Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 18:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Break time and Erasable noteboard

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Break time and Erasable noteboard [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2007, 11:59
I have a few questions regarding the break and the noteboards.

Do I get just the marker and the 'erasable' noteboard or do I also get something to erase the noteboard?

Say, I finish the Quant section and opt to take the break. Can I sit at my desk and plan the Verbal section on the noteboard or will I be asked to leave?
Current Student
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2007, 13:12
The noteboard is eraseable, but not by you. If you run out of space on your pad, you raise your hand and the procter (proctor?) will give you a new one.

You are not required to take your 10 minute break and you are allowed to stay in the room during your break to plot whatever you need to.

Out of curiousity, what planning is there to do for the verbal section?
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2007, 14:01
I like to tabulate all the question numbers and the answer choices as it helps in POE. Thanks for the reply.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2007, 08:24
Rory wrote:
I like to tabulate all the question numbers and the answer choices as it helps in POE. Thanks for the reply.

yup, I plan on doing the same thing. This is also helpful for the math portion getting rid of the silly answers and POE on DS questions.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2007, 11:03
I would strongly urge you to take the break. It takes less than 2-3 seconds to write down "ABCDE" for the question while you're reading it. The break really helps clear your mind and get you mentally ready for the next section. Of course, everyone's different, so if you don't need the break, then more power to you. =)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2007, 14:47
mba2010 wrote:
The noteboard is eraseable, but not by you. If you run out of space on your pad, you raise your hand and the procter (proctor?) will give you a new one.

You are not required to take your 10 minute break and you are allowed to stay in the room during your break to plot whatever you need to.

Out of curiousity, what planning is there to do for the verbal section?

You shouldn't run out of space. There was plenty for me, although I did not use the note board for verbal as I do that all mentally. It should be plenty of space for the Quant section. If you are paranoid just swap it out during the breaks
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2007, 04:19
Kryzak, I intend to take the breaks. My question was whether I could use a few minutes of my break to tabulate the answer choices at my desk and then leave the room.

anonymousegmat, how many sheets does the noteboard have?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2007, 05:12
Rory wrote:
Kryzak, I intend to take the breaks. My question was whether I could use a few minutes of my break to tabulate the answer choices at my desk and then leave the room.

anonymousegmat, how many sheets does the noteboard have?

it was five legal sized sheets... although the first page had GMAC crap on it, so in total you have nine faces.

I practiced on a similar board that i bought off gettingtogradschool.com. the actual one on the GMAT was larger. trust me, i know you are paranoid about the boards and everything (i was too!) but seriously you will be fine. I had SOOOO much extra space!! the only thing is make sure the pen works when you sit down... i went out and bought the actual pens they use
too (staedtler lumocolor) for my practice CATs and the tip can get broken after normal use. on my test day my tip was broken and it caused the marker to write sloppily. i just swapped it out after the AWA.

i spent so much time practicing on a board --- dividing each page into two sections etc... doing problems as neatly as possible in a small space-- it was all pointless IMHO because I had plenty of room to write on test day.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2007, 06:50
I second... I use a LOT of paper when I do CATs at home, but I didn't even use up 5 or 6 faces of the book... Just keep the pen cap closed for as long as you can to save the ink from drying out.
  [#permalink] 16 Aug 2007, 06:50