Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS (R2 - ding), Booth (R2 - WL - In!), Kellogg (R2 - ding), MIT Sloan (R2 - ding)
 Q49  V42
GPA: 3.67
WE 1: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Schools:HBS (R2 - ding), Booth (R2 - WL - In!), Kellogg (R2 - ding), MIT Sloan (R2 - ding)
 Q49  V42
GPA: 3.67
WE 1: 6
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 244 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
 Q41  V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
WE:Other (Insurance)
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink]
Michmax3 wrote:
ounce wrote:
Got an invite! Very excited...

Submited: 1/6/2011
Completed: 1/19/2011
Interview invite: 2/7/2011

I am in Canada and haven't previously visited campus. I had an impression that Booth really cares that applicants show passion and interest in the school. Should I fly to Chicago to interview or just request an off-campus interview? Booth is definitely my top choice of school and I don't want to make any mistakes that are detriment to my application... Any advice?

If it's your top choice school and you can make it out, I would. I don't think it will make or break your acceptance, but you would probably want to visit before enrolling anyway so might as well do it now, it can only help to build enthusiasm for the program that will come across in your interview. That's how I've been looking at it for schools that invite me to interview.

Still waiting on my invite for Booth...hopefully get one soon!

One positive thing about on-campus interviews is that they are more predictable.

Alumni interviewers may or may not deviate from the question bank, and thus are less predictable.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: product management
Send PM
maidinindya2 wrote:
Sorry, just realized the fine print at the top saying that applicants interviewing in India should contact the coordinator in order to schedule :) I guess there's a lot to be said for reading an email thoroughly :)

Can someone who has interviewed in India share how it works? Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:Ross 2013
GPA: 3.1
WE 1: 4 yrs Management Consulting
Send PM
fuji wrote:
Got invite this morning! Scheduled the interview on the presidents day. Will be flying in from DC. Anyone else?

Submit - 5 Jan
Complete - 19 Jan
Interview Invite - 7 Feb

ill be there from DC!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Booth(Int - Waitlist-R2), Kellogg (Int-admit-R2), CBS (Ding-RD), Yale(admit-R2), Haas(int-R3)
 Q48  V38
WE 1: 6 years - Healthcare Consulting
Send PM
Hey all,

First post, but I've been following the board for a week or so. Has anyone who went under review on or after 1/27 received an interview invite? Any thoughts on when I may hear?

Thanks!

Originally posted by capuella on 08 Feb 2011, 11:18.
Last edited by capuella on 08 Feb 2011, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tintoretto wrote:
My application was complete in the end of December. Given that most people who got invites have submitted/completed in Jan, does that mean that they are sending out invites in reverse order? Or has anyone who submitted/completed in December also gotten an invite?

Thanks!

Anyone? It's been more than a month for me. Does that mean a sure ding? Have they forgotten me? :( Any thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
EBSIFounder wrote:
Did anyone that went complete after 1/26 get an interview invite? I can't seem to find a single person, please correct me if I am wrong?

Haven't seen any. Then again, it's been fewer than 10 business days since then, and then that blizzard hit, so I do think Booth will be issuing invites up until the 2/16 deadline.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Tintoretto wrote:
Tintoretto wrote:
My application was complete in the end of December. Given that most people who got invites have submitted/completed in Jan, does that mean that they are sending out invites in reverse order? Or has anyone who submitted/completed in December also gotten an invite?

Thanks!

Anyone? It's been more than a month for me. Does that mean a sure ding? Have they forgotten me? :( Any thoughts?

No it doesn't. I had written Booth off completely, but this Monday I received an invite. You really never know with any of these schools.

You could model the probability of invite as a uniform distribution from the day your applicant went complete to the last day invites are given, but that would be a little anal.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: IT Strategy
Schools:Booth R2, Kellogg R2 (W/L - withdrawn)
 Q49  V47
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Big 4 IT Auditing
Send PM
mreevit wrote:
One positive thing about on-campus interviews is that they are more predictable.

Alumni interviewers may or may not deviate from the question bank, and thus are less predictable.

