Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 00:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Expert Post
82 KUDOS received
Followers: 311

Kudos [?]: 2608 [82] , given: 696

Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2014, 06:32
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Hi folks,here we are with the next generation of the Bunuel Signature Collection.

The reason why ? well, follow me in my new project.

Premise

I have completely rebuild/restructured the previous file Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS.

It took me a while to gather the entire collection, considering its extention; I made this to give you the best GMAT-like question bank/collection.

Guidelines

This new idea was born in my mind when I thought and re-read this useful post on MGMAT blog Time Keeps Slippin’, Slippin’, Slippin’…Into The Abyss and in particular, reading this quote

Quote:
However, timing problems are an effect, not a cause. People have timing problems because their math foundation sucks. People have timing problems because they don’t get a good rephrasing. People have timing problems because they don’t compare SC choices vertically. People have timing problems because they don’t have the discipline to guess. And so on. All of these problems are fixable. Like most GMAT issues, timing problems are the result of either a poor foundation or bad behavior.

- first of all: as you can see the key word here is "sucks" in their math foundantion. This is a consequence in my opinion of a lack of coordination between theory and practice. More often students make two errors, in my experience: on one hand do a bunch of problems in a row without fix what is the main issue; i.e. if a golfer does the same movement over and over again without fixing where is the problem, then the consequence will be the same error ad infinitum.
On the other hand: students rely too much on theory, getting lost in a maze. Too much concerned about the single rule, where put exactly the comma in a blindly way just because is the rule.
NO , all this is wrong. This is an exam of entrance in a BS: flexibility, creative istinct, skills; it is an exam that you must gather all the information, to use all the tools in your tool-box. It is not a classic exam at the end of the book or the semester: I have finished the book so Im ok, I will pass without any problem.

- secondly: that say,and this is the reason of this new collection, the students should achive a sort of what I called: the GMAT Loop or a saturation. A rebound between theory and practice untill each question in a certain area of content, no matter what or how it is presented or dressed, you are able to disentangle in the most efficient way.

- thirdly: as it turns out: the file is composed, just for this reason, of all the DS and PS that you can find in ther Bunuel's signature. As a matter of fact, they are:

RESOURCES (you can find them at these link, as well)

SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012

Collection of best Problem Solving questions and discussions of 2012

SETS OF QUESTIONS

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS (the previous Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS)

There isn't overlapp among the questions: they are unique; moreover, I provided them with more than one explanation or clarification made by Bunuel himself or by VeritasPrepKarishma, mikemcgarry, Ian Stewart.

In addition, you can find inside a GMAT Quant Theory folder with a lot of files that cover all the GMAT areas of content AND a folder in which you can find (I think is useful, as well) information about what is an MBA and why an MBA.

As of the GMAT flash cards collected, they are in PDF format and in epub, as well. You can open the latter downloading Calibre, a free software: http://calibre-ebook.com/download

Last but not least: do not study the questions on your own: back to the forum, ask for the question, use the search button, bump the post once again: our insturctors will be glad to give you new insights for that particular question, a different view from a new odd angle ;).

Enough said, here is the link to download the question bank :)

DOWNLOAD ----------> Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation <---------- DOWNLOAD

Please folks hit the kudo button and make a good ratio downloads/kudos. Thanks

PS: There is also a safety link just in case the first one doesn't work for somehow safety link

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT Date: 04-30-2014
GPA: 3.24
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 35 [2] , given: 115

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2014, 22:24
This post received
KUDOS
+1..Time Saved is Time earned..Awesome dude :punk
How does it differ from the earlier one in terms of source & collection of Q's

Kudos If I Helped..

Appreciate the efforts...KUDOS for all

Expert Post
3 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 2608 [3] , given: 696

Re: Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2014, 01:36
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 115

Re: Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2014, 03:01
Well then It is not so clear...
Is it the same collection of questions with the concepts
Or earlier collection + the 2 hyperlinked ones

Last edited by JusTLucK04 on 13 Apr 2014, 03:48, edited 1 time in total.
Expert Post
3 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 2608 [3] , given: 696

Re: Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2014, 03:12
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
The previous collection was solely the COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS in Bunuel's signature.

This collection is builded up on

1 - COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS (the previous collection as I said)
2 - RESOURCES: see also the Bunuel's signature; these latter are made of the 3 links: SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012, Collection of best Problem Solving questions and discussions of 2012, SETS OF QUESTIONS.

Indeed, all the questions that you can find in that signature you have. I think is quite clear if you read my post. :dunnow

@edit: I will edit the post to make the things more clear.......

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 35 [1] , given: 115

Re: Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2014, 03:47
This post received
KUDOS
carcass wrote:
The previous collection was solely the COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS in Bunuel's signature.

This collection is builded up on

1 - COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS (the previous collection as I said)
2 - RESOURCES: see also the Bunuel's signature; these latter are made of the 3 links: SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012, Collection of best Problem Solving questions and discussions of 2012, SETS OF QUESTIONS.

Indeed, all the questions that you can find in that signature you have. I think is quite clear if you read my post. :dunnow

@edit: I will edit the post to make the things more clear.......

Great Job..A one stop shop for all the good questions in this encyclopedia..aka the GMAT Club :wave

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 20

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2014, 04:35
This post received
KUDOS
This is awesome stuff :thumbup: , i guess i now have enough material for next few weeks...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 9

Re: Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2014, 02:52
That's Awesome Carcass ...Kudos Keep it up
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 115

Re: Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation [#permalink] New post 21 May 2014, 04:40
There is a mismatch in the absolute value problems and solutions in sevensamurai folder..Confirm the same

My Bad..So much stuff here..Checked the wrong file

Last edited by JusTLucK04 on 21 May 2014, 09:09, edited 1 time in total.
Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 2608 [0], given: 696

Re: Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation [#permalink] New post 21 May 2014, 06:36
Expert's post
JusTLucK04 wrote:
There is a mismatch in the absolute value problems and solutions in sevensamurai folder..Confirm the same

what do you mean ???

@edit

I have checked the files and 7 out 7 questions and solutions perfectly collimate.

Let me know further information

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 63

Re: Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation [#permalink] New post 23 May 2014, 14:09
this is awesome!
thank you so much!
Re: Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation   [#permalink] 23 May 2014, 14:09