Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:17 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 90
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.74
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.62
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Broad (Michigan State): Class of 2016 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
Anybody in the waitlist got any updates??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
What to do if you are waitlisted ???

Do the waitlisted candidates stand a chance to get scholarship/ GA ??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.74
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
If you are waitlisted, there's a strong possibility that you will get an admit. Not sure about the scholarship though.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
satish100in wrote:
If you are waitlisted, there's a strong possibility that you will get an admit. Not sure about the scholarship though.

Thanks Satish. But, scholarship is an extremely important element that can not be ignored. Any of the current students, or admitted students - Request you to pitch in your views on this.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
kunzi wrote:
satish100in wrote:

Thanks Satish. But, scholarship is an extremely important element that can not be ignored. Any of the current students, or admitted students - Request you to pitch in your views on this.

hello kunzi , I agree scholarships are a very important part of the school selection package for most students. I have been told that apart from GA , there are many opportunities for students especially in the second year. You may well talk to second year students to get an idea about the actual situation on ground.

Waiting list => admit is purely depending on the offers being declined by the admitted students.

Most of the admitted students I know ( who have GA's ) , have a strong inclination to join Broad ( also many of them have selectively applied to broad taking into account the SCM advantage at Broad ) . Of course , I do not speak for the entire pool of admits , just a small subset only.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jnljinson wrote:
kunzi wrote:
satish100in wrote:

hello kunzi , I agree scholarships are a very important part of the school selection package for most students. I have been told that apart from GA , there are many opportunities for students especially in the second year. You may well talk to second year students to get an idea about the actual situation on ground.

Waiting list => admit is purely depending on the offers being declined by the admitted students.

Most of the admitted students I know ( who have GA's ) , have a strong inclination to join Broad ( also many of them have selectively applied to broad taking into account the SCM advantage at Broad ) . Of course , I do not speak for the entire pool of admits , just a small subset only.

Hi buddy,

Thank you for the info. +1 for the help.

A number of admitted students spoke about the decline of Detroit economy, which has affected MSU. What is your opinion on this? Any idea, how has MSU steered through the challenging time?

Almost 50% of the class gets recruited in the Midwest region. Which are the major employment hubs in the Midwest region for MSU MBA grads?

Please reply to the best of your knowledge.

Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
kunzi wrote:
jnljinson wrote:

Hi buddy,

A number of admitted students spoke about the decline of Detroit economy, which has affected MSU. What is your opinion on this? Any idea, how has MSU steered through the challenging time?

Almost 50% of the class gets recruited in the Midwest region. Which are the major employment hubs in the Midwest region for MSU MBA grads?

Thank you.

hi , though Detroit is in trouble , overall Michigan is doing well. This is the gist that I have gathered in the last couple of months. Also sharing an article posted in one of the forums addressing the issue

https://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1 ... 3361171522

Also spoke to a current first year student and he confirmed that 99% of students at Broad from the class of 2014 have offers in hand as of now. I do not know how MSU managed to do this.

Honestly , I am not aware abt the geographical distribution of jobs in the US . I will try to gather some info for you from the various forums
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jnljinson wrote:
kunzi wrote:
jnljinson wrote:

Hi buddy,

Thank you.

hi , though Detroit is in trouble , overall Michigan is doing well. This is the gist that I have gathered in the last couple of months. Also sharing an article posted in one of the forums addressing the issue

https://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1 ... 3361171522

Also spoke to a current first year student and he confirmed that 99% of students at Broad from the class of 2014 have offers in hand as of now. I do not know how MSU managed to do this.

Honestly , I am not aware abt the geographical distribution of jobs in the US . I will try to gather some info for you from the various forums

Hey mate,

Thanks for the help. Have you decided on your school?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business, Leadership
GPA: 3.1
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey all, just completed my round 4 interview after submitting my application. I was very impressed with the school and the program overall. Was not my top-choice initially, but after the interview, it became a top-choice because of their team-work focus learning and their SCM ranking. Paul North interviewed me and was very easily going and he could relate to all the skills I offer as a Navy Supply Officer. I do not have the best GMAT, but I do have a lot of WE, including 2-years overseas. So hopefully I will have some good news soon.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72865 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Broad Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Broad Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Broad Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Broad Forum to dive into all things related to Broad's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts