Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 08:10

Hurry Up:

Last day of registration for Dealing with a Ding - Webinar by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 261 [0], given: 86

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2010, 15:58
We've recently released another batch of business school guides. See the link below and share any information that you'd like to see listed in each guide.

Thanks!

Detailed Program Information: GMAT Club's CMU (Tepper) School Guide

Other Business School Guides
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: HEC Paris, , Tepper
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2010, 20:55
By the ways, I would recommend the admissions tip videos under the Admissions at Tepper website, for anyone who is applying to the school.

I watched all three of them (hope they keep up with the monthly pace and produces a lot more in future!), and they give you a clear idea of Tepper culture and admissions requirements.

Also, I found them useful to prepare for my interview. My interviewer was in one of the videos, and seeing her speak gave me a good grasp of her personality, style, etc., giving me a confidence to do the interview over the phone, without the visual cues.

Good luck!

If you like my post, a kudos is not expected but appreciated

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2010, 07:46
inclinedplatform wrote:
got my interview scheduled for 11th November, 11:30 AM EST :)

Hi inclined, how did it go?
Could you please share your experience?
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 190 [0], given: 52

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2010, 14:15
had my interview with krystal today... not sure how i felt... it was really short like 25mins if even that. She seemed to be in a hurry to make sure it falls under 30mins or something... she asked the typical quest like someone else posted - why mba/now/tepper, contribute/get from community, EC question and that was it! I asked her 6-7 questions myself but i ran out of questions to ask so that was it... I even asked a couple of questions i think i can probably find on their website to extend time because i felt it was so short... I did attend a class and that was pretty cool.... maybe I was spoiled with talking to alums for ~1hr interviews and perhaps the admins want to get to the point and keep time short... well 20th awaits.....

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Current Student
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2010, 14:21
Yeah interviews with adcoms are almost always on time. The may have someone waiting after you. They also don't want to favor anyone, if you had a longer interview that's like getting extra words in an essay. That said mine was over an hour but we were just bs ing

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2010, 14:34
yeah she was very key on time... she even said she wanted to keep her part short so i can ask questions... i guess hindsight I *could* have prolonged some answers but on certain parts she kinda asked me questions right away and i didn't get a chance to go back. Like she never asked my goals were and I had to "sneak it in" on why Tepper. Maybe she got pissed when I said I was happy my patriots beat her steelers :p

Intern
Intern
Schools: MIT Sloan, Michigan Ross, CMU Tepper, UT Austin - McCombs. OSU Fisher.
WE 1: 8 yrs

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2010, 15:56
Count me in for R1 ...

GMAT 690 (Q49 V35 AWA 5.0)
8yrs - Marine Engineer

Stage 3: Credentials Received - Appication Under Review by the Admissions Committee
Intern
Intern
WE 1: 7 Y

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 04:49
Has anyone received an interview call after your status changed to:

Stage 3: Credentials Received - Appication Under Review by the Admissions Committee
Current Student

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 07:33
^^^ Hmmm I got my call before that, at the time it said "application complete pending interview"
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tepper, ISB, McCombs, Emory, Duke, NUS
WE 1: SAP consulting
WE 2: Business Development Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 08:25
I guess the last date for sending out interview invites is 23rd Nov? :roll:

No invite for me yet.
Current Student

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 08:27
^^^ where did you see that?
link?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck, Kellogg, Tepper

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 09:29
kushagra452 wrote:

No invite for me yet.

from where did you get this info?
Intern
Intern
WE 1: 7 Y

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 09:32
passion4ivymba wrote:
kushagra452 wrote:

No invite for me yet.

from where did you get this info?

My 2 cents....

Tepper gives you 2-3 weeks to schedule and interview once you get an invite. The date for final accepted list is Dec 20th. So assuming they need at least a week to decide on the final list after they have completed all scheduled interviews.....Nov 23rd seems to be a possible last day for receiving interview calls.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 09:58
It looks like Tepper sends out interview invites without even looking at your application package completely and 70% of the applicants recieve interviews.

So for those who haven't recieved invites yet, just sit back and relax.

I submitted mine on Nov. 01, received inviation one one week after. Have scheduled for a campus visit on 23rd.

GMAT 750/6.0
WE: 4.5 years till 2011 Fall
Graduate GPA: 3.64

Have been tortured by the waiting for Yale and Johnson so I wasn't gonna report my Tepper status. But then I figured it might be helpful for some people.

Good luck to us all.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 11:47
shaselai wrote:
yeah she was very key on time... she even said she wanted to keep her part short so i can ask questions... i guess hindsight I *could* have prolonged some answers but on certain parts she kinda asked me questions right away and i didn't get a chance to go back. Like she never asked my goals were and I had to "sneak it in" on why Tepper. Maybe she got pissed when I said I was happy my patriots beat her steelers :p

You are in MA? I work in MA too and I went to the Stadium to attend a conference not long ago. I saw Patriots doing their training right there and their arms are bigger than my legs...
Current Student

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 11:55
nah i am originally from CT... got into football in my first workplace since everybody were playing FF.... since i was in ct i kinda stuck to patriots as my team... i am in upstate NY...

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 14:46
chichipucca wrote:
shaselai wrote:

You are in MA? I work in MA too and I went to the Stadium to attend a conference not long ago. I saw Patriots doing their training right there and their arms are bigger than my legs...

Huh, 70 % sounds a high percentage. I guess as many other schools, Tepper accepts around 50 % of whom they interviewed, then?

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 16:44
yeah. Last year they interviewed 65% of the applicants and admitted 27% of the applicants
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 20:08
I am a R1 applicant and haven't received interview invite yet....wat does that means...there is still hope or all R1 applicants have been invited ?
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2010, 20:15
chichipucca wrote:
yeah. Last year they interviewed 65% of the applicants and admitted 27% of the applicants

Wait...that does not quite match:

0.65x0.5 = 0.325 -> 32.5 %, too many accepted

If they do interview 70 % of all the applicants, it's mote like they accept only 40 % of all interviewed (0.7x0.4 =0.28, which closely matches the 27 %).

This is a slight increase of my already great pain in this waiting game, since this information means that Tepper is less selective in the first stage (e.g. choosing whom to interview) than other schools. More people will be axed on the Dec 20th - unless - I was hoping - if Tepper accepts a higher percentage of applicant during the first round, than their overall acceptance rate?

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants   [#permalink] 17 Nov 2010, 20:15