Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 08:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

brain stamina??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

brain stamina?? [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2007, 21:01
How long do people think it takes for their brains to recover to full stamina/intelligence after a long practice session or practice test? ie how much rest do you need before you can perform at your best again hours? a day? more?
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

It is draining! [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2007, 21:09
I can only do one session test a day! I hope that I will get used to the high pressure later on.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2007, 11:22
Two weeks before my exam I put my studying into full throttle, atleast 2-3 hrs during the week and then 16-20 hours on the weekends. It helped a lot to fine tune some tough concepts, but I will warn you that it may burn you out. I felt overwhelmed for the test and performed poorly. I think a consistent, medium pressure approach is the best, don't try to do too much all at once.
Current Student
Schools: Emory class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2007, 11:34
I think it can take a full day to recover from a 4 hour exam, whether it be practice or the real deal. I think a study plan that includes 1 to 2 hour sessions most of the time, with the occasional 4 hour burst, i.e. for practice tests, is perfect. Its like training for a marathon. You rarely will run the full 26.2 miles in training, but will try to do about 20 miles, and the excitement and adrenaline of race/test day will carry you through to peak performance.
  [#permalink] 27 Dec 2007, 11:34