Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 14:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [2] , given: 44

Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2010, 09:42
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Calling all 2011 applicants to the University of North Carolina's Kenan-Flagler Business School...

APPLYING

EARLY ACTION (10/22) | Decision: 12/13

avbhagav
erasmussen
anjali1d
Pdgmat2010
MBAstudent2011
esquire
rajiv182
Mariner123

ajayawanti
shaselai
mbaguy2011
aksr
Gacarva
bseeker
ineedtoknow

Round 2 (12/3) | Decision: 2/7
mba20thirteen
ingoditrust
admad10
stephaniekurek27
jackhrobbins
talwarmeister
jtinva
badgerfan
anaghamahajan01
tryin700
moiuday
abcdef

jery2911
raulmba
UGAdawgs
abhishekg82
MBA2011applicant
sweatytofu
lencheto18
perror

Round 3 (1/7) | Decision: 3/21
tusharmsvv
Randomness
lagsantiago
snowflakes
pjman
drpadhy
mhla82
kilian
bschoolq2
treehugger
EBSIFounder
monad2000
Impalpable
mouse
Thr33
nuvolari

Round 4 (3/18) | Decision: 5/2

ADMITTED

avbhagav
anjali1d
Pdgmat2010
MBAstudent2011
erasmussen
esquire
rajiv182
perror

WAITLISTED
shaselai

DENIED
ajayawanti
moiuday
abcdef

TOTAL # of Applicants: 45
Avg GMAT of Applicants: 699
Avg GPA of Applicants: 3.4
Admitted: 18%
Denied: 7%

Last edited by mba20thirteen on 03 Feb 2011, 09:58, edited 67 times in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 200 [1] , given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2010, 19:03
This post received
KUDOS
ummm ok.... I got an interview invite even though I havent submitted my app and recs only 1 in - the website did say they could review app at "any time" when there's suff info... so should I schedule an interview or wait till i submit my app? Also, since interview is counted equal can i just schedule with alum nearby? cheers

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 84 [1] , given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2010, 11:02
This post received
KUDOS
^^^Yeah my I was shocked when he told me he got letter from other schools. I applied EA to Duke, on the signature page it says they can give out my name to other schools.

I was thinking EA for UNC, but didn't want to sell my self too short and it came down to DukeEA and TuckEA....went with Duke cause of fit.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Simon Graduate School of Business '13

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 44

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2010, 12:14
This post received
KUDOS
jordanhendrix wrote:
^^^ yea, i think thats the right call. Ethics aside, that would suck if you got into Yale and had to say no b/c of a binding commitment to UNC.

Disclaimer: No disrespect to UNC I just know Sha wants to go to Yale.

Agreed. Wise choice.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kenan-Flagler
WE 1: Project Management
WE 2: Entrepreneur
WE 3: Real Estate
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2010, 16:38
This post received
KUDOS
Just submitted 100% of the application tonight.

Congratulations to all of those with interview invites. If I can give one piece of advice........make the trip to Chapel Hill for the interview. If you are not 100% sold on Kenan-Flagler now, you will be after visiting.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA, YOS, Johnson, UNC.
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2010, 21:06
This post received
KUDOS
mba20thirteen wrote:
ineedtoknow wrote:
Count me in for R1, I am a re-applicant and the admin told me that I may not be interviewed again. China Mainland.

Done. What are your stats (GMAT, GPA)?

Gmat 720, GPA 80 based on 100.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 200 [1] , given: 52

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 12:10
This post received
KUDOS
angel2009 wrote:
Me in WL. I've one thing to mention. Though it might sound good don't loose your heart or something like that but if someone applied UNC, UVA, Ross etc and when you find you are not in UNC , the confidence level be lower for the other schools preparation. You need to re-plan your selection of schools. For me after this I probably not submit my apps in Ross R2

it is weird thing and definitely a loss in confidence... i didn't receive my interview invite from Georgetown and I had high hopes in getting an invite at least but it is what it is. I did contact the director and she said WL applicants get into same pool as next round folks so there will be no discrimination....which is a good thing i hope... But you should try Ross though.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Darden
WE 1: Public Finance, 3 years
WE 2: Corporate Finance - M&A at a BIG 4, 2 years
WE 3: Business Analysis, 1.5 years
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 10

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2010, 03:40
This post received
KUDOS
Invited for an interview after submitting application. International from Europe and I plan on visiting Chapel Hill for the interview.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Yale SOM,Stern,LBS,Vanderbilt
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 10

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2011, 14:24
This post received
KUDOS
treehugger wrote:
Hello All,

I applied for the R3 (01/07) and got an interview invitation on 01/09. I called up the admissions to clarify some doubts and I also asked about who gets the interview invites. They told me that they go through applications which are in progress and filter out high potential candidates and invite them to interview so that the applicants get more time.

In my case the GMAT is only 650 and I have not posted my GPA since I was not awarded in the usual GPA scale. So I guess someone must have manually gone through the applications and then flagged me for interview. I am not sure if this is the case and what to make out of it. But anyways I think it is a good sign.

I am interviewing on campus on 01/28.

To add on to my previous post, I got this reply form a current student when asked about what to make out of an interview invite

"As far as interviews, if the admissions committee determines that they are interested in getting to know you better, they will send out an invite for an interview. Everyone who is accepted is interviewed, so it is certainly a good sign they have shown that initial interest!"
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
WE 1: SE - 1
WE 2: Engineer - 3

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2011, 10:59
This post received
KUDOS
widerangeinput wrote:
Dear all, can anyone let me know what the app. status reads before and after an interview?

