Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 18:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 20:33
abouttime wrote:
inclinedplatform wrote:
got my interview scheduled for 11th November, 11:30 AM EST :)


Hi inclined, how did it go?
Could you please share your experience?



Already posted ! Flip a couple of pages to see my interview post.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 20:35
chichipucca wrote:
It looks like Tepper sends out interview invites without even looking at your application package completely and 70% of the applicants recieve interviews.

So for those who haven't recieved invites yet, just sit back and relax.

I submitted mine on Nov. 01, received inviation one one week after. Have scheduled for a campus visit on 23rd.

GMAT 750/6.0
WE: 4.5 years till 2011 Fall
Graduate GPA: 3.64

Have been tortured by the waiting for Yale and Johnson so I wasn't gonna report my Tepper status. But then I figured it might be helpful for some people.

Good luck to us all.


Wow ? I 'thought' the last date for R1 was 25th Oct. Here you say you submitted your app on 1st Nov, got an invite the next week and have you interview (which I assume would be part of your campus visit) on 23rd !

Are they counting you for R1 ? Or am I missing something ? :?:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 23
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 20:52
inclinedplatform wrote:
chichipucca wrote:
It looks like Tepper sends out interview invites without even looking at your application package completely and 70% of the applicants recieve interviews.

So for those who haven't recieved invites yet, just sit back and relax.

I submitted mine on Nov. 01, received inviation one one week after. Have scheduled for a campus visit on 23rd.

GMAT 750/6.0
WE: 4.5 years till 2011 Fall
Graduate GPA: 3.64

Have been tortured by the waiting for Yale and Johnson so I wasn't gonna report my Tepper status. But then I figured it might be helpful for some people.

Good luck to us all.


Wow ? I 'thought' the last date for R1 was 25th Oct. Here you say you submitted your app on 1st Nov, got an invite the next week and have you interview (which I assume would be part of your campus visit) on 23rd !

Are they counting you for R1 ? Or am I missing something ? :?:



That's why I don't think they read the application packages carefully before extending invitations. It looks like the invitations are sent on a rolling basis and pretty much every applicant gets invited.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 317
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 20:54
Submitted my application on October 25. Application status still reads "Application Submitted" haven't change. Is anyone in the same boat? I am an international applicant.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 23
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 21:23
priyank1201 wrote:
I am a R1 applicant and haven't received interview invite yet....wat does that means...there is still hope or all R1 applicants have been invited ?


You never know what order they take to review applications. So hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 35
Location: WWW
Schools: Tepper, ISB, McCombs, Emory, Duke, NUS
WE 1: SAP consulting
WE 2: Business Development Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 22:17
My Application status: "Stage 3: Under review..."

No interview invite for me yet. :?

It seems CMU is not strictly adhering to the published deadlines.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2010
Posts: 38
Location: India
Schools: Tuck, Kellogg, Tepper
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2010, 09:16
Has anybody from India received an interview call?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 22
Location: Gurgaon, India
Schools: Insead, Ross, Kellogg, Tepper, Tuck, ISB
WE 1: 3.5 years I.T
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2010, 09:27
Hi Guys,

I m done with my interview today with Krystal brooks. It lasted for 30 mins. These were the questions:
acads and professional life?
job responsibilities and normal work day?
why mba? why now?
short term and long term goals?
why tepper?
leadership experience?
how will u contribute to community?
biggest strength and weakness in ur application?
any questions for me?

About my profile:
GMAT 760/6.0
WE 3.5 years/IT
Indian/Male

HTH
Amber
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 05:17
passion4ivymba wrote:
Has anybody from India received an interview call?



I have ! I am from Delhi. Gave my interview on 11th November. You can read about it in my post a couple of pages back.

Last edited by inclinedplatform on 19 Nov 2010, 05:41, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 05:20
amb2512 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I m done with my interview today with Krystal brooks. It lasted for 30 mins. These were the questions:
acads and professional life?
job responsibilities and normal work day?
why mba? why now?
short term and long term goals?
why tepper?
leadership experience?
how will u contribute to community?
biggest strength and weakness in ur application?
any questions for me?

