Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 05:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Georgia Tech Thread Master
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 14

Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2014, 21:33
This post received
KUDOS
Nilohit wrote:
Hi, Got my admit decision. All the best to all those who are still waiting. It aint over till its over.

The admit mail did not mention anything about the scholarship or funding info or even that a separate letter for funding will come later.

I wanted to ask all those who got admit decisions if their admit mails contained something specifically about a separate funding letter.

Guys please let me know.

nope . nothing. just an admit decision
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2014, 04:42
harshamba wrote:
Nilohit wrote:
Hi, Got my admit decision. All the best to all those who are still waiting. It aint over till its over.

The admit mail did not mention anything about the scholarship or funding info or even that a separate letter for funding will come later.

I wanted to ask all those who got admit decisions if their admit mails contained something specifically about a separate funding letter.

Guys please let me know.

Hi nilohit
When were u interviewed??
I was interviewed on 12th feb and the portal still says selected for evaluative interview.

I was interviewed on the night of 31st January. I think 11:30PM IST to be precise.

Do not worry, wait till the 27th. There is pretty much nothing you can do right now.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.62
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2014, 21:22
Nilohit wrote:
harshamba wrote:
Nilohit wrote:

Guys please let me know.

Hi nilohit
I was interviewed on 12th feb and the portal still says selected for evaluative interview.

Waitlisted...:(
Can anyone tell me the chances of this getting converted to an admit??
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2014, 21:31
harshamba wrote:
Nilohit wrote:
harshamba wrote:
[quote="Nilohit"]Hi, Got my admit decision. All the best to all those who are still waiting. It aint over till its over.

Guys please let me know.

Hi nilohit

Waitlisted...:(
Can anyone tell me the chances of this getting converted to an admit??

People have got admitted after getting wait listed sometimes fairly quickly.

However as obvious, it totally depends on the number of admitted students leaving their respective seats to advantage of wait listed candidates.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V37
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2014, 20:04
Hi
Congratulations to those admitted!

Anyone from R1 waitlist got admits?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Boston U '17
GPA: 3.33
WE: Account Management (Retail Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 01:26
Hi guys, is there anyone applying in the 4th round(March 1 deadline)?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2014, 05:03
Hi..i have got an admit but the initial schol dint have much..i wanted to ask did you guys ask for more schol after the initial offer? if yes, how to go about it particularly for broad which is often seen as a generous college..
1 KUDOS received
Georgia Tech Thread Master
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 14

Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2014, 20:24
This post received
KUDOS
raghavendrarathore wrote:
Hi..i have got an admit but the initial schol dint have much..i wanted to ask did you guys ask for more schol after the initial offer? if yes, how to go about it particularly for broad which is often seen as a generous college..

there is no strategy to it. I would recommend that you talk to Paul directly and explain your need / predicaments . He was extremely helpful in answering some of my queries and I feel he will guide you accordingly.

Regards
jinson
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2014, 11:51
Hi Guys,
I also got waitlisted last week.

Can admitted students share the deposit deadline?. That can give us an idea on when there can be any movement on the waitlists.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Human Resources, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.48
WE: Human Resources (Entertainment and Sports)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2014, 14:05
Thepraveen wrote:
Hi Guys,

Can admitted students share the deposit deadline?. That can give us an idea on when there can be any movement on the waitlists.

For me, the letter stated 3/12/2014 at 11:59 PM.
Intern
Intern

Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2014, 14:48
I think the deposit deadline is about one month from the date decision is available for an applicant..its not same for all..
admitted guys..any group on FB? the last link given here says page not available..
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2014, 07:31
Thanks Guys,
That is still useful info. Gives the waitlisted candidates a fair indication on when any movement can happen.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 13

Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2014, 22:43
Thepraveen wrote:
Hi Guys,

20th March for me.
Intern
Intern

Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2014, 00:39
hi Ishan..you finalised broad? is there any groups for the guys going to broad so that we can discuss the way ahead - accomodation, finances and other thing..p.s i am going to broad..
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2014, 01:40
ashokgopal wrote:
Hello all prospective Broad MBAs,

My name is Ashok Gopal Balakrishnan. I'm a Class of 2015 Full-Time MBA candidate at Broad majoring in Supply Chain Management.

I know that you are going through the crossroads of your life making decisions about where to apply or even whether to apply. I hope I can make your life a tiny bit easier.

Feel free to ask questions about anything that gets into your mind such as app process, interviews, scholarship offers, Majors covered, faculty, courses offered, Michigan, campus etc. etc.

P.S:- Please don't hold back to ask questions just because you think they are stupid. Lot others here may have the same questions.

Cheers

Hi Ashok

I have submitted the enrollment fees of 1000$ and all set to proceed with the admission process.

Can you plz throw some light on the living options on the campus. I went through the Liveon website. Although it mentions all the options available but i want to have a first hand advice on same.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Human Resources, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.48
WE: Human Resources (Entertainment and Sports)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2014, 06:31
raghavendrarathore wrote:
hi Ishan..you finalised broad? is there any groups for the guys going to broad so that we can discuss the way ahead - accomodation, finances and other thing..p.s i am going to broad..

Here's a facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/344757039000228/

You can also search for Broad MBA Class of 2016 and it should pull up. I have applied to be a member but am awaiting approval since it is a closed group. Hope to see you there soon!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.14

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2014, 08:59
I was waitlisted when I checked my result on 27 February 2014. Today, when I logged in, the result link has been removed. Do not know how to interpret this. Does it mean that Broad has rejected me. Anyone who has been waitlisted, does the result link is there in your portal or removed? Please guys throw some light on this development. I am too much tensed now.
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2014, 10:06
Thepraveen wrote:
Hi Guys,

I was waitlisted when I checked my result on 27 February 2014. Today, when I logged in, the result link has been removed. Do not know how to interpret this. Does it mean that Broad has rejected me?
Isenberg Thread Master
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.74
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2014, 10:19
Hey where did you check your admission status?
Intern
Intern

Reviews Badge
Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2014, 10:32
satish100in wrote:
Hey where did you check your admission status?

same portal through which you have submitted your application.
Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 06 Mar 2014, 10:32