Mine said the same thing before and after the interview:

Thank you for submitting your application. Your decision is not yet available.

Do you have anything different on your app (online)?
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: UCLA (R1 interview-WL), UNC(R2--interview-ding) Oxford(R2-Admit), Kelley (R2- Admit $$), McCombs(R2)
WE 1: SE - 1
WE 2: Engineer - 3

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2011, 13:19
This post received
KUDOS
mbaBoundGal wrote:
Well I hope my lack of memo is a good thing.... Seems very strange that only a few people would get dings today. Why release these decisions first and not just all at once. I am going to try and block out all things Chapel Hill until the 7th.

UNC does send out exceptionally good (admits with scholl) or bad results (ding, no offense to anyone) through out the week before result date. I dont think this should come as a surprise to anyone that we are seeing results through out the week. I am just hoping that results for everyone is good(including me).

I have already reached the stage of being clinically depressed and one bad news might push me over the edge to declare myself as completely "cuckoo".
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS (R2-Ding), Wharton (R2-Ding), MIT (R2-Ding), McCombs (R2-Accepted), Tuck (R2-WL), NYU (R2-WL)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2011, 21:25
This post received
KUDOS
Thank you...I apologize.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 84 [1] , given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2011, 11:28
This post received
KUDOS
widerangeinput wrote:
all, let's get over the employ. stats and the rankings (first time I hear something like "top 16"!!!) and admit that UNC has a clear edge over Georgetown. If there is one thing that everyone should learn these forums and discussions, it's the fact that there is much into programs then their rankings.

Nevertheless, in terms of general rep. Georgetown might seem to be (and may be, indeed) a better school than UNC but Kenan-Flagler is really really better than McDonough by all means.
Now some will go ahead and say that "But, it depends on your profile and what you want to do with your degree" kind of stuff. Yet, I believe that if you do your homework (wrt recruiting etc.) Kenan-Flagler would give one notch above of everything that McDonough can give you.

Whos talking about rankings? We all know rankings arent the final say in any regards. Were talking about REAL statistics over the years.

So we should get over "employ. stats" and just look at forums. LOL

if you want to do federal consulting in DC and pick UNC over Gtown you are a certified moron.
If you want to work for Bank of America in Charlotte/ATL and pick Gtown you are a certified moron.

Your conclusion of UNC beating Gtown in everything is so simple and weak that anything you say from now on must be taken with a grain of salt.

Sound like you work for UNC's PR dept. haha

Both schools are OK, and yes UNC may be slightly better received (In general) by certain industries, you should dig deeper than forums and websites to find the best fit.....isn't that something that is preached on this site too?

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 14

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2011, 06:16
This post received
KUDOS
shaselai wrote:
what about UNC consulting numbers? it seems abit low but still 2nd to finance in terms of % student body i think? plus finance doesnt all fall to IB though - is IB what most think about?

check the numbers at Kenan-Flagler web-site (salary numbers) you can see the breakdown there...
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 14:14
This post received
KUDOS
VA2012 wrote:
UNC works best for me and my family, is there anything i can do now to push my application in front? any siggestions?

At this point in the admission cycle, I think you probably have a good idea of where you stand in terms of the spectrum of schools you applied to. So if you think you're close, you can try to send updates. I don't know if UNC welcomes updates from the WLed, being a lower ranked school I would assume they do, but reinforcing your acceptance of a potential offer along with spinning any new career developments in a positive light is probably the way to go.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Harvard R2 - Ding, Stanford R2 - Ding, McCombs R2 - Admit, UNC R3 - Admit
WE 1: Communications
WE 2: Not-for-Profit Management
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2011, 09:30
This post received
KUDOS
Kilian wrote:
Impalpable wrote:
Yep, I called. All scholarship dollars are out. Also said they are overextended and it isn't likely that more dollars will be given. Sad, I had high hopes that something would work out.

So even if people turn down scholarship offers, they won't offer them to the rest of us. Oh well. Good to know.

She said if enough free up that they might have some to give, though it would be a month or two. I can't wait that long as I have other acceptance deadlines.

Remember to keep things in perspective. No matter what happens, everything will be just fine. If it does not happen, then it was not meant to be. There is some other great path for you to take. Be Blessed.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 14

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2011, 08:07
This post received
KUDOS
just informed UNC that I will not be attending. best of luck to all WLers...
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale - ding; Fuqua - Accepted; KFBS - Accepted; JHU Carey - Accepted
WE 1: Backstage TV/Film - 2 years
WE 2: Healthcare Admin - 6 years

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 21

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2011, 18:53
This post received
KUDOS
Still think KFBS is a top-notch program with awesome faculty, curriculum, and resources. But I felt a better fit elsewhere and am declining my offer in advance of tomorrow's deposit deadline. Good luck WLers!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stern, Chicago, Duke, UNC, Wharton
WE 1: S&T
WE 2: Project Management
WE 3: Banking

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 35

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2010, 11:15
Count me in for R1

Last edited by Gacarva on 10 Aug 2010, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 200 [0], given: 52

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2010, 05:33
R1

Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants!   [#permalink] 11 Aug 2010, 05:33