Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 10:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
Schools: Ross '10
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 165 [0], given: 1

[#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2007, 17:22
Yep, thats right. I felt the app was ready, so I just went ahead and submitted. I did this so that I can focus on MIT until 10/30 without worrying about Ross.

dabots wrote:
isnt the deadline nov 1? nice job finishing early.

mNeo:Thanks. I will need all the luck I can get.
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2007, 17:29
I am going to wait until after I visit to submit, just in case I have something I really want to add. But I think I am pretty much done too.

Good luck. I wonder if they start reviewing them immediately, or wait until after the deadline to get started.
SVP
SVP

[#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2007, 17:31
I got the feeling that they start reviewing right after you submit. This was from talking to a student who has done ad-com work in the past.

Visiting is a great idea. You will be able to really understand why they say Ross is a collaborative environment. I visited in September and had a great time there.

bherronp wrote:
I am going to wait until after I visit to submit, just in case I have something I really want to add. But I think I am pretty much done too.

Good luck. I wonder if they start reviewing them immediately, or wait until after the deadline to get started.
Current Student
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2007, 10:05
As Ross is my first school, I had a couple of questions while filling in the app.

1. While entering the GPA, it does not have a 10 point scale. How do you guys solve for that?
2. Any place to enter an elected position in UG? The Extra curriculars field specifically says "last 5 yrs".

Thanks
SVP
SVP

[#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2007, 10:52
I cant help you on 1. Mine was % based; so I entered using the 100 point scale.

About 2, Ross does not place much credence on ECs more than 5 years in the past. Your only option is to somehow work it into the essays. But make sure that this piece of info fits well into the essay.

dosa_don wrote:
1. While entering the GPA, it does not have a 10 point scale. How do you guys solve for that?
2. Any place to enter an elected position in UG? The Extra curriculars field specifically says "last 5 yrs".
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2007, 01:45
does anyone have any idea how the online recommendation work? Is it a set of questions that the recommender has to fill in? Or is it just a word document he can prepare and upload? I have absolutely no idea about it. Any help will be great!
SVP
SVP

[#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2007, 20:41
lepium, batchgmat,lxa etal...

Does anyone remember how long after the deadlines, Ross begins to send out interview invites?
VP
VP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 185 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2007, 23:55
ncprasad wrote:

Does anyone remember how long after the deadlines, Ross begins to send out interview invites?

I applied R2, so the dates may be different, but I was invited to interview about 6 weeks after submitting.

They told me in the invitation e-mail that this was a 2nd chance to interview since I had not responded to the first invitation, but I hadn't gotten the first invitation. Since I was already invited to interview, I did not confront them much about that issue. The only reason why I state it is that apparently some invites (including mine) were sent much earlier than that (2 - 3 weeks from submission).

Another thing: some admitted students get calls or e-mails about 4 - 5 days before the notification deadline. Don't be discouraged, though, if you don't get a call. I know of people who got in and weren't called until after being admitted.

L.
SVP
SVP

[#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2007, 00:12
thanks lepium. BTW, how come you are posting around 4 am Boston time? HBS must be keeping you up.
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2007, 02:35
I am somewhat stuck with the Ross optional essay.

The PDF "Application Essay Questions" file says:
"Optional question.
Is there anything else you think the Admissions Committee should know about you to evaluate your candidacy?"

Now, the page 16 of Step 3 Documents/Essays of the online app form states a somewhat different question:
"Please include any additional information you would like to submit."

Am I supposed to submit my optional essay here?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2007, 05:52
Based on the b-week thread, interview invites started coming out from mid november last year (I think the 14th)

ncprasad wrote:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2007, 06:23
helg wrote:
I am somewhat stuck with the Ross optional essay.

The PDF "Application Essay Questions" file says:
"Optional question.
Is there anything else you think the Admissions Committee should know about you to evaluate your candidacy?"

Now, the page 16 of Step 3 Documents/Essays of the online app form states a somewhat different question:
"Please include any additional information you would like to submit."

Am I supposed to submit my optional essay here?

I don't see any other place to put an optional essay, so I would go with Step 16. When you upload the document, you can title it as "Optional Essay" plus put it somewhere in the header of your document. They will get the picture.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2007, 08:53
I am a bit stuck in the 3rd essay for Ross. I am able to come up with alternate career but am facing difficulties in connecting to MAP. Can some of you all please help in going about the essay.

Thanks for your help!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2007, 09:17
yogeshsheth wrote:
I am a bit stuck in the 3rd essay for Ross. I am able to come up with alternate career but am facing difficulties in connecting to MAP. Can some of you all please help in going about the essay.

Thanks for your help!!

The way I approached this essay is I took the non-work experience that I most enjoy, and thought about how I could turn it into an entrepreneurial experience. Starting a business requires multiple disciplines (management, finance, communications, etc), and my answer combines a passion of mine with action across multiple discplines.

Of course, this is how I interpreted how to best answer this, but that does not mean the Ross adcoms will agree with me. I am not musically or artistically inclined in any way, so my answer fit best with me. Hope this helps.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2007, 09:20
yogeshsheth wrote:

Thanks for your help!!

Found the reply for it on thread Applicants - Ross, 2008 at BW:
http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=72925

And here is another reply:
http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... w-bschools
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2007, 23:04
R.E.D. wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:

Thanks for your help!!

Found the reply for it on thread Applicants - Ross, 2008 at BW:
http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=72925

And here is another reply:
http://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... w-bschools

Thanks for your reply!!
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2007, 01:41
djhouse81 wrote:
yogeshsheth wrote:

Thanks for your help!!

The way I approached this essay is I took the non-work experience that I most enjoy, and thought about how I could turn it into an entrepreneurial experience. Starting a business requires multiple disciplines (management, finance, communications, etc), and my answer combines a passion of mine with action across multiple discplines.

Of course, this is how I interpreted how to best answer this, but that does not mean the Ross adcoms will agree with me. I am not musically or artistically inclined in any way, so my answer fit best with me. Hope this helps.

You gave me a direction to think!! Thanks a lot!!
VP
VP
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 118 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2007, 09:33
OK guys,

Has anyone else run into the same problem as I did and what did you do?
It seems that Ross application system does not accomodate several transcripts. It only allows you to upload 1 transcript from the school. I have three transcripts.
Did you combine transcripts from different schools into one document?

Thanks,

Nervousgmat
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2007, 08:49
nervousgmat wrote:
OK guys,

Has anyone else run into the same problem as I did and what did you do?
It seems that Ross application system does not accomodate several transcripts. It only allows you to upload 1 transcript from the school. I have three transcripts.
Did you combine transcripts from different schools into one document?

Thanks,

Nervousgmat

Their FAQs say that they accept transcripts in email. I think it might be easier for you to scan and email them..
VP
VP
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 118 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2007, 09:19
Ended up combining all of my transcripts into one file and uploading as one document.
Pain the the a**
  [#permalink] 22 Oct 2007, 09:19