Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 08:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2009
Posts: 376
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 04:58
Hey everyone,
There's one thing I'm curious about. Did everyone get their interview decision at 9:05 Chicago time, or did anyone get it at a random time in the day?
Also, I'm a bit confused about the "complete" vs "invited to interview" status - I thought we'd get an email saying that it would stay "invited to interview" until the decision date, but some people are saying it's gone complete. Is complete that they've already completed their fourth read/discussion of your application, or is it just that they've reprinted the file with the interviewer feedback?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 246
Schools: Stern '13
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 05:31
osbornecox wrote:
Hey everyone,
There's one thing I'm curious about. Did everyone get their interview decision at 9:05 Chicago time, or did anyone get it at a random time in the day?
Also, I'm a bit confused about the "complete" vs "invited to interview" status - I thought we'd get an email saying that it would stay "invited to interview" until the decision date, but some people are saying it's gone complete. Is complete that they've already completed their fourth read/discussion of your application, or is it just that they've reprinted the file with the interviewer feedback?


1) Everyone received their invites on or around 9:05 AM (some could have received it a little later due to their email servers being slow).

2) There are two statuses when you log in. One is your general application status, that stays as "invited to interview" until you get your final decision. There's also another status that you can see once you click your existing interview schedule, which shows whether the interview is scheduled, in progress, or complete. The latter status is what people have been talking about. Complete interview status means your interviewer submitted his/her report.

I hope this clears it up.
_________________

Like the response? Kudos it!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2009
Posts: 376
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 05:51
cwhs wrote:
osbornecox wrote:
Hey everyone,
There's one thing I'm curious about. Did everyone get their interview decision at 9:05 Chicago time, or did anyone get it at a random time in the day?
Also, I'm a bit confused about the "complete" vs "invited to interview" status - I thought we'd get an email saying that it would stay "invited to interview" until the decision date, but some people are saying it's gone complete. Is complete that they've already completed their fourth read/discussion of your application, or is it just that they've reprinted the file with the interviewer feedback?


1) Everyone received their invites on or around 9:05 AM (some could have received it a little later due to their email servers being slow).

2) There are two statuses when you log in. One is your general application status, that stays as "invited to interview" until you get your final decision. There's also another status that you can see once you click your existing interview schedule, which shows whether the interview is scheduled, in progress, or complete. The latter status is what people have been talking about. Complete interview status means your interviewer submitted his/her report.

I hope this clears it up.


Yes it does!
1) Thanks! My work computer and my home computer are set on different times (blame my work computer) so for some reason I thought I had gotten it at a different hour.
2) Okay, I've gone complete. There's no time stamp on it, right? No way to know what day the interviewer did it? (It was very quick!)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2009
Posts: 38
Schools: Col ED, Booth, NYU
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 06:17
Just completed my off-campus interview last night. It was very relaxed, maybe too relaxed. She was a recent alum and she was very friendly but we didn't really click since our backgrounds were so different. Mostly typical questions.

Walk me through your resume.
Asked a leadership question about a specific part of my resume.
What is your leadership style?
Why career switch?
Why Booth?
What extracurricular activities are you involved in?

Then I asked her questions about her experience at Booth. It was very quick, about 30 minutes. It definitely felt like a "dead meat" interview. I wasn't as crisp as I would have liked to have been since I spent so much time preparing for weird behavioural questions.

Oh well, as part of the "Just in case" interview cohort, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a waitlist status update on December 15!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2009
Posts: 376
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 06:39
StevenFaulkner wrote:
Just completed my off-campus interview last night. It was very relaxed, maybe too relaxed. She was a recent alum and she was very friendly but we didn't really click since our backgrounds were so different. Mostly typical questions.

Walk me through your resume.
Asked a leadership question about a specific part of my resume.
What is your leadership style?
Why career switch?
Why Booth?
What extracurricular activities are you involved in?

Then I asked her questions about her experience at Booth. It was very quick, about 30 minutes. It definitely felt like a "dead meat" interview. I wasn't as crisp as I would have liked to have been since I spent so much time preparing for weird behavioural questions.

