Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 08:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 1

Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2010, 07:56
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Essay Questions
A.What are your short-term and long-term goals? How will a Tepper MBA help you to achieve these goals. (Please include any information regarding what steps you have taken to learn more about the Tepper School.)

B. The Tepper School’s culture relies on all members to be active contributors to our community. With your values, experiences, and interests, how will you make a unique contribution to the Tepper community? Your examples may include: classroom interaction, student activities, career development, community service, etc.

C. Please answer two of the following three questions or statements. Please clearly specify which questions you are answering. Your two answers should equal a total of two pages or less.
1.Describe an obstacle you have faced in your professional or academic life. How did you overcome this obstacle and how did it foster your development?
2. Describe a time in which your ethics were challenged. How did you deal with the situation and what did you learn from it?
3. One thing people would be surprised to know about me is . . .

D. Is there anything additional that you think we should know as we evaluate your application? Note: if you believe your credentials and essays represent you fairly, you should not feel obligated to answer this question. This essay is intended to provide a place for you to add information that you think is important but is not covered elsewhere in the application.
4 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: HEC Paris, , Tepper
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 29 [4] , given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 21:13
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys,

To redirect my frustration of waiting, I complied a much-anticipated rolls call.

Does anyone know how to append info to the first page of this thread? I tried to "reply" to the first post of this thread, but it seems to get attached to the last page of the thread.

I know that I am digging my own grave when I cross over my name as dinged on Dec 20th..but hope that the list helps others to gain some informative insight into Tepper admissions trends.

My apologies and please let me know if you find misinformation and missing names in the list. I did not add a name unless there was a specific mention about applying to a specific round.

Here we go:

Round 1 (October 25th, decision release December 20)
Snottgoblin
Pediasure
Class2012
Ludacrispat26 (interviewed)
Jordanhendrix (interviewed)
Almostfamous (interviewed)
Shaselai (interview invited)
Spartan2011
730i
avbhagav
petervella (interviewed)
risin1phoenix (interviewed)
kalyanfires
nets (interviewed)
inclinedplatform (interviewed)
iZaku (interviewed)
kushagra452
akshayram86 (interviewed)
harpua357 (self-initiated interview)
anillovesu
wonder12
seemak
rangerp (interviewed)
kc1907
chichipucca
priyank1201
acer2knight
amb2512 (interviewed)
randompattern (interviewed)
adimaniac
kegewe (interviewed)

Round 2 (January 3rd, decision release March 14)
Shekharvineet
MatGMAT7
Vixer
Fbardolph
Cmv
Amr090

Round 3 (March 7th, decision release April 29th)

Round 4 (April 25th, decision release May 27)

Attachments

tepper_rounds_call.docx [54.35 KiB]
Downloaded 34 times

To download please login or register as a user

If you like my post, a kudos is not expected but appreciated

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 18 [2] , given: 4

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 09:42
This post received
KUDOS
fbardolph wrote:
Is anyone a US resident who's requesting a Skype interview? They seem pretty heavy handed about wanting you to visit in the email. I lack the time or ca$h to make it back east this winter. Can anyone commiserate?

Tepper really strives to create a good community in its MBA program, so they want to make sure you have the desire to be there. I think one way they gauge that is whether or not you go out there for the interview. I live in Chicago, traveled out for an on campus interview, and was admitted R1 with some money. I guess what I'm saying is, really try to go on campus for the interview.
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Tepper Class of 2013

Kudos [?]: 17 [2] , given: 24

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2011, 09:54
This post received
KUDOS
indtous wrote:
I got an interview invite and am plannign to visit the campus. I wanted to know if anybody could tell me about the nearest hotel. I have just shifted to US and dont drive and so will liek to know of a place which is nearest to the campus and from where I can get a cab. Does anyone have any info?

The Holiday Inn University Center is nearby, and has a hotel shuttle that can bring you to campus. There is also an airport bus that stops near campus and near the hotel, if you don't want to take a cab. It's $2.75 (but you need exact change).

When are you going to be there? Maybe we all should compare dates to see if there can be GMATClubber meetings, car pools, etc.
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 18 [2] , given: 4

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2011, 17:38
This post received
KUDOS
Codename47 wrote:
A request to Interview goers!
Kindly share your interview experience.

Name of the Interviewer -
Duration of Interview -
Questions Asked-
Overall comfort level -
Advise to future Interview Goers -

Thanks! :)

I interviewed in early November, so it's been a while, but here's my quick summary. I interviewed with Krystal Brooks. She was very nice and easy to talk to. I don't recall many specifics being that the interview was months ago, but there was nothing asked that I didn't expect. I walked her through my resume and she asked the standard questions like why an MBA, why Tepper, and why now. She had read everything in my application but said I could re-use examples from my essays if I wanted. There weren't any interviews after mine, so I had a lot of time to ask questions at the end. I think we talked for about an hour total. Overall, I'd say don't get too worked up about it. This was the most relaxed b-school interview I had. Good luck!
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: HEC Paris, , Tepper
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 29 [2] , given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2011, 22:55
This post received
KUDOS
A R1 admit here.

Tepper has followed up us very well. The school should SERIOUSLY consider promoting its tight-knit community a bit more. For example, in Japan R1 admits are invited for alum receptions. On the admitted students' facebook (exactly 150 have registered by today), I can see that these invitations have been sent not only to admits in Japan but also to U.S. admits, as similar receptions are held in various U.S. locations (Chicago, NYC etc.)

