Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 21:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2010, 03:27
kekmurph wrote:
SubieRX wrote:
Just got an interview E-mail from USC.... still waiting on Anderson :( They will begin interviewing on April 20th... good luck everyone!


Are you round 3? If so, are you local or out-of-state?


Sorry... forgot to mention that in my post. Yes, I am round 3 and am local.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 02:05
For those of you who sent in your deposit and intent to enroll form, did you ever get any confirmation from the school? I sent mine in a few weeks ago, the check hasn't been cashed, and I never got any confirmation from the school that my spot in the class is officially reserved. I also didn't get a confirmation of my spot on admit weekend, but I guess I'll just head to Popovich Hall at 2 pm Friday if I don't hear anything else.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 04:00
LAGuy wrote:
For those of you who sent in your deposit and intent to enroll form, did you ever get any confirmation from the school? I sent mine in a few weeks ago, the check hasn't been cashed, and I never got any confirmation from the school that my spot in the class is officially reserved. I also didn't get a confirmation of my spot on admit weekend, but I guess I'll just head to Popovich Hall at 2 pm Friday if I don't hear anything else.



Why don't you just call the school and ask? I think it'd be worth the 5 minute phone call for some peace of mind... :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Mar 2010
Posts: 7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 07:08
your online app will be updated stating that your deposit has been received.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 23
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2010, 11:08
I live in Palms, which is on the border of Culver City. I think its a great area. Its definitely cheaper than Brentwood, and downtown Culver City has been growing alot with nice restaurants. That said, most of the cool bars are closer to Santa Monica.

For anyone else moving from out of state, I would be happy to answer questions. Ill be going to the Admit days Friday night after work, and all day Saturday. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Feel free to message me and Ill give you my email.


luckymojo wrote:
what are your thoughts on living in and commuting from Culver City?

WilMan777 wrote:
BB22 wrote:
There is no way that a commute from the south bay (redondo/torrance/etc) is easier than Santa Monica, especially going home from campus.

if commuting is a huge issue, find something downtown or near campus. Just make sure it's a relatively safe area (read: not skid row).

and in LA the difference in leaving at 7 or 7:15 can make a big difference. For some reason those extra 15 minutes are huge.


I agree. Right now I live on the border of SM/Brentwood and I don't think I would live much farther west of here because I think the commute will be about a 30-40 minutes as it is.

As for living downtown, I had some friends who lived there when I was going in undergrad (I graduated in 2007) and there are some nicer buildings for less rent. However, the Westside is nicer overall--close to the beach, post-college/younger crowd, safer, and IMHO just more things to do.

I'm also considering moving to Hollywood at some point but I have no idea what the commute is like. The distance is shorter (7-8 miles) but I think you'll probably hit a lot of downtown traffic in the AM.

Hope this helps and PM me if you have any questions!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2010, 14:25
SubieRX wrote:
kekmurph wrote:
SubieRX wrote:
Just got an interview E-mail from USC.... still waiting on Anderson :( They will begin interviewing on April 20th... good luck everyone!


Are you round 3? If so, are you local or out-of-state?


Sorry... forgot to mention that in my post. Yes, I am round 3 and am local.



Have interview invites to out-of-state applicants gone out?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 02 Apr 2010
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2010, 02:06
Hey guys, it could be helpful to add your gmat score and some other information like GPA when you write a post saying you received an interview invitation... Just to have an idea of the profile
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 10
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2010, 16:58
for those of you who went to Admit Weekend--how did you like it?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2010, 01:44
rsound wrote:
Hey guys, it could be helpful to add your gmat score and some other information like GPA when you write a post saying you received an interview invitation... Just to have an idea of the profile


710 GMAT, 3.2 GPA from UCSD with a Biology degree... 1 year of commercial insurance sales, 2 years of consulting work, and extensive work in non-profit.

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 02 Apr 2010
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2010, 13:52
SubieRX wrote:
rsound wrote:
Hey guys, it could be helpful to add your gmat score and some other information like GPA when you write a post saying you received an interview invitation... Just to have an idea of the profile


710 GMAT, 3.2 GPA from UCSD with a Biology degree... 1 year of commercial insurance sales, 2 years of consulting work, and extensive work in non-profit.

Hope this helps!


Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Apr 2010
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2010, 10:27
Has anyone else in round 3 received an invitation to interview? Any updates?
I believe that only 1 or 2 people in this forum as reported that they received one, again from round 3.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 73
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2010, 12:44
Anybody have the website address where you can accept/decline your admission offeR?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 02 Apr 2010
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2010, 07:49
kekmurph wrote:
Has anyone else in round 3 received an invitation to interview? Any updates?
I believe that only 1 or 2 people in this forum as reported that they received one, again from round 3.

Same question, nobody else?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 23
WE 1: 3 Yrs Sell Side Research
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2010, 08:32
rsound wrote:
kekmurph wrote:
Has anyone else in round 3 received an invitation to interview? Any updates?
I believe that only 1 or 2 people in this forum as reported that they received one, again from round 3.

Same question, nobody else?


got invite last monday via email. Not local
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 31
Location: New York
Schools: R2: Haas (WL); HBS; Stanford; UCLA Anderson ($); USC Marshall ($$)
WE 1: Banking/Finance
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2010, 11:21
paulymba wrote:
Anybody have the website address where you can accept/decline your admission offeR?


I think that the only way to respond is by sending in the form that was included with the admit package.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 02 Apr 2010
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2010, 12:57
I just realized that if i was as good in english as I am in french, I would have scored probably around V42 instead of V35. It means 680 instead of 610... :? Sigh...
good to be native!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Apr 2010
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2010, 06:06
Applied third round - have an interview Monday via video skype.

Interviewed with G'town two weeks ago, didn't get invited for an interview at UNC.

650/3.3/4 Years WE/Good international experience
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 73
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2010, 11:19
fall2010mba wrote:
paulymba wrote:
Anybody have the website address where you can accept/decline your admission offeR?


I think that the only way to respond is by sending in the form that was included with the admit package.


I threw it away...wanted to decline and give up my position for someone else...but they make it tough for me to do it!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Affiliations: Lived overseas since 2003
Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Posts: 12
Location: Indonesia, originally CA
Schools: Marshall
WE 1: Trainer
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2010, 10:53
Has anyone on the waitlist been contacted for either admission/interview?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 45
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA -> Charlottesville, VA
Schools: University of Virginia 2012
WE 1: 4.5 years litigation consulting
WE 2: 9 months non-profit/health insurance
WE 3: 5 months high-tech
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2010, 10:57
expatcominghome wrote:
Has anyone on the waitlist been contacted for either admission/interview?
Not me. Will most likely be withdrawing for Darden at the end of the week.
Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants   [#permalink] 04 May 2010, 10:57
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
8 Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants albyman32 471 23 Nov 2009, 15:05
62 Experts publish their posts in the topic Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants APEX 409 05 Oct 2012, 22:19
49 Experts publish their posts in the topic USC Marshall 2012 - Calling All Applicants ebonn101 691 28 Aug 2011, 10:46
2 Calling All 2009 USC-Marshall Applicants Omne 51 03 Jun 2008, 16:27
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24    Next  [ 472 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.