Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:INSEAD, IE, UBC
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling al IE IMBA Nov 2011 Applicants! [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I am in !!
Have a lot of questions now!!
1. Financing
2. Placements
3. Accomodation .....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chumki1984 wrote:
I am in !!
Have a lot of questions now!!
1. Financing
2. Placements
3. Accomodation .....

Hey Hearty Congratulations, If you don mind can you share dates for your application, Invite for interview and Addmission offer plz, also your profile.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
congrats chumki1984!!:)

I have the same questions!!:p although i'm still not sure if it is still early to think about accomodation but if anyone could help in terms of financing (if u know someone from spain or someone already in IE). For example how much should I set as a monthly expense? I know this subject was already discussed but more info could be helpful!:)
and again for financing the MBA does anyone know about some external and possible scholarships?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:IE Nov. 2011
 Q47  V41
Send PM
mnivmba2012 wrote:
I have the same questions!!:p although i'm still not sure if it is still early to think about accomodation but if anyone could help in terms of financing (if u know someone from spain or someone already in IE). For example how much should I set as a monthly expense? I know this subject was already discussed but more info could be helpful!:)

All due respect, exactly which question do you have AFTER reading https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-al-ie-imba-nov-2011-applicants-106225-100.html#p902994?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mertvye wrote:
mnivmba2012 wrote:

All due respect, exactly which question do you have AFTER reading https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-al-ie-imba-nov-2011-applicants-106225-100.html#p902994?

Hi Mertvye,
I saw all your responses to the questions posed relating to IE. Hopefully, you can provide me with some input relating to the queries posted above.
I will be waiting for your reply.
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V41
Send PM
keeto702 wrote:
mertvye wrote:
mnivmba2012 wrote:

Hi Mertvye,
I saw all your responses to the questions posed relating to IE. Hopefully, you can provide me with some input relating to the queries posted above.
I will be waiting for your reply.

No problem, but can you give me concrete questions?
Bye.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
1st Question:)
Just wanted to understand the IE admission process from sm1.
IS an I/W invite given to every applicant or say (80%) irrespective of those applicants not meeting the set eligibility criteria?
For example, people not able to clear the IE test or the GMAT, do they also receive interview invite?
I am confused :(
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V41
Send PM
keeto702 wrote:
IS an I/W invite given to every applicant or say (80%) irrespective of those applicants not meeting the set eligibility criteria?
For example, people not able to clear the IE test or the GMAT, do they also receive interview invite?

Ahh I read it, but I don't have the answer. I read somewhere that admissions say that are invited around 95% of applicants. I guess that to qualify to the interview you must have a minimum in those tests, although this minimum is unknown also.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mertvye wrote:
keeto702 wrote:

Ahh I read it, but I don't have the answer. I read somewhere that admissions say that are invited around 95% of applicants. I guess that to qualify to the interview you must have a minimum in those tests, although this minimum is unknown also.

How long was your interview (mine 20 mins flat); and did they ask ya any tricky questions as for me they did not xcept for 1 in which they raised a concern that I don have any Managerial experience.
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V41
Send PM
keeto702 wrote:
mertvye wrote:
keeto702 wrote:

How long was your interview (mine 20 mins flat); and did they ask ya any tricky questions as for me they did not xcept for 1 in which they raised a concern that I don have any Managerial experience.

About 40 minutes and the only tricky question was "what do you think is the weakest point of IE?"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ahh I read it, but I don't have the answer. I read somewhere that admissions say that are invited around 95% of applicants. I guess that to qualify to the interview you must have a minimum in those tests, although this minimum is unknown also.[/quote]
How long was your interview (mine 20 mins flat); and did they ask ya any tricky questions as for me they did not xcept for 1 in which they raised a concern that I don have any Managerial experience.[/quote]
About 40 minutes and the only tricky question was "what do you think is the weakest point of IE?"[/quote]
Other Questions (Let me know yours)
Why IE?
Strengths & weaknesses with example?
Explain your profile?
Contribution you plan to make to the class?
What steps have you taken towards your goals?
Longterm and shortterm goals?
How do you plan to fund your education?

Tks for the previous replies :).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Canelon wrote:
Jiang wrote:
me neither. Cant find any group for 2011 Nov intake.

Yes! There is a FB page!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 08890&ap=1

Its invite only for now, until the MBA date comes closer (to keep confidenciality among those who have not notified they are leaving in their jobs). So just ask to be accepted to join the group!!

New admits to IE can join the FB group..lots of useful information there.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mertvye wrote:
mnivmba2012 wrote:

mertvye I already read this post..it was helpful..sorry for not being clearer..but what I wanted to know is how much should I set for a single person..you gave ur personal estimation for a couple (2,400Euros) and if I sum the higher numbers you presented I still get a low figure compared to what the IE website gives (1620-2220Euros)..I know I should probably add some additional expenses to the numbers you gave..This is why I would like to know what is the range you would personally set for a student living alone in a 800Euro appart for ex? in other terms is the range given by the IE website acceptable? or should it be lower, higher?

For the accommodation what is the best scenario? look for an apartment a couple of months before going to Spain or search for one while in Madrid?
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V41
Send PM
mnivmba2012 wrote:
mertvye wrote:
mnivmba2012 wrote:

mertvye I already read this post..it was helpful..sorry for not being clearer..but what I wanted to know is how much should I set for a single person..you gave ur personal estimation for a couple (2,400Euros) and if I sum the higher numbers you presented I still get a low figure compared to what the IE website gives (1620-2220Euros)..I know I should probably add some additional expenses to the numbers you gave..This is why I would like to know what is the range you would personally set for a student living alone in a 800Euro appart for ex? in other terms is the range given by the IE website acceptable? or should it be lower, higher?

For the accommodation what is the best scenario? look for an apartment a couple of months before going to Spain or search for one while in Madrid?

For your information, most people who work in Madrid in average jobs (software engineering, teaching, nursing, ...), i.e. not IB, big4 or such, earn around 1200-1800 after taxes. There are few who earn more than that, but especially after they have gained some experience. And with that money they live without problem. The key is that they share a flat with 1 or 2 more people and they spend where they can.

I think the 1620-2200 euros range is quite appropriate. Of course some people will spend much more if they attend many parties and dine out very often.

Moreover in Madrid there are many things where you could spend money: ballet, opera, cinemas, ice rinks, trips to the beach or trips to ski resorts, ...

The main expense is a flat, and although some people say they found it for less than 600 euros, I have doubts about this kind of flat. 800 is a good price but it wont be near the school. Many students, if not most of them, advice to live near the school and as this neighbourhood is the posh one the flat will go up to 1000-1200.

I hardly advice everybody to come to Madrid earlier and look for the flat there.

In the FB page, apart from other useful information, you can find people who are interested in sharing a flat.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you mertvye for your reply.. I guess sharing a flat could be a good idea..

concerning the scholarships do u have any idea if I could find external ones? I did a research but could not find anything useful.

Thank you
Manager
Manager
 Q47  V41
Send PM
mnivmba2012 wrote:
Thank you mertvye for your reply.. I guess sharing a flat could be a good idea..

concerning the scholarships do u have any idea if I could find external ones? I did a research but could not find anything useful.

Thank you

I'm sorry but I can't help you with external scholarships.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts