Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 03:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2011, 03:21
Perhaps a more pertinent question: what were the two deposit deadlines for students admitted off the waiting list in early June? Did you need to pay both deposits within two weeks from the offer? If that's the case there may be some spots freed up this week if some people declined

I also understand 2nd deposits for admitted round 3 applicants are due by Friday 1 July so there may be some further activity post the 4th of July holiday.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
WE: Other (Insurance)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 45

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2011, 07:07
Intlapp13 wrote:
Perhaps a more pertinent question: what were the two deposit deadlines for students admitted off the waiting list in early June? Did you need to pay both deposits within two weeks from the offer? If that's the case there may be some spots freed up this week if some people declined

I also understand 2nd deposits for admitted round 3 applicants are due by Friday 1 July so there may be some further activity post the 4th of July holiday.

I heard July 3rd.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg (2Y - Waitlisted), Anderson(ADMITTED),UCI(ADMITTED with $$$), Booth R2 ADMITTED)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [2] , given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2011, 22:27
This post received
KUDOS
The long wait finally paid off!!

I got THE admit calll from Booth this afternoon. Very excited!!!!!!
Indian applicant (living in CA,US)

Cant wait to move to Chicago!!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 8

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2011, 01:52
WithHopesToWin wrote:

Congrats!! I can only imagine how good it must feel. Enjoy.
Manager
Manager

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2011, 02:03
WithHopesToWin wrote:

Hey do you mind sharing your background/Work Ex etc.? If you've sent any updates recently or if you did anything at all from the time being waitlisted to yesterday.
Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg (2Y - Waitlisted), Anderson(ADMITTED),UCI(ADMITTED with $$$), Booth R2 ADMITTED)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2011, 10:01
sure, I have around 6 years exp in IT software and 2+ years as startup entrepreneur. I am a R2 applicant. I have worked with a Booth Alum and so, requested him to send a letter of support after the waitlist! I believe that helped!! Also, I responded to the recent email expressing my continued interest in the program!!
Manager
Manager

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2011, 18:28
WithHopesToWin wrote:
sure, I have around 6 years exp in IT software and 2+ years as startup entrepreneur. I am a R2 applicant. I have worked with a Booth Alum and so, requested him to send a letter of support after the waitlist! I believe that helped!! Also, I responded to the recent email expressing my continued interest in the program!!

Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your time in Chicago.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2011, 01:06
Do international students still have time to process a visa even if they get positive news now???
I really never expected things to turn out this way; this has been the most punishing, excruciating wait I've ever had to endure in my life.

Not until the FAT lady sings....

Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2011, 11:24
PETERPANPANPAN wrote:
Do international students still have time to process a visa even if they get positive news now???
I really never expected things to turn out this way; this has been the most punishing, excruciating wait I've ever had to endure in my life.

I remember reading that they will consider international applicants through early/mid July due to visa process requirements. Maybe July 1st, but not 100% sure. Check the waitlist FAQ.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2011, 03:58
The silence before the storm...My guess is there may be another wave of dings (primarily) and a few acceptances coming this week given last week's 2nd deposit deadline for round 3 applicants. I would think that at this stage they would try and trim the waitlist at least. It seems that last year there was a wave of dings in late June.

On the other hand, there may well be no movement at this stage as it all really depends on other programmes' waitlists. People who paid the first deposit already in Round 3 would still pay the second unless they hear back from elsewhere. Perhaps we might see some more movement post the 18th by which time Wharton is meant to revert to all waitlisted candidates. Although I understand that Wharton's is a rolling process so they may revert to all prior to that date making it more murky. Who knows...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Other)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2011, 08:23
Has anyone heard anything at all from Booth?

I see that WithHopesToWin was admitted on the 21st but I haven't heard anything since that email on June 6th the day all those people were admitted. Does anyone have any idea if anyone at all has been denied from the waitlist yet?
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2011, 10:42
I have heard nothing.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2011, 08:30
Did anyone respond to the early June e-mail suggesting they would need a response to the waitlist status by late June/early July? Not sure what to make of the absolute silence...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 07:10
Ding! Fries are done...

Stats: R3, median GMAT/GPA, CS @ Public Ivy, 3yrs software in energy trading

/just started following thread < 3 weeks ago or I would've been active sooner...PROMISE!
//Good Luck!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 07:15
clifbar wrote:
Ding! Fries are done...

/just started following thread < 3 weeks ago or I would've been active sooner...PROMISE!
//Good Luck!

Sorry to hear! Did you get the email this morning? I haven't heard anything yet.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 07:29
Jerseygirl2011 wrote:
Sorry to hear! Did you get the email this morning? I haven't heard anything yet.
Yes, another 9:05 special.
Manager
Manager

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 07:32
clifbar wrote:
Ding! Fries are done...

//Good Luck!

Did you happen to respond to Booth's earlier email about how long you would like to sit on the WL.

I haven't heard anything either. I would imagine if you haven't given a deadline to Booth, they might just keep you on the WL until the very end.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 07:36
pkatmi wrote:
Did you happen to respond to Booth's earlier email about how long you would like to sit on the WL.

I haven't heard anything either. I would imagine if you haven't given a deadline to Booth, they might just keep you on the WL until the very end.

I didn't set a deadline.
Manager
Manager

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 07:53
clifbar wrote:
I didn't set a deadline.

Interesting .. I guess then there's another round of dings coming. Brace yourselves :)
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2011, 09:01
pkatmi wrote:
clifbar wrote:
I didn't set a deadline.

Interesting .. I guess then there's another round of dings coming. Brace yourselves :)

honestly the possibility of anyone getting thru at this time is negligible... so we all know what our fate is heart-of-heart. It's hope that we were banking on for a very long time and this was inevitable sooner or later!
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!   [#permalink] 13 Jul 2011, 09:01