Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 15:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GPA: 3.59
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 35 [1] , given: 62

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2011, 07:01
This post received
KUDOS
Please brace yourself for a little emotional outburst. I am prepping for my interview, which is less than a week away now.

What's really interesting is that the more I read about the school, its history, its culture...the ridiculously amazing support system that it provides to its students, the more I am falling in love with it. I can't even begin to express how badly I want to attend Booth (I am sure almost all of us feel that way and this is in no way an exceptional or a good enough reason to get admitted :)) but alas!! there's enough brilliant people out there to easily squeeze me out of a spot at the school ten times over! But having said that, I am really really hoping for a miraculous admit come march.

G'luck to all!

If you like it, Kudos please!
My Profile: 2011-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-93850-140.html#p892848

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2012
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 38 [1] , given: 19

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2011, 11:06
This post received
KUDOS
jbharris88 wrote:
staind wrote:
youngn wrote:
Got an interview invite on Tuesday. Very surprised but thankful/excited.

For people staying in downtown Chicago: how are you getting to Hyde Park? Cab or Public Trans? How easy is the public transportation down there?

You can take the red line from downtown to Booth.

If you don't have to, absolutely do not take the red line, certainly not at night.

Take Metra to 59th St. Station: http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home/maps ... TH-UP.html or cab it or drive it.

I know it's perfectly clear from the most recent post I quoted -- but just there is absolutely no doubt left in anybody's mind, you want to take the METRA from downtown to Booth. That's how about 500 of us do it every day. There are a handful of people who take a bus, nobody takes the red line. Do not take the red line.

Hop on at Millennium Station at Randolph and Michigan (or Van Buren in South Loop) and pay $2 to get to the 59th street or 55-56-57th street (it's one station -- use the 57th st. exit) stations. It's a 8-12 minute walk from there. If it's your first time, 59th st. is easier, (shorter and no turns) but the trains run less frequently to 59th than 55/6/7. Booth is at 59th and South Woodlawn.

For my interview I took a cab rather than risk it and then took the metra back to save $.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: NABA, AKA
Schools: Booth (Accepted + 60K!), Kellogg (Accepted + 70K!), Stanford (Ding), Duke (Withdrawn)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2011, 20:30
[/quote] Hi dalailama, seems like you have an admit from Kellogg and Booth with $$. Have you decided between the 2 ? If I end up in the same situation that question is pretty much going to be looming over my head too. Obv, I am not expecting the $$ in my case. Thanks.[/quote]

I'm struggling with that decision too! I change my mind everyday...
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth R2, Kellogg R2 (W/L - withdrawn)
WE 1: Big 4 IT Auditing
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2011, 21:04
Sweetshel86 wrote:
Hi dalailama, seems like you have an admit from Kellogg and Booth with $$. Have you decided between the 2 ? If I end up in the same situation that question is pretty much going to be looming over my head too. Obv, I am not expecting the $$ in my case. Thanks.[/quote]

I'm struggling with that decision too! I change my mind everyday...[/quote]

What do you want to do? The extra $20k would make up my mind for me.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2011, 21:07
driege wrote:
Sweetshel86 wrote:
Hi dalailama, seems like you have an admit from Kellogg and Booth with $$. Have you decided between the 2 ? If I end up in the same situation that question is pretty much going to be looming over my head too. Obv, I am not expecting the $$ in my case. Thanks.

I'm struggling with that decision too! I change my mind everyday...[/quote]

What do you want to do? The extra $20k would make up my mind for me.[/quote]

Is the decision really that easy? The schools are quite different: http://poetsandquants.com/2010/07/02/ch ... gg-school/
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth R2, Kellogg R2 (W/L - withdrawn)
WE 1: Big 4 IT Auditing

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2011, 21:11
stormbringer wrote:
driege wrote:
Sweetshel86 wrote:
Hi dalailama, seems like you have an admit from Kellogg and Booth with $$. Have you decided between the 2 ? If I end up in the same situation that question is pretty much going to be looming over my head too. Obv, I am not expecting the $$ in my case. Thanks.

I'm struggling with that decision too! I change my mind everyday...

What do you want to do? The extra $20k would make up my mind for me.[/quote]

Is the decision really that easy? The schools are quite different: http://poetsandquants.com/2010/07/02/ch ... gg-school/[/quote]

I suppose it depends on what field you want to enter. I guess I'd check out the admit weekends to make sure I was comfortable there.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 03:50
I really want a call today ... applied to 2 schools in US and none of them gave me a call yet ...
Hoping for the best .....
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 06:34
Had my off-campus interview on Friday at an alum's office in downtown Manhattan. I think it went pretty well, although you never really know with these things!