The reception in Japan is on March 10th, will update you guys afterwards.

Right after the admission, I was also contacted by the current Japanese students at Tepper. They offered me opportunities to further learn about the program.

I have received great insider perspectives that I had not been able to find anywhere else. I translated these into English, to share them with interested Clubbers as well (with my correspondent's approval).

These responses are detailed, so I attach them as a word document. Hope you find it useful.

Attachments

tepper.docx [120.97 KiB]
Downloaded 47 times

To download please login or register as a user

If you like my post, a kudos is not expected but appreciated

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [1] , given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2010, 04:38
This post received
KUDOS
Finally,a Tepper thread.

I'm a first year here.PM me if you need any help.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 194 [1] , given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 08:42
This post received
KUDOS
time to call...

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2010, 11:58
This post received
KUDOS
jordanhendrix wrote:
^^^^ just got those as well. CMU always send me two of every email

are you gonna do the int. request or wait for invite?

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 84 [1] , given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2010, 12:30
This post received
KUDOS
Not sure. What about you? Was thinking about waiting.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2010, 12:54
This post received
KUDOS
jordanhendrix wrote:
Not sure. What about you? Was thinking about waiting.

Posted from my mobile device Image

i prob gonna wait it out...

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2010, 19:43
This post received
KUDOS
Quote:
guys!! i submitted my app on 20th and the status still says submitted only!! Is it supposed to change to complete or something and no notification so far from Adcomm...

same for me! submitted on 20th and status says "submitted". Though in my case, one of my evaluators mistakenly thought he had submitted the reco, but hasn't. But I've 3 recommendations, so my application is complete since they have received the other two.

Any international students here who have been invited for interview?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
WE 1: 3

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2010, 00:07
This post received
KUDOS
Im in Guys...Submitted my applciation minutes before the deadline!!!
IM an international applicant..

Anyways, my message center now states status as "submitted". But how do I know if they recieved my gmat scores and all otehr materials on time..as a matter of fact..did they receive that or not??

Help guys

regards,
kalyan

Second cut is the deepest cut...hope the same applies for my GMAT prep :P

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2010, 11:45
This post received
KUDOS
akshayram86 wrote:
Nets,

If you don't mind can you share your interview experience/questions? I have mine on the Nov 15th!

Sure.

I had a 50 minute on-campus interview and it was very relaxed. She (Adcom member) made me very comfortable with some initial chit chat.

There was nothing really out of the regular stuff, just the regular questions - walk through resume, why Mba, why Tepper, Teamwork experience, Leadership experience, Problems in teamwork situations, long and short term goals, weaknesses and strengths etc.

You will get all these questions at various online resources. My advice is just be yourself. Thats the best way to be passionate on the interview. Unlike some interviews, Tepper's is definitely not a stress one, so you can be very relaxed.

It really is hard to judge such interviews given the way they go well for everyone.

Best of luck for your interview, Try to have fun and it will be fun.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 11:40
This post received
KUDOS
gaga wrote:

How to give kudos for avatars?

you just click on the "+1 kudos" icon under the avatar

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS(R1), Stern (R1), Ross (R1), Tepper (R1), Johnson (R1), Fuqua (R1)
WE 1: Management Consulting
WE 2: Management Consulting
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 4

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 10:44
This post received
KUDOS
shaselai wrote:
mbaapp07 wrote:
Does anyone know what the deadline to commit is if we're admitted R1?

shaselai wrote:
just chill dude. 5 more days and you will know....

Whats your deal? Are you against people using the forum to answer questions?

shaselai wrote:
then you be a good citiczen and answer it for him. cheers bye

I would tell him the answer if I knew the answer... Unfortunatly I don't; that being said I wouldn't be rude about it either...

Last edited by sscrewcaptain on 15 Dec 2010, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 84 [1] , given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 12:20
This post received
KUDOS
everyone keep it cool. Fully understand the anxiety in this thread as we are all waiting for the 20th but lets keep it civil.

No more of topic stuff,

Thanks!

The date is most likely in March, after the admitted student weekend and around most other r1 schools deadlines...

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2010, 05:52
This post received
KUDOS
BlueRobin wrote:
Hey, one question
The Tepper essays state - Please clearly specify which questions you are answering.

Do we need to mention I am answering question No 1 or not necessary.

I always put the essay question in the beginning of my essays. But at least put a number like "Essay 1" or something if they ask to identify them

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2010, 09:10
This post received
KUDOS
BlueRobin wrote:
Hey, one question
The Tepper essays state - Please clearly specify which questions you are answering.

Do we need to mention I am answering question No 1 or not necessary.

This is the format I am using...

A. What are your short-term and long-term goals? How will a Tepper MBA help
you to achieve these goals. (Please include any information regarding what steps you
have taken to learn more about the Tepper School.)
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Tepper Class of 2012

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2010, 11:26
This post received
KUDOS
sscrewcaptain wrote:
MBA42012 wrote:
I feel like I really shouldn't be on here, but I need to procrastinate with something...

Good luck everyone.

FYI - I received an email at 4:15 PM on 12/21 last year.

Does the email just tell you to log in to check your status or does it tell you whether you are in or not?

We could tell right away from the subject line of the email, and then there was a link.
Re: Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants   [#permalink] 20 Dec 2010, 11:26