Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 00:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Brandeis MAief vs. Weatherhead MSM Finance

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Brandeis MAief vs. Weatherhead MSM Finance [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 11:18
I have to decide between the two in one week. Which would you choose?

If I go to Brandeis, I'd choose the International Finance specialization in Asset Management vs MSM Finance just by itself (you cant really specialize anywhere).

Brandeis is 4 semesters vs. 3 at Case. And of course it is Boston vs. Cleveland.

Thoughts? Thanks!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

Re: Brandeis MAief vs. Weatherhead MSM Finance [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 20:37
Which do you prefer? Brandeis is a good program, but Boston is saturated with talent. Cleveland is a little off the beaten path and might be less competitive.

Boston will allow you to network with NY. Cleveland you will have to travel to Chicago for the closest large metro.

Have you visited the campuses? Any preference?

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Brandeis MAief vs. Weatherhead MSM Finance [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2012, 04:15
AnthondyD1982,

I've actually used your website quite a bit during the application season for the MSF programs. Its a great resource you've set up - Thanks!

I've visited both campuses, and both programs have their pluses and minuses. While talking with admissions at Brandeis, I asked them how their students fair considering all the other options both students and employers have in Boston. I was told that because of the uniqueness of the program, it attracts its own little niche market of employers so their students are fairly successful after graduation. They also said that their ability to set up internship in places like London or Singapore were pretty solid.

Right now I'm leaning towards Brandeis because of the international component - you can structure your time there to get the focused, quantitative skills like the Case Western, but still have the international component that this program is known for. But being from the West coast, Case Western is a name they've heard of while not many have heard of Brandeis...

Thoughts?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

Re: Brandeis MAief vs. Weatherhead MSM Finance [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2012, 20:14
Honestly, It comes down to what you think is the best. Both schools are good, in cities and offer pros and cons. You should ask yourself if you like Boston better or Cleveland. Where you want to work when you are done and which can help you achieve these goals.

In this economy you should also look at tuition cost and all in cost. If one is substantially cheaper that might be the deal breaker.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Re: Brandeis MAief vs. Weatherhead MSM Finance   [#permalink] 26 Apr 2012, 20:14