that she is going to send in her notes on our interview, and then another AdCom Officer is going to read my application. I should hear an answer around Feb. 10.

Hope this helps!


Hi hbvincent,

Thanks for sharing. I already interviewed last week as well, and it went pretty much the same way.


Why an MBA?
Why BU?
Tell me about a time when you took on a leadership role. What did you learn about yourself?
What will you bring to BUSM?

...very standard I guess.

She also told me that I will know Feb 10 or a couple of days earlier.


Where can I check the status of their decision??? Do you have a link where you can check?


Thanks, and good luck!


She said that I would receive an email, but if you email MBA@BU.edu with your question about the link, some one will get back to you really quickly.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Posts: 80
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.15
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2012, 12:02
Thanks to all the guys who provided some insight into the interview process. But actually I am missing one major question, "Walk me through your resume?" or "Tell me about yourself!".

Were these questions not asked by the interviewer?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 11
Location: United States
GPA: 3.73
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2012, 19:38
amirkabir wrote:
Thanks to all the guys who provided some insight into the interview process. But actually I am missing one major question, "Walk me through your resume?" or "Tell me about yourself!".

Were these questions not asked by the interviewer?



It's a blind interview, so she started off with asking for my resume and then to give her a one minute run through. She then jumped into the usual questions of Why an MBA, etc. Throughout the interview you will see opportunities to inject little aspects about yourself. I tried to tell a different story with each question, connecting various personal and professional experiences with who I am, why I am pursuing an MBA, why BU is a good fit for my personality, and what I can bring to the community.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Posts: 87
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 7

Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 05:00
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Guys,

Just finished my interview today here in Bangalore today!

The interviewer was bang on time and the interview took place for about 20-25 mins.

I guess I did show signs of nervousness as I spoke quite fast and I had to repeat a few times since he could not get me the first time around.

On the Whole the interview was OK. Hoping for the best. He told me that they would start sending out decisions in batches Feb 10th Onwards!

Based on my goals he suggested that I apply for a MS-MBA program, I hope that doesnt affect my candidature.

Some questions I can think of:

Why MBA?
Why BU?
post MBA goals?
example of innovation at work?
example of comprise for the sake of team/company?
Leadership example?
what is the most challenging leadership quality?
Greatest achievement outside of work?

It was a pleasant one. I feel I could have done better if not for my nerves.
Keeping fingers crossed!

All the best guys!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 12
Location: Canada
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 07:06
I just had my interview yesterday as well via Skype. The questions are exactly as most people have posted on the thread:

Off the top of my head:

Resume Walk-through
Why MBA (and career goals)
Why BU (and what diversity you will bring)
Leadership experience
What activities you do for fun

The only surprise was the follow-up to the last question - I was asked how those activities enrich my professional life.

Due to nerves, I think my answers sounded a bit rehearsed...oh well, lessons learned. :-)
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2010
Posts: 28
Location: Saudi Arabia
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Carey (A)
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.7
WE: Asset Management (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 07:43
Hello everyone,

I also had my interview yesterday via Skype(I live in Saudi Arabia)
The questions are almost the same as written on previous posts, with few variations.

At the first the interviewer, Elizabeth, asked me to walk her through my resume starting with my first job after college.
I didn't get the innovation question but I was asked how do I see my career evolve immediately after BU. she also asked me, how will I add value to my cohort and classmates.

I should have kept some of my answers focused and narrowed, instead of talking about the bigger picture and why I have taken this decision or that.

Simply put, I feel I could have done much better, but well I hope what I did was more than enough to get a nod :-)


See you again on the 10th of Feb, hopefully with the good news.
Good luck to all of you.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 12009
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2159

Kudos [?]: 7587 [0], given: 3623

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 12:24
Expert's post
I am excited to announce that the admissions team from Boston University MBA team has joined GMAT Club forums and is avialable to answer any questions (please no profile evals)

ask-boston-university-school-of-management-admissions-126473.html
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2012, 10:29
Hi all - it's decision week for both FT and PT applicants. Any R2 applicants hear anything yet?

Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2010
Posts: 28
Location: Saudi Arabia
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Carey (A)
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.7
WE: Asset Management (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2012, 11:07
bww2004 wrote:
Hi all - it's decision week for both FT and PT applicants. Any R2 applicants hear anything yet?

Good luck to all!


I am a R2 applicant. The addcom stressed on the release date (10 FEB), so I guess there wont be any responses before that date.

Fingers crossed!
-F
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 8
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Nonprofit, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q36 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2012, 11:36
Hi All:

I also have applied R2, completed my interview, and am waiting for the decision. I too heard that the date was February 10, although I was given the impression that some decisions might be released a bit earlier. I guess we'll see by Friday!

Wish everyone best of luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2012, 11:50
Yeah, I'd heard repeatedly that they would try to get them out before the 10th. Hopefully the fact we haven't heard yet doesn't mean we got dinged even AFTER getting an interview. I guess we have a few days...good luck everyone!
Re: Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 06 Feb 2012, 11:50
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
12 Experts publish their posts in the topic Boston University Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! souvik101990 82 25 Apr 2013, 08:13
3 Experts publish their posts in the topic Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants jillz 129 05 Aug 2011, 11:59
4 Experts publish their posts in the topic Boston University 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 51 23 Oct 2012, 12:04
5 Olin 2012 - Calling all Washington University Applicants tstucky 120 06 Sep 2011, 11:56
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Boston University 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 130 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.