There isn't as much difference as you might think. I interviewed on-campus this past weekend and most of the interviewers were actually alums. My guy showed me the really long list of potential questions to ask (several pages printed out with 20 or so questions per page, broken down by areas like leadership and handling conflict). I think they are supposed to touch on all or most of the areas. I assume this is the same whether it is on-campus or off - there are so many questions that it's not like they give them a specific set to ask. The only difference is that on-campus interviews are scheduled every 45 minutes, so it won't last more than a couple minutes longer than a half hour.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
This is an interview question:

Since interviewers will only have access to you resume, should you reiterate pretty much everything in your application (they must like what they are seeing if it got you this far) or should you focus on introducing new points in the interview (if the interviewer cites specifics to the adcom, they will have more material to work with)?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
kleinster wrote:
I have been holding out on joining this forum and posting, but I felt compelled today. I have to say, the posts in this forum are like crack for an addict--simply irresistible. After stealthily reading other's posts and gleaming information here and there from others in the Booth 2011 application process, for a while, I am ready to join the community. Two thoughts:

(1) The invite process is random, in my opinion. In my case, my application was received on 1/5 and completed on 1/14, and I received an invite to interview on 2/1. Judging from others' dates, I feel there's no clear pattern. Although, I have to believe there's some sort of internal tiering system that the admissions committee uses. I mean, with tens of thousands of applications, there has to be some level of organization. But how that works, I have no clue.

All of that said, keep your hopes up until the February 16th cutoff date!

(2) It is disappointing to hear that Booth interviews 50% of applicants. It's great that the school values an in-person meeting when evaluating candidates and thus, chooses to interview many from the pool. (Kudos to Kellogg for their 100% interview policy.) But it's not so great to feel only a slight sense of achievement in landing an interview. The reality is that there are still thousands of highly-qualified candidates in the pool; moreover, it's highly likely, especially for such an amazing school as Booth, for candidates to interview incredibly well. But alas, I'm just being Captain Obvious here, in stating the rub.

Remember that Booth has less applicants than its peer schools (Columbia and Wharton).
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
justship wrote:
EBSIFounder wrote:
Did anyone that went complete after 1/26 get an interview invite? I can't seem to find a single person, please correct me if I am wrong?

Haven't seen any. Then again, it's been fewer than 10 business days since then, and then that blizzard hit, so I do think Booth will be issuing invites up until the 2/16 deadline.

I believe someone yesterday got an invite that went complete 1/29
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
duykhiem wrote:
got my invite today like everyone else that got one today at 9.05 CST
(for those who are keeping track - I think it has no correlation)
- submit 01/04
- received 01/20
- complete 01/29
- invite 02/07

no interviewers in my country, does anyone know if booth offers interviews over skype and whether there are disadvantages to that (other than being interviewed by adcom vs alumnis - thats my biggest issue). Thanks!

here's their post
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mine went complete on Jan. 21.
Still waiting for interview invite. It's been almost three weeks...Anxiety piling up... :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
ringa wrote:
maidinindya2 wrote:
Sorry, just realized the fine print at the top saying that applicants interviewing in India should contact the coordinator in order to schedule :) I guess there's a lot to be said for reading an email thoroughly :)

Can someone who has interviewed in India share how it works? Thanks in advance.

You send an email to the person concerned. She matches you to an alumnus and CCs him/her on a reply to your email. You then coordinate with the alumnus, agree upon a time and report these details back to the interviewer coordinator. She enters the information in the online application and you get a notification saying you have agreed to interview with Mr./Ms. XYZ on blah day. You do the interview and the alum is supposed to send the report within 48 hours. However, unlike other schools, you don't know when he sends it in or when they receive it because your status does not change until the final decision. Hope this helps! Good luck, everyone in R2!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Booth interviews ~50%and I dont have an invite. Reapplicants - any luck? There was one in this thread ????
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Consulting
Send PM
Long time lurker from Asia.
I submitted application end of Dec, and I completed alumni interview last Tuesday.
I wanted to know from people who had alumni interview exprience if you status changed on the interview scheduling page.

For me, under "Interview Schedule" section, my status is still "In Progress".

Is this normal?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
I suggest you to relax a bit, 1 day is nothing. If the status is in progress the next week then contact the school.

My status was in progress for 2-3 weeks after the interview... I ended contacting them and my interviewer had forgotten to send the report.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  112   113   114   115   116  ...  185   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts