Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Nov 2014, 19:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2010, 16:47
1
This post received
KUDOS
I am a current Simon student, Class of 2012.

I just want to wish everyone luck in their application process. Have fun with it!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 47
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2010, 20:03
simonmba2012 wrote:
I am a current Simon student, Class of 2012.

I just want to wish everyone luck in their application process. Have fun with it!


Could you talk about the chance to get the scholarship at Simon for internationals? Thank you.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Posts: 77
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 15

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2010, 07:47
simonmba2012 wrote:
I am a current Simon student, Class of 2012.

I just want to wish everyone luck in their application process. Have fun with it!


Thanks!!

When will simon be releasing the final decisions for round 1 applicants ...

Thanks in advance ..
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2010
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2010, 08:59
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hey all, I was accepted for the MS program for 2011, good luck to everyone here!!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Posts: 77
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 15

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2010, 18:46
jags2899 wrote:
Hey all, I was accepted for the MS program for 2011, good luck to everyone here!!!


Congratulations!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2010
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2010, 18:47
Thanks and good luck!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 54
Schools: Penn State (Admit and Matriculating), Simon (R3-WL), Rady (R2-Admit w/$), Merage (R2-Ding w/o Interview), Rutgers (R2-Admit)
WE 1: Photo USA
WE 2: ASUS Computer International
WE 3: Cavium Networks
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2010, 20:59
Planning to apply to Simon. You think I have a shot with a 680 GMAT? 4.5 years of work experience.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2010, 22:55
Tipsy wrote:
Planning to apply to Simon. You think I have a shot with a 680 GMAT? 4.5 years of work experience.



680 is a respectable score. I think 4.5 years of work-ex will also gives you application an edge. You can shot at Harvard also with this score but what matters is how your resume, essays and interviews turn out. Work smart (and hard) on them and you should be out with flying colors :-D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 49
Schools: NYU Stern 2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 08:38
Has anyone signed up for Simon Open interview and would you mind sharing your experience? Thanks.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 135
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 44

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 09:00
nakakuki wrote:
Has anyone signed up for Simon Open interview and would you mind sharing your experience? Thanks.


Hi Nakakuki,

I attended the first Open Interview Day. It was very intimate and gave a full perspective of life at Simon. Be prepared with some questions to ask admissions and career services, because it is a great opportunity to get honest and comprehensive answers.

Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 49
Schools: NYU Stern 2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 09:23
mba20thirteen wrote:
nakakuki wrote:
Has anyone signed up for Simon Open interview and would you mind sharing your experience? Thanks.


Hi Nakakuki,

I attended the first Open Interview Day. It was very intimate and gave a full perspective of life at Simon. Be prepared with some questions to ask admissions and career services, because it is a great opportunity to get honest and comprehensive answers.

Best of luck.


Great. did they conduct blind interview? or did admission already have your file? many thanks.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 135
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 44

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 09:25
1
This post received
KUDOS
nakakuki wrote:
mba20thirteen wrote:
nakakuki wrote:
Has anyone signed up for Simon Open interview and would you mind sharing your experience? Thanks.


Hi Nakakuki,

I attended the first Open Interview Day. It was very intimate and gave a full perspective of life at Simon. Be prepared with some questions to ask admissions and career services, because it is a great opportunity to get honest and comprehensive answers.

Best of luck.


Great. did they conduct blind interview? or did admission already have your file? many thanks.


Blind.
Be honest and genuine and you should be fine.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2010
Posts: 49
Schools: NYU Stern 2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 09:28
Hi Nakakuki,

I attended the first Open Interview Day. It was very intimate and gave a full perspective of life at Simon. Be prepared with some questions to ask admissions and career services, because it is a great opportunity to get honest and comprehensive answers.

Best of luck.[/quote]

Great. did they conduct blind interview? or did admission already have your file? many thanks.[/quote]

Blind.
Be honest and genuine and you should be fine.[/quote]

great, thanks a lot.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2010
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 11:12
1
This post received
KUDOS
For my open interview day, they had all my transcripts and I believe a copy of my resume as well.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Posts: 77
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 15

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2010, 10:09
SIMON MBA R1 Applicants .. any news from simon on final decision ??

Or any idea how long adcom gonna take ... I have read somewhere on the blogs that Interviews for R1 are still going on ... so any Idea guys ??
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Apr 2010
Posts: 19
Location: New Delhi, India
Schools: Kenan-Flagler, Darden, Simon, BU(ding), Owen(i/v), Olin(ding), Norte Dame(w/l)
WE 1: Finance 3.5 Years
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2010, 12:07
1
This post received
KUDOS
I'm in for the Jan deadline
GMAT 690
GPA 3.1 (I think, Can anyone point me to a guide to calculate GPA)
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jul 2010
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [2] , given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2010, 12:11
2
This post received
KUDOS
I spoke to them this week and they mentioned that they were sending out a number of the decision letters at the end of this week, so my guess is it should be to you by next Wednesday the latest. If not you can always try to call them I suppose. I needed to get my decision early and therefore they gave me a quick response before I received my packet.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 135
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 44

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2010, 12:13
tusharmsvv wrote:
I'm in for the Jan deadline
GMAT 690
GPA 3.1 (I think, Can anyone point me to a guide to calculate GPA)


Thanks for the info.

An aside: you're applying to Boston ...?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 135
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 44

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2010, 12:17
jags2899 wrote:
I spoke to them this week and they mentioned that they were sending out a number of the decision letters at the end of this week, so my guess is it should be to you by next Wednesday the latest. If not you can always try to call them I suppose. I needed to get my decision early and therefore they gave me a quick response before I received my packet.


I also heard that some decisions will be made before the holiday. Here's hoping...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Apr 2010
Posts: 19
Location: New Delhi, India
Schools: Kenan-Flagler, Darden, Simon, BU(ding), Owen(i/v), Olin(ding), Norte Dame(w/l)
WE 1: Finance 3.5 Years
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2010, 12:25
mba20thirteen wrote:
tusharmsvv wrote:
I'm in for the Jan deadline
GMAT 690
GPA 3.1 (I think, Can anyone point me to a guide to calculate GPA)


Thanks for the info.

An aside: you're applying to Boston ...?


I guess I wasn't clear. Boston University SOM
Re: Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants!   [#permalink] 16 Dec 2010, 12:25
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
52 Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants! mba20thirteen 256 02 Aug 2010, 08:44
7 Simon 2012 - Calling all Applicants mba20thirteen 91 16 Sep 2011, 13:18
1 Calling all Simon (Rochester) Fall 2010 applicants iwkcuts 34 23 Jan 2010, 17:29
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all 2011 Simon Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 257 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.