Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 05:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2010, 13:06
avbhagav wrote:
Guys, ppl who got invites to interview did you get an email invite?

And wat is this interviews&campus visits link on the student centre ?is it available to everyone?

yes it was an email invite.

you need to log into your unc app account and there's might be a link for scheduling an interview on the main page after you log in and rest is self explanatory. I say might because it might not be there if not invited whatnot...

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2010, 13:09
shaselai wrote:
avbhagav wrote:
Guys, ppl who got invites to interview did you get an email invite?

And wat is this interviews&campus visits link on the student centre ?is it available to everyone?

yes it was an email invite.

you need to log into your unc app account and there's might be a link for scheduling an interview on the main page after you log in and rest is self explanatory. I say might because it might not be there if not invited whatnot...

The thing is I did not receive any email invite but in student center it is allowing me to register for an interview...
is this weird or should i just go ahead..I even submitted my application and got an acknowledgement ;)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2010, 10:25
hey all...my recommender was asking me bout this question they have in their form....'elaborate on the applicant's qualifications'.....now,doesnt our application take about just that? what are they expecting? any suggestions would be helpful...thanks!
Current Student

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2010, 10:28
vbargi wrote:
hey all...my recommender was asking me bout this question they have in their form....'elaborate on the applicant's qualifications'.....now,doesnt our application take about just that? what are they expecting? any suggestions would be helpful...thanks!

well that's what your recommender thinks which could be different than what you think.... unless you are feeding your rec. answers it shouldnt be exactly the same....

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2010, 10:53
got interview invite email today
Current Student

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2010, 10:57
so since many here has gotten the invite.. what are people doing? onsite interview/phone/wait till NOV for alum? I am personally waiting for Nov alum spots opening up since phone i think is not a good idea for someone in the US and kenan is a bit far and i dont have a lot of days to spare...

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2010, 11:06
me too waitin for alum.....is it like everyone gets an invite?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2010, 11:30
shaselai wrote:
vbargi wrote:

well that's what your recommender thinks which could be different than what you think.... unless you are feeding your rec. answers it shouldnt be exactly the same....

nah, i aint feeding the answers...my recommender wanted to know if there is anything in specific he has to mention....moreover, there are 2 recos going in...i guess their perspective on my qualification wont change much!.... also, KF hasnt specified what kind of qualification - educational, professional etc. what would be best to assume?
Current Student

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2010, 11:55
vbargi wrote:
shaselai wrote:
vbargi wrote:

nah, i aint feeding the answers...my recommender wanted to know if there is anything in specific he has to mention....moreover, there are 2 recos going in...i guess their perspective on my qualification wont change much!.... also, KF hasnt specified what kind of qualification - educational, professional etc. what would be best to assume?

again it is dependent on your recs... can they not think of any by themselves or way too many in their head? I think one of my recs told me about how there were 2 ques that were very similar about strengths/qual or something.... It is really for your rec to figure it out or you can think what your biggest qualification is and follow that....

Current Student
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2010, 12:20
vbargi wrote:
shaselai wrote:
vbargi wrote:

Professional of course, 100%

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2010, 20:19
is there any international candidate gets the interview invitation?
Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA, YOS, Johnson, UNC.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2010, 21:28
Count me in for R1, I am a re-applicant and the admin told me that I may not be interviewed again. China Mainland.
Current Student
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 44

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2010, 05:48
ineedtoknow wrote:
Count me in for R1, I am a re-applicant and the admin told me that I may not be interviewed again. China Mainland.

Done. What are your stats (GMAT, GPA)?
Current Student

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2010, 06:10
actually i applied to R1 not R2. and for R1/EA it doesnt seem to be binding cause it says you are required to pay fee to save a spot.... so if you dont want the spot you dont pay? it doesnt seem to be like Duke's where it actually says "drop all other apps".

Current Student

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2010, 06:16
shaselai wrote:
actually i applied to R1 not R2. and for R1/EA it doesnt seem to be binding cause it says you are required to pay fee to save a spot.... so if you dont want the spot you dont pay? it doesnt seem to be like Duke's where it actually says "drop all other apps".

Moved you to R1.

To quote KFBS: "You should not apply for Early Action if you are not prepared to commit immediately to attending UNC."

If you apply to Early Action and then pick a different school, then you're unethically gaming the system... in my opinion.
Current Student

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2010, 06:20
mba20thirteen wrote:
shaselai wrote:

Moved you to R1.

To quote KFBS: "You should not apply for Early Action if you are not prepared to commit immediately to attending UNC."

If you apply to Early Action and then pick a different school, then you're unethically gaming the system... in my opinion.

there's also the part wanting to know decision early which i do... i mean i finished the app on time so i figured i might as well submit it... oh well we'll see what happens...

Current Student

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2010, 06:24
shaselai wrote:
mba20thirteen wrote:
shaselai wrote:

Moved you to R1.

there's also the part wanting to know decision early which i do... i mean i finished the app on time so i figured i might as well submit it... oh well we'll see what happens...

Right, but that's an incentive to make UNC your #1 choice. Duke and Columbia are arranged the same way. Nobody is going to come to your house and make you pay the deposit, but you're entering in a verbal or written contract.

So again, in my opinion, it's unethically gaming the system. I am sure that there are plenty of applicants who are applying to Early Action because they 100% love the school. If your acceptance takes one of their spots, and then you choose another school, wouldn't that weigh on your conscious?
Current Student

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2010, 09:21
mba20thirteen wrote:

Right, but that's an incentive to make UNC your #1 choice. Duke and Columbia are arranged the same way. Nobody is going to come to your house and make you pay the deposit, but you're entering in a verbal or written contract.

So again, in my opinion, it's unethically gaming the system. I am sure that there are plenty of applicants who are applying to Early Action because they 100% love the school. If your acceptance takes one of their spots, and then you choose another school, wouldn't that weigh on your conscious?

i see what you are saying... but if you look at the R1 applicant names and their schools they are applying... many have higher ranked schools so I doubt they would go UNC 100% if given opportunity to go instead of booth/stern etc.

and with respect to "taking a spot".... well that happens for everybody since most are applying more than 1 school and if admit they can only go 1...

Last edited by shaselai on 21 Oct 2010, 09:23, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2010, 09:23
shaselai wrote:
mba20thirteen wrote:

i see what you are saying... but if you look at the R1 applicant names and their schools they are applying... many have higher ranked schools so I doubt they would go UNC 100% if given opportunity to go instead of booth/stern etc.

That doesn't make it right. It's the Brooklyn Bridge theory.

And yes, spot-taking obviously happens everywhere. It's the nature of competition. But Early Action is unique... that is why it is differentiated by the school... and why they even include their disclaimers.

Last edited by mba20thirteen on 04 Nov 2010, 06:23, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2010, 10:16
Hmmm.
My friend got into KF last year and he was thinking about "gaming" them but before he could, his other schools all sent him letters saying that they know he had been admitted to KF and that is app was now withdrawn.

If you honestly thought is wasn't binding than you get a pass, but if you did what MBA20 is suggesting than its against their policy.

There is a another member on here, forget his name, that has 4 schools EA in his profile!
I think sometimes people can get confused about how these rules work.

UNC/DUKE are both Binding.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants!   [#permalink] 21 Oct 2010, 10:16