Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 09:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Bschool and FITNESS

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
VP
VP
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Bschool and FITNESS [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2007, 11:19
Does Bschool give enough time to hit the GYM and burn flab!!

How are you folks managing.....
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Bschool and FITNESS [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2007, 14:20
Ozmba2006 wrote:
Does Bschool give enough time to hit the GYM and burn flab!!

How are you folks managing.....

It has been very difficult to have a structured workout routine. However, I have found that as the semester has progressed I have been able to fit more time for the gym into my week. Either things are slowing down or I am improving my time management!
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2007, 19:48
It's been pretty impossible here the first two quarters for people interested in banking or consulting. The recruiting schedule is just crushing. I'll signs suggest that things will be much more manageable after January. Banking and consulting recruiting wraps up by the end of the month, and those with jobs should have considerably more free time. And second years have plenty of free time on their hands. There are at least 5 country clubs that I know of within 10 miles, including 3 not more than two miles away, and a lot of 2Ys sign up for memberships. One of the local clubs offers unlimited play for students for about $400 per semester. I'm doing that next year for sure.
Current Student
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2007, 07:07
Pelihu- by play you mean golf?:) If so, I should seriously consider Darden for that alone- thats a steal!!!
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2007, 13:40
Yeah, check out this link:
http://www.boarsheadinn.com/activities/birdwood/

It's a really nice golf course. $395 per semester, all you can play. It would probably cost $75 a round in the Bay Area. There are a bunch not more that 10 miles away, and the weather is definitely nice enough outside to be playing right now.
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 120 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2007, 12:34
We have a few descent courses around here but you'd have to be nuts or diehard to play golf in 40 degree (F) weather.

Our campus has a fully equipped athletic center, complete with four weight training rooms, racketball courts, pools, soccer fields, basketball, martial arts/yoga studios and even a sports bar with a 105" HDTV. It got pretty wild in there during football season.

Even with such fantastic facilities available, I can only muster 1~2 workouts a week because of team committments and networking etc. I'm not sure how they do it, but there are about a dozen guys that squeeze in a 45 min workout every morning.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2007, 15:43
No time during the semester, but I do plan to work out every other day over the break.
VP
VP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2007, 18:55
The key to working out around here seems to be to read cases while running on the treadmill.

Another option is to just find time to work out. I have a classmate who does 45 min sessions during lunch break. Other people (like myself) are targetting jobs which are not so time consuming in terms of events and therefore have time to do other stuff.

L.
Current Student

[#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2007, 23:57
lepium wrote:
The key to working out around here seems to be to read cases while running on the treadmill.

L.

Running while reading a case on the treadmill? Now that's something I gotta see :shock:
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2007, 14:49
Check this out: the Having to Admit I am Wrong section...

http://media.www.harbus.org/media/stora ... 6179.shtml

L.
Current Student

[#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2007, 17:48
lepium wrote:
Check this out: the Having to Admit I am Wrong section...

http://media.www.harbus.org/media/stora ... 6179.shtml

L.

She mentions reading on the elliptical machine, which, as cumbersome as it may seem, is not impossible. But running on a treadmill and reading is downright amazing.

By the way L, how has the weather in Boston been recently? Colder than when I was out last month or about the same? We've been pummeled with rain for the past week and still haven't seen the sun since Thanksgiving. :(
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2007, 22:06
We were hit by serious snow the day the finals started. 1+ ft. It started snowing around noon and kept going till 10pm or sth. They managed to clean / push aside all the snow overnight, though.

Now it's stopped snowing but it's just really cold, so the snow has become ice...

L.
SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2007, 21:38
until i got hit by that car, i was riding my back to and from school every day. It's a little hilly, so with 40 minutes of biking a day, I was in pretty good shape. I think I was one of the few to lose weight while at school. I've only started biking again a couple weeks ago, though, and managed to re-acquaint myself with about half the weight I'd lost.
  [#permalink] 24 Dec 2007, 21:38