Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 14:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 135
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 44

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2011, 13:55
rha wrote:
I just got a call and I'm in!

I won't even bother with my Simon application story - it's beyond random...


Congrats, rha. What is your profile?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2009
Posts: 63
Location: Pune
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2011, 14:36
rha wrote:
I just got a call and I'm in!

I won't even bother with my Simon application story - it's beyond random...


Thats awesome..
Congratulations...

If you dont mind, can you share your profile? International applicant?

Enjoy!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Dec 2010
Posts: 45
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2011, 15:52
29, M, California
650 GMAT
3.3 undergrad
advertising background, 7.5 yrs
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 54
Schools: Penn State (Admit and Matriculating), Simon (R3-WL), Rady (R2-Admit w/$), Merage (R2-Ding w/o Interview), Rutgers (R2-Admit)
WE 1: Photo USA
WE 2: ASUS Computer International
WE 3: Cavium Networks
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2011, 15:58
How long did it take from the date you interviewed, till the time you received your admittance?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 62
Schools: HBS (R2-Ding), Wharton (R2-Ding), MIT (R2-Ding), McCombs (R2-Accepted), Tuck (R2-WL), NYU (R2-WL)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2011, 20:35
I recieved a letter today from Simon that says I'm a premier candidate or something based on my GRE profile (which were rather low) -- I am a native New Yorker and am considering applying...thoughts?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2010
Posts: 47
Schools: Kenan Flagler (R2-Interviewed - Ding), Tuck (R3 - Ding), UCLA (R2 - Ding), Haas (R3), Tepper (R2-Ding), McCombs (R2 - Ding w/o Interview), Simon (R2-Admit)
WE 1: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2011, 22:50
C20 wrote:
I recieved a letter today from Simon that says I'm a premier candidate or something based on my GRE profile (which were rather low) -- I am a native New Yorker and am considering applying...thoughts?


I too received the letter. I am from India and applied in Jan round, was interviewed on Jan 30th and still waiting to hear back from Simon. Guess they send out the letter based on GMAT or GRE profile. As far as the school goes, it is small class with great community and good professors. I have talked to lots of students and got a great feeling.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2010
Posts: 19
Schools: Simon,Owen,Rotman,Kelley
WE 1: Technology services-Banking 4 yrs
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2011, 23:19
Has anyone received a ding so far from the school? I submitted my app on 4th jan, the status of the application was updated on 26th jan to complete,under reviw. Been more than a month since then and i havent heard anything on my application. The status is stillt he same. I know my chances are almost over considering students have already been interview and the admissions have been rolled out. So y isnt the school letting the guys know who didnt make it in the cut.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2010
Posts: 47
Schools: Kenan Flagler (R2-Interviewed - Ding), Tuck (R3 - Ding), UCLA (R2 - Ding), Haas (R3), Tepper (R2-Ding), McCombs (R2 - Ding w/o Interview), Simon (R2-Admit)
WE 1: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2011, 23:24
rajatkalia85 wrote:
Has anyone received a ding so far from the school? I submitted my app on 4th jan, the status of the application was updated on 26th jan to complete,under reviw. Been more than a month since then and i havent heard anything on my application. The status is stillt he same. I know my chances are almost over considering students have already been interview and the admissions have been rolled out. So y isnt the school letting the guys know who didnt make it in the cut.


I have been waiting for almost 5 weeks now since I had my interview on Jan 30th. Guess they have already informed applicants (already interviewed) they want to admit.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 54
Schools: Penn State (Admit and Matriculating), Simon (R3-WL), Rady (R2-Admit w/$), Merage (R2-Ding w/o Interview), Rutgers (R2-Admit)
WE 1: Photo USA
WE 2: ASUS Computer International
WE 3: Cavium Networks
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2011, 23:40
abhishekg82 wrote:
rajatkalia85 wrote:
Has anyone received a ding so far from the school? I submitted my app on 4th jan, the status of the application was updated on 26th jan to complete,under reviw. Been more than a month since then and i havent heard anything on my application. The status is stillt he same. I know my chances are almost over considering students have already been interview and the admissions have been rolled out. So y isnt the school letting the guys know who didnt make it in the cut.


I have been waiting for almost 5 weeks now since I had my interview on Jan 30th. Guess they have already informed applicants (already interviewed) they want to admit.

