My profile in succinct :
I am a mechanical Engineer, GPA-3.4, Work Experience: 2.5 years in an automobile major (commercial vehicle segment),
Asst. Manager-Sales. GMAT- 710, TOEFL-117.
Channel sales (13 monce), than got a chance in Sales support and planning, and currently- a Business Development role as am assisting the Sr. VP- Sales (Is it worth mentioning in resume/essay?)
Also in a cross functional team working on Warehouse network re engineering (SCM). Was awarded High Performer of the year. So all in all, my major exp comes from the project am doing currently, my channel sales exp with end customers, my skills in analytics part in Sales(Sales support).
1. Describe your decision to pursue an MBA degree, highlighting the following (750) words:
a. Your motivation for pursuing an MBA degree at this point in your career; (250 words)
In 250 words, what do I include and what do I skip?
Can you precisely tell what is the intent of Ad Com in asking this question?
I have 3 reasons to go for MBA at this point in my career-
1. To get a strong framework of business and develop skills to approach business problems in a more holistic and pragmatic way- I have a short story on how my ideas could not progress as well as I wanted them to be because I failed to analyze in depth the operational and financial complexities involved- this made me think of bridging the gap with an MBA
2. Motivation by association and opportunities- Another very recent (in fact its current) instance when I got an opportunity to work with experts in a cross functional role where I felt a prof degree would have let me contribute in a greater way and thus harness the opportunity to its fullest
3. My long term goal of starting up a KPO company which requires me to get an MBA to get skill sets, diversified and comprehensive business knowhow etc etc and of course to build a strong network of managers from diverse fields- I believe this is the right time to get an MBA in order to build/hone myself to my full capacity
4. Personally, I want to get an MBA before getting married as I want to do it with my full concentration.
Which of these are most relevant and what do I mention in my essay in just 250 words?? I can't even develop a story line through the examples of the instances that really made me think of getting an MBA right at this juncture.
Please help me perfect my essay!
The other questions are:
b.Your reason for choosing to apply to Boston University and the specific program that you have chosen, i.e. MS•MBA, Health Sector MBA, Public and Nonprofit MBA, or International MBA (250 words);
I am choosing the full time MBA. I have explained here in 300 words how Boston MBA has the things that mirror my aspiration from an MBA program.
c. Your plan to leverage your professional and academic experiences to achieve your post-MBA career goals
This is another riddle. Here, apart from my engineering degree and work experience, do I also need to mention how the MBA would help me get what I want? I mean the focus needs to be on what in MBA (that I don't know precisely) would help me get what I want?
Is this a question - How my engineering degree, MBA degree and work experience help me reach my short term as well as long term goals? In that case I ll have to mention my short term and long term goals..? all this in 250 words?!
Please tell me what precisely goes into this essay.
Other questions are:
Other than national identity, describe a uniqueness you will bring to the Boston University community that will impact your classmates - both inside and outside the classroom. (500 words)
Provide any additional information, not addressed elsewhere in your application materials, which will help the Admission Committee learn more your candidacy. Please address any employment gaps, strengths or weaknesses. (500 words)
Or is it here that I explain the ideas that I gave and other stories which may be impressive (I mean.. um..)
I know its too much to ask, but I would be grateful if you could give (some of) these answers. I need to complete everything as the deadline is 4th Jan!!
Thanks a lot!
---Winners do it differently---