Oh well, as part of the "Just in case" interview cohort, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a waitlist status update on December 15!!


Hey man, it ain't over till it's over! The was a recent alumna and you're unlikely to be dead meat if the interviewer isn't already feeling the saturation. I had virtually nothing in common with my interviewer in terms of background but I walked away from that way better than I felt from one of my other interviewers. And this year I doubt there's much of a "just in case" thing because a lot of people didn't go under review until quite late. Hang in there!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2009
Posts: 38
Schools: Col ED, Booth, NYU
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 07:13
osbornecox wrote:
Hey man, it ain't over till it's over! The was a recent alumna and you're unlikely to be dead meat if the interviewer isn't already feeling the saturation. I had virtually nothing in common with my interviewer in terms of background but I walked away from that way better than I felt from one of my other interviewers. And this year I doubt there's much of a "just in case" thing because a lot of people didn't go under review until quite late. Hang in there!


Heh. I wish I could share your optimism osborne. Oh wait, I can. I am very optimistic about your chances at Booth.

Seriously though, if I make it in, the first one is on me. And I'm a very cheap man, so that says something. =D
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 246
Schools: Stern '13
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 07:20
Ya never know.
_________________

Like the response? Kudos it!

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2010
Posts: 53
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 07:37
JustAnotherIndian wrote:
I had my interview on-campus with an alum on Saturday. It was a very relaxed and conversational interview. We went through the usual "walk me through your resume", "why an MBA?", and "Why Booth" kind of questions. We also discussed at length my work profile because of how uncommon it is. Finally, I asked him about his experiences at Booth. I thought I did well, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Which leads me to ask, do we know if they are going to be calling admitted applicant before the 15th or will all decisions be sent out only on the 15th?


Hi JustAnotherIndian, did you get a reply to the thank you note?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 459
Location: Spain
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 265 [0], given: 151

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 07:47
in case someone is in the same situation, my interview status is still "In Progress" even if my interview was 2 weeks ago. Fortunately I realized that and I contacted the school. They confirmed that my interviewer hasn't sent the report yet (he forgot maybe?), and they have contacted him.
Not sure what he is going to remember after 2 weeks....
_________________

Club-MBA - Comunidad MBA en español | Mi Blog "Mi MBA en Chicago Booth"

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 08:06
anytimeuneed wrote:
JustAnotherIndian wrote:
I had my interview on-campus with an alum on Saturday. It was a very relaxed and conversational interview. We went through the usual "walk me through your resume", "why an MBA?", and "Why Booth" kind of questions. We also discussed at length my work profile because of how uncommon it is. Finally, I asked him about his experiences at Booth. I thought I did well, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Which leads me to ask, do we know if they are going to be calling admitted applicant before the 15th or will all decisions be sent out only on the 15th?


Hi JustAnotherIndian, did you get a reply to the thank you note?


Yes, I did. He asked me to go ahead and shoot him questions if I wanted. I don't really know what to ask him though :P
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2010
Posts: 53
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 08:12
MBABound11 wrote:
I interviewed earlier this week and it still reads invite to interview. Av when did your status change?


I called the Adcom, they told me that the decision does not change from "Invite for Interview" till Decision date. The next status after "Invite for Interview" is Reject or Admit. Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2010
Posts: 53
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 08:14
JustAnotherIndian wrote:
anytimeuneed wrote:
JustAnotherIndian wrote:
I had my interview on-campus with an alum on Saturday. It was a very relaxed and conversational interview. We went through the usual "walk me through your resume", "why an MBA?", and "Why Booth" kind of questions. We also discussed at length my work profile because of how uncommon it is. Finally, I asked him about his experiences at Booth. I thought I did well, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Which leads me to ask, do we know if they are going to be calling admitted applicant before the 15th or will all decisions be sent out only on the 15th?


Hi JustAnotherIndian, did you get a reply to the thank you note?


Yes, I did. He asked me to go ahead and shoot him questions if I wanted. I don't really know what to ask him though :P


JustAnotherIndian --> Thanks for the reply. Did he wish you luck for your bschool application? Did he wish you luck in general?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2010
Posts: 108
Schools: MIT Sloan Class of 2013
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 104

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 08:17
anytimeuneed wrote:
MBABound11 wrote:
I interviewed earlier this week and it still reads invite to interview. Av when did your status change?