Likewise. I interviewed at the end of January and have been waiting since. I've already gotten admits from all my other schools, but I really want to go to Simon.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2010
Posts: 47
Schools: Kenan Flagler (R2-Interviewed - Ding), Tuck (R3 - Ding), UCLA (R2 - Ding), Haas (R3), Tepper (R2-Ding), McCombs (R2 - Ding w/o Interview), Simon (R2-Admit)
WE 1: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2011, 23:42
Tipsy wrote:
abhishekg82 wrote:
rajatkalia85 wrote:
Has anyone received a ding so far from the school? I submitted my app on 4th jan, the status of the application was updated on 26th jan to complete,under reviw. Been more than a month since then and i havent heard anything on my application. The status is stillt he same. I know my chances are almost over considering students have already been interview and the admissions have been rolled out. So y isnt the school letting the guys know who didnt make it in the cut.


I have been waiting for almost 5 weeks now since I had my interview on Jan 30th. Guess they have already informed applicants (already interviewed) they want to admit.

Likewise. I interviewed at the end of January and have been waiting since. I've already gotten admits from all my other schools, but I really want to go to Simon.


Where did you interview?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 54
Schools: Penn State (Admit and Matriculating), Simon (R3-WL), Rady (R2-Admit w/$), Merage (R2-Ding w/o Interview), Rutgers (R2-Admit)
WE 1: Photo USA
WE 2: ASUS Computer International
WE 3: Cavium Networks
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2011, 23:43
abhishekg82 wrote:
Where did you interview?

I flew from California to Rochester for their Open Interview Day, late January.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 135
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 44

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2011, 06:39
C20 wrote:
I recieved a letter today from Simon that says I'm a premier candidate or something based on my GRE profile (which were rather low) -- I am a native New Yorker and am considering applying...thoughts?


Hi C20.

I'm an incoming Simon MBA class of 2013 student. My entire Simon application began with the same letter. I followed up, and was surprised by how responsive and attentive the admission staff was/is. I would at least look into applying and speak with some current students to determine if the school is a fit.

If you have specific questions about my experience, feel free to private message me.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 135
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 44

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2011, 06:46
Tipsy wrote:
abhishekg82 wrote:
Where did you interview?

I flew from California to Rochester for their Open Interview Day, late January.


Just as a point of reference-

I submitted rather early, and heard close to the notification deadline. I think admissions likes to do their due diligence since they have a smaller incoming class.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 22
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2011, 23:04
Hi mba20thirteen,

When did you submit your application and when did you get an interview invite?

I had submitted my application on Jan 5th and got an interview invite today! So that's a looooooooooooooooong wait.

740, 4.5 WE, Indian IT Male.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2010
Posts: 19
Schools: Simon,Owen,Rotman,Kelley
WE 1: Technology services-Banking 4 yrs
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2011, 23:09
Sridhar123 wrote:
Hi mba20thirteen,

When did you submit your application and when did you get an interview invite?

I had submitted my application on Jan 5th and got an interview invite today! So that's a looooooooooooooooong wait.

740, 4.5 WE, Indian IT Male.


Hi Sridhar,

Even i submitted my application on the 4th of jan. I got an interview invite on 8th March. It was a long wait. I dont know what to make out of it. all the best with your interview.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 22
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2011, 23:13
Same to you mate! Let's give our best shot at it!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 135
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 44

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2011, 06:35
Sridhar123 wrote:
Hi mba20thirteen,

When did you submit your application and when did you get an interview invite?

I had submitted my application on Jan 5th and got an interview invite today! So that's a looooooooooooooooong wait.

740, 4.5 WE, Indian IT Male.


I went to the first open interview day, which -if I remember correctly- was in late October. I had submitted my application a couple of weeks before attending.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2010
Posts: 59
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2011, 09:31
Has any one deposited the 1500 USD amount?
Is that enough for a confirmation or we have to also submit official transcript?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 135
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 44

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2011, 13:13
iamwhoiam123 wrote:
Has any one deposited the 1500 USD amount?
Is that enough for a confirmation or we have to also submit official transcript?


I submitted my official transcripts. I would arrange to have them sent to cover all of your bases.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 28
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2011, 05:56
1
This post received
KUDOS
mba20thirteen wrote:
iamwhoiam123 wrote:
Has any one deposited the 1500 USD amount?
Is that enough for a confirmation or we have to also submit official transcript?


I submitted my official transcripts. I would arrange to have them sent to cover all of your bases.


I deposited the 1500 on the due date and I also sent my official transcripts.
Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants!   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2011, 05:56
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
52 Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! mba20thirteen 256 02 Aug 2010, 08:44
7 Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants mba20thirteen 91 16 Sep 2011, 13:18
1 Calling all Simon (Rochester) Fall 2010 applicants iwkcuts 34 23 Jan 2010, 17:29
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 257 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.