Do any acceptances go out on the mid-decision date or is this just the deadline for interviews and a decision point for waitlist candidates?
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Manufacturing
WE 2: Analytics
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 14

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 06:40
Diddle wrote:
Had my off-campus interview on Friday at an alum's office in downtown Manhattan. I think it went pretty well, although you never really know with these things!

Do any acceptances go out on the mid-decision date or is this just the deadline for interviews and a decision point for waitlist candidates?

thats good :) ..but i/v is just part of ur app package...anyways ..all da best ... hope u get a call on mar-15...
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Columbia Business School '13
WE 1: Investment Banking
WE 2: Higher Education

Kudos [?]: 44 [2] , given: 7

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 06:52
This post received
KUDOS
Cookiesn wrote:
Please brace yourself for a little emotional outburst. I am prepping for my interview, which is less than a week away now.

What's really interesting is that the more I read about the school, its history, its culture...the ridiculously amazing support system that it provides to its students, the more I am falling in love with it. I can't even begin to express how badly I want to attend Booth (I am sure almost all of us feel that way and this is in no way an exceptional or a good enough reason to get admitted :)) but alas!! there's enough brilliant people out there to easily squeeze me out of a spot at the school ten times over! But having said that, I am really really hoping for a miraculous admit come march.

G'luck to all!

I say let that love for Booth be known! Go into your interview with confidence. Don't worry about the brilliance of other applicants. Your profile is a nice match for Booth, given your IB background and nice GPA and GMAT scores. Since your scores put you right in the mix with the average stats from other Booth admits, focus on displaying your fit and allegiance to Booth. That will make the difference for you.

In my opinion, one of Booth's few weaknesses is its yield rate. It's significantly lower than the other elite schools. I think that the adcom is sensitive to that stat and would like to drive it lower by converting more admits to enrolled students. If you can convince your interviewer that if admitted, you are bar-none, absolutely going to Booth, you will have done yourself a great service. I have a former client (from my i-banking life) who obtained the start-up capital for his now successful tech firm while he was a student at Booth. Several of his backers were faculty members at Booth. He told me that if you can convince the folks of Booth of your undying love and commitment to the school, you'll be in very good shape. I think his advice was poignant and played a big part in my successful admit.

Good luck!

My GMAT Debrief: my-gmat-experience-540-to-92850.html
Every man I meet is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. - Emerson

Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth R2, HBS R2 (w/o int), Sloan R2, Kellogg R2, LBS R2, GSB R2 w/o int

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 07:02
any invite action today?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth R2, HBS R2 (w/o int), Sloan R2, Kellogg R2, LBS R2, GSB R2 w/o int

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 07:03
scratch that. just got an invite. gl all
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton (R2), Booth (R2), Yale (Accept R1), MIT (R1, ding), INSEAD (R1 Accept), Stanford (R1, ding)
WE 1: 3yrs S+T major IB

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 07:05
9:05 cst is generally when they send mails. Any invites today?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 07:10
Just got an invitation 02/07
App 01/04
Complete 01/22
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton (R2), Booth (R2), Yale (Accept R1), MIT (R1, ding), INSEAD (R1 Accept), Stanford (R1, ding)
WE 1: 3yrs S+T major IB

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 07:13
hey congrats guys. Same time stamp? In that case I guess today's wave is over too. :(
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: ROSS PT 2012
WE 1: Mech Engineer - General Electric - 2yrs
WE 2: Lead Mech Engineer - Ingersoll Rand - 4 yrs

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 07:16
asgonmr wrote:
hey congrats guys. Same time stamp? In that case I guess today's wave is over too. :(

The email's are sent out at 9:05 am each morning. So yes, today's wave is over.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 07:17
09:05 time stamp for me as well although it took 5 mins to get to my gmail inbox. Complete 01/15 by the way so there is still hope for those who completed early.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 07:21
Agree with madman, mine went complete 1/13 so it is random.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth, Columbia, NYU

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 07:25
peppermuncher wrote:
Agree with madman, mine went complete 1/13 so it is random.

Peppermuncher did you get an invite today?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 07:30
checking everyday for the email that never seems to arrive, suck!

Waiting for Feb 16th to come by so it will be all over. Have to love Wharton's style of sending out invites.
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!   [#permalink] 07 Feb 2011, 07:30