Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 17:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Business Law

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Business Law [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2012, 08:57
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hello everyone,

This is my first time on this kind of forum, also I apologize if I'm way off the mark with this topic.

I would like to know opinions of "inside" people -if I may- about my career plans.

Indeed, I am a french student in an international business school situated in Austria. Even if I'm rookie, I'm already thinking about my future plans and studying in the USA is kind of an old dream. More precisely, since I got in this school, law's been interesting me very much. So I was wondering if after my 3-years bachelor in Austria, I could join a law school in the united states to study business law.
I've made some researches on the subject and it seems I don't need to pass the GMAT but the LSAT ? Is this true ?
Is there a way to join the 4th year of a law school in order to get a master degree in two years or do I have to start from the bases ?
I couldn't find any good websites about scholarships (expect for sports). Do you guys know any ?
Last but not least, am I in the right place to ask such questions ?

I hope you can help me to see through this mist.

Thank you,

Best regards
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Schools: NYU Stern 2009
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 219 [1] , given: 6

Re: Business Law [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2012, 20:06
This post received
KUDOS
Correct, it is the LSAT. As far as I know, there is no easy street to a law degree in the US. It is a very lucrative system for the universities, and will long remain that way if they have any power to make it remain so.

In what you say - it is a 2/3 year masters. There is no required pre-requisite on undergraduate study. It is foundation to being at the level to work (or be a sub-serviant lackey in a major law firm). Scholarships will be merit based - similar to business schools, above average scores for the school and applying as early as possible may enhance your chances. Not sure how common scholarships are for those legal eagles though.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Business Law [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2012, 13:36
Thank you very much for your precious answers.

I will try to figure all this out very soon.

Sincerely yours
Re: Business Law   [#permalink] 17 Jan 2012, 13:36