About my profile:
GMAT 760/6.0
WE 3.5 years/IT
Indian/Male

HTH
Amber



I guess Krystal asks similar questions to everybody . My list was more or less the same too.
Lets sit back and pray now :)

Amber you from India ?
If yes, I believe a lot of Indians have got invites from Tepper. I also know a couple of my friends who have got 'em.
Hope that answers your question, passion4ivymba.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 May 2009
Posts: 317
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 06:16
inclinedplatform wrote:
amb2512 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I m done with my interview today with Krystal brooks. It lasted for 30 mins. These were the questions:
acads and professional life?
job responsibilities and normal work day?
why mba? why now?
short term and long term goals?
why tepper?
leadership experience?
how will u contribute to community?
biggest strength and weakness in ur application?
any questions for me?

About my profile:
GMAT 760/6.0
WE 3.5 years/IT
Indian/Male

HTH
Amber



I guess Krystal asks similar questions to everybody . My list was more or less the same too.
Lets sit back and pray now :)

Amber you from India ?
If yes, I believe a lot of Indians have got invites from Tepper. I also know a couple of my friends who have got 'em.
Hope that answers your question, passion4ivymba.


when did you guys submit your applications?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 07:29
I did on 24th Oct.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 23
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 07:49
What kind of clothes should I wear for an on-campus interview? I will have the interview tomorrow as well as a campus tour and lunch with current students. I plan to wear a white shirt and a black pencil skirt with a coat which I can take off indoor. Is it too formal?
Current Student
User avatar
Status: What's your raashee?
Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Posts: 1847
Location: United States (NC)
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 52

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 07:52
chichipucca wrote:
What kind of clothes should I wear for an on-campus interview? I will have the interview tomorrow as well as a campus tour and lunch with current students. I plan to wear a white shirt and a black pencil skirt with a coat which I can take off indoor. Is it too formal?


probably best be pant suit while shirt and matching suit.
_________________

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 23
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 08:03
shaselai wrote:
chichipucca wrote:
What kind of clothes should I wear for an on-campus interview? I will have the interview tomorrow as well as a campus tour and lunch with current students. I plan to wear a white shirt and a black pencil skirt with a coat which I can take off indoor. Is it too formal?


probably best be pant suit while shirt and matching suit.



I will sit in one class too. Is wearing suit in class weird?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 08:17
It won't be weird because they will introduce you to the class at the beginning and everyone will know you're interviewing.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: What's your raashee?
Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Posts: 1847
Location: United States (NC)
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 52

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 08:42
chichipucca wrote:
shaselai wrote:
chichipucca wrote:
What kind of clothes should I wear for an on-campus interview? I will have the interview tomorrow as well as a campus tour and lunch with current students. I plan to wear a white shirt and a black pencil skirt with a coat which I can take off indoor. Is it too formal?


probably best be pant suit while shirt and matching suit.



I will sit in one class too. Is wearing suit in class weird?



no it wont. And it is better to be safe than sorry. When I was there for visit/interview there was this one girl who wore flannel and dress pants and i hope she didnt do interview as well the same day because that was a no no.

Also, did anyone else interview with Krystal Brooks and thought she tried to keep it under 30mins? That interview just not sitting well with me whenever I look back at it...
_________________

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 35
Location: WWW
Schools: Tepper, ISB, McCombs, Emory, Duke, NUS
WE 1: SAP consulting
WE 2: Business Development Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 09:01
No interview invite yet! Will all the "ding w/o interviews" also be notified on 20 Dec?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2010
Posts: 38
Location: India
Schools: Tuck, Kellogg, Tepper
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 09:08
so is it the end of interview calls for R1 applicants?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 23
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 09:13
No, it's not. They will continue to send out interviews.
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants   [#permalink] 22 Nov 2010, 09:13
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
56 Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants Pediasure 886 09 Sep 2010, 07:56
Experts publish their posts in the topic Tepper (CMU) MISM 2013 calling all applicants souvik101990 0 15 Feb 2013, 08:53
28 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! ankit0411 373 05 Oct 2012, 12:52
7 Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! aakashganga 194 30 Aug 2008, 16:35
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  45    Next  [ 887 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.