Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 17:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 15

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2011, 09:47
ramana wrote:
LJ wrote:

That's interesting you've both been outstanding that long. Are you both international applicants? Whenever I spoke with the admissions office they always emphasized their rolling admissions process. Have you tried following up directly or received notification of being placed on the waitlist?

yeah, I am an international applicant. i contacted them directly and followed up my application process. They just informed me that results for R1 will be out soon before Jan 15 when i contacted them yesterday. No info regarding waitlist.

Yeah, So am I. I think the decision for most of people, positive, are out. Mine is under review :)
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2011, 10:52
Decision Status:

The Admissions Committee of the Simon Graduate School of Business is currently reviewing your application. Decisions are posted on a rolling basis, depending on the deadline when your application was completed:

If you have not received your admission decision by the date expected and your application was posted as complete, you may contact the Simon Admissions Office at (585) 275-3533 or admissions@simon.rochester.edu. We cannot provide interim updates on your application status.

Thank you for your interest and good luck in the application process!

Sincerely,

Rebekah S. Lewin
Executive Director of Admissions and Administration

Simon. Where Thinkers Become Leaders
Current Student
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 44

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2011, 12:38
ans wrote:
Decision Status:

The Admissions Committee of the Simon Graduate School of Business is currently reviewing your application. Decisions are posted on a rolling basis, depending on the deadline when your application was completed:

If you have not received your admission decision by the date expected and your application was posted as complete, you may contact the Simon Admissions Office at (585) 275-3533 or admissions@simon.rochester.edu. We cannot provide interim updates on your application status.

Thank you for your interest and good luck in the application process!

Sincerely,

Rebekah S. Lewin
Executive Director of Admissions and Administration

Simon. Where Thinkers Become Leaders

Good luck in the next week! And don't forget to post the outcome on the forum. I'm trying to keep the stats accurate.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2011, 17:54
The waiting is killing me!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2011, 23:55
The Wait is killing me too and on the top of it:

"Safari can’t open the page “http://www.simon.rochester.edu/programs/full-time-mba/admissions/check-your-admissions-status/index.aspx” because the server where this page is located isn’t responding."

Is there any problem in rochester area or they are uploading the results ??
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 02:37
ans wrote:
ramana wrote:
LJ wrote:

That's interesting you've both been outstanding that long. Are you both international applicants? Whenever I spoke with the admissions office they always emphasized their rolling admissions process. Have you tried following up directly or received notification of being placed on the waitlist?

yeah, I am an international applicant. i contacted them directly and followed up my application process. They just informed me that results for R1 will be out soon before Jan 15 when i contacted them yesterday. No info regarding waitlist.

Yeah, So am I. I think the decision for most of people, positive, are out. Mine is under review :)

yeah so do i, i am starting to feel really negative about rochester now.. I think they have contacted all the students they need to admit.. and unlike other universities they have not rejected or waitlisted any of the other candidates.. so they rest of us who have that generic message on our online application forms..

I'm pretty sure we are all either going to be waitlisted or rejected..
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: CMU (Tepper) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 740 Q V
GPA: 3.05
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 06:47
Prometheus59 wrote:
ans wrote:
ramana wrote:

yeah so do i, i am starting to feel really negative about rochester now.. I think they have contacted all the students they need to admit.. and unlike other universities they have not rejected or waitlisted any of the other candidates.. so they rest of us who have that generic message on our online application forms..

I don't think that makes sense. I'm a January round applicant, and that message appeared on mine just like all of yours. Two days later I got an interview request.

Speaking of which. It looks like I am going to be doing a Skype interview. Does anyone here have experience with that with Rochester?

* The opinions expressed here are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my school, the Tepper School of Business.

Current Student
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 44

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 07:03
vixer wrote:
Prometheus59 wrote:
ans wrote:

I don't think that makes sense. I'm a January round applicant, and that message appeared on mine just like all of yours. Two days later I got an interview request.

Speaking of which. It looks like I am going to be doing a Skype interview. Does anyone here have experience with that with Rochester?

The generic "under review" status seems to be used by all ApplyYourself schools, before and after the final decision. I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 08:11
^^
Before Admission is understandable ..how can your profile have the under review decision statusafter the final decision? :shock:

As far as I know that is the place where you check your final decision....@ the bottom of the page :shock:
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 09:04
did someone called the admission office regarding this? can they check if they are still sending out admits to Round one applicants?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kenan Flagler (R2-Interviewed - Ding), Tuck (R3 - Ding), UCLA (R2 - Ding), Haas (R3), Tepper (R2-Ding), McCombs (R2 - Ding w/o Interview), Simon (R2-Admit)
WE 1: 6

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 10:40
I have submitted my application on January 5th, got an invite for face-2-face interview today...
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 13:21
Quote:

exactly my point.. whats the advantage of applying in R1 ? R2 applicants are getting interview calls and i dont know where i stand with rochester.. Since i dont have a rejection, i can only extrapolate that my profile is being presently reviewed in comparison with the admitted class and i am on some sort of weird wait list..
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 17:32
Prometheus59 wrote:
Quote:

exactly my point.. whats the advantage of applying in R1 ? R2 applicants are getting interview calls and i dont know where i stand with rochester.. Since i dont have a rejection, i can only extrapolate that my profile is being presently reviewed in comparison with the admitted class and i am on some sort of weird wait list..

Same here. Getting really frustrated about Simon now. But not a lot people get admitted as I see. Simon is the lowest ranking school I applied. I am kind of losing faith now.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2011, 08:31
May be that is why most people apply in R2.

NOw Simon adcom have all the applications of R1, R2 and R3 @ Hand. So they can see and compare all the applicants of all the rounds, Only R 4 deadline that is March 15th is left, Waiting Game :))

Last edited by ans on 13 Jan 2011, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Simon
WE 1: JPM - Treasury

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 23

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2011, 09:50
This post received
KUDOS
Well, regardless of the prolonged wait if you applied before the R1 deadline you only have to wait two more days.

It seems pretty clearly divided between intl and domestic applicants regarding who has received a prompt response, so its possible they received a much higher ratio of intl applicants this year.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 11:25
Guys any updates for Round1 applicants?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 11:28
ramana wrote:

Nope. R u planning to call as tomorrow is saturday ... and I think soon before 15th Jan should be NOW!!
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 11:39
ans wrote:
ramana wrote:

Nope. R u planning to call as tomorrow is saturday ... and I think soon before 15th Jan should be NOW!!

I just did, they still ask me to look for the online portal for updates and that it should be updated by today.

did u try calling them?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 11:46
ramana wrote:
ans wrote:
ramana wrote:

I just did, they still ask me to look for the online portal for updates and that it should be updated by today.

did u try calling them?

I am planning to call them tomorrow ...
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2011, 22:44
I am wait listed.. any ideas of how i can proceed further?
Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants!   [#permalink] 14 Jan 2011, 22:44