Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 22:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Business school after medical school

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Business school after medical school [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 13:58
Hi all

I have completed my medical school. Worked for 1 year as an intern in the same hospital. Then for 2 years as a research cordinator and medical officer in India. Then for 1 year as a research co ordinator and data manager in USA. I took my GMAT with a score of 710. I would like to seek advice from someone who has followed a similar career path ie. MBA after medical school. My resume looks more like a residency resume full of publications rather than depicting my managerial skills. I am a little confused as the entire process is a little overwhelming. Also, I am not too sure how to justify my choice of career change in my essays and speak to the admissions committee about it.

If somebody could please guide me on this.

Thanks in anticipation
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 5

Re: Business school after medical school [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2013, 16:48
srinid wrote:
Hi all

I have completed my medical school. Worked for 1 year as an intern in the same hospital. Then for 2 years as a research cordinator and medical officer in India. Then for 1 year as a research co ordinator and data manager in USA. I took my GMAT with a score of 710. I would like to seek advice from someone who has followed a similar career path ie. MBA after medical school. My resume looks more like a residency resume full of publications rather than depicting my managerial skills. I am a little confused as the entire process is a little overwhelming. Also, I am not too sure how to justify my choice of career change in my essays and speak to the admissions committee about it.

If somebody could please guide me on this.

Thanks in anticipation

At Fuqua there are quite a few folks who are getting their MBAs after their MD. Your GMAT is good and the fact that you got through medical school means you're going to be okay academically. Since your experience is mostly clinical and research (in hospitals?), are you looking to do hospital administration later? There is increasing trends for hospital systems to hire MBAs for their leadership development programs and most if not all require provider experience, which you have.

You can help me by providing what exactly your career goals are.

From Bench to Board: My transition from a non-traditional background into business

Follow @StevenMaBio on Twitter

Re: Business school after medical school   [#permalink] 25 Nov 2013, 16:48