I called the Adcom, they told me that the decision does not change from "Invite for Interview" till Decision date. The next status after "Invite for Interview" is Reject or Admit. Hope this helps.


You forgot waitlist.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 08:34
anytimeuneed wrote:
JustAnotherIndian wrote:
anytimeuneed wrote:

Hi JustAnotherIndian, did you get a reply to the thank you note?


Yes, I did. He asked me to go ahead and shoot him questions if I wanted. I don't really know what to ask him though :P


JustAnotherIndian --> Thanks for the reply. Did he wish you luck for your bschool application? Did he wish you luck in general?


He just said "Best of luck in this process"
I'm guessing the interviewer doesn't know if the person will get in or not.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 159
Schools: Booth R1 (WL), NYU R1 (WL), Kellogg JD/MBA R2, Tepper R2, Ross R2 (admit)
WE 1: Mortgage
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 08:35
Mine wished me a Happy Thanksgiving in his reply. That means I'm totally in!!!!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 May 2010
Posts: 28
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.74
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 08:36
rid82 wrote:
in case someone is in the same situation, my interview status is still "In Progress" even if my interview was 2 weeks ago. Fortunately I realized that and I contacted the school. They confirmed that my interviewer hasn't sent the report yet (he forgot maybe?), and they have contacted him.
Not sure what he is going to remember after 2 weeks....



I'm in the exact same position (In Progress). It's a little nerve racking. I don't even remember exactly what I answered. Did they contact him before you called or do you think I should also contact admissions?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 May 2010
Posts: 28
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.74
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 08:37
wmcrockett wrote:
Mine wished me a Happy Thanksgiving in his reply. That means I'm totally in!!!!!


I'm pretty sure that's actually code for Full Ride! Congrats! :-D
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 246
Schools: Stern '13
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 09:14
sausagenpeppers wrote:
rid82 wrote:
in case someone is in the same situation, my interview status is still "In Progress" even if my interview was 2 weeks ago. Fortunately I realized that and I contacted the school. They confirmed that my interviewer hasn't sent the report yet (he forgot maybe?), and they have contacted him.
Not sure what he is going to remember after 2 weeks....



I'm in the exact same position (In Progress). It's a little nerve racking. I don't even remember exactly what I answered. Did they contact him before you called or do you think I should also contact admissions?


I was In Progress until yesterday, then the status changed once the interviewer submitted his report. It took about 10 days or so, but he was having some technical difficulties in between, which he was kind enough to let me know of.
_________________

Like the response? Kudos it!

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 256

Kudos [?]: 1577 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 10:04
atish wrote:
Just got a call from the Admissions Director at Booth.
I have been accepted into the Evening MBA program for summer 2011.
I was surprised to get an admission decision in less thank a week.
Wow I am excited, Booth was the only school I applied to and was accepted.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

Thanks,
Atish


Do your research before attending. PT != FT. You probably know that but just in case.....
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 246
Schools: Stern '13
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 16

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2010, 10:08
rhyme wrote:
atish wrote:
Just got a call from the Admissions Director at Booth.
I have been accepted into the Evening MBA program for summer 2011.
I was surprised to get an admission decision in less thank a week.
Wow I am excited, Booth was the only school I applied to and was accepted.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

Thanks,
Atish


Do your research before attending. PT != FT. You probably know that but just in case.....


You have HHonors Diamond as an affiliation? Makes two of us -- I have enough points to spend 15 days at a level 6. Was that affiliation included in your application? :)
_________________

Like the response? Kudos it!

Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!   [#permalink] 23 Nov 2010, 10:08
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
699 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! staind 3692 07 Jul 2010, 17:48
369 Experts publish their posts in the topic Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants PTK 2319 08 Jul 2011, 07:07
220 Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! lawgonebusiness 3965 16 May 2010, 06:56
332 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Ross 2011 applicants! lagsantiago 3678 10 May 2010, 06:59
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  38   39   40   41   42  ...  185    Next  [ 3693 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.