Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [3]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
zosobc wrote:
sandycool wrote:
Has anyone have got the mail :!:

Folks, we have all been waiting for our decision for a while. It’s been excruciating. To give some advice from experience, try to get away from work tomorrow. If you have to work, try to get outside and enjoy the day. There is nothing we can do at this point. We’ve all put our best foot forward with adcom and it’s in adcom’s hands. Pray if you’re religious. If not, do some yoga or find some peace somehow.

I appreciate all of the posts on this thread. I am sure that we are all qualified to get the admit, and I am hopeful that we all will. For those of us who don’t, life will go on. And if it doesn’t happen for us, we can make a great plan to reach our goals next time. That’s the great thing about the b-school process, there’s always another battle to fight as long as we’re up for it. And the all-stars on this site will ALWAYS be up for it!

Best luck to all,

zosobc

dude,

you are the true motivator :)
Hat's off and best of luck :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 3.48
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
What time will the results be posted?

- madzy

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Any updates from Tepper?? I'm an R2 applicant.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
I had couple of questions:

1) My undergrad (India) does not have a GPA system of evaluation, how does CMU compare me against those with GPA system of education?

2) I know for those who interviewed can have one of the these decisions today: Admitted,Wailisted,Denied. However for those who haven't had an interview is "Denied" an inevitable update on their application? I deduce because "Admitted" status is ruled out, it doesnt make sense to get "Waitlisted" without an interview so the only possiblity is "Denied". Does my logic makes sense?

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Emory (Goizueta) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Kudos
chethanjs wrote:

1) My undergrad (India) does not have a GPA system of evaluation, how does CMU compare me against those with GPA system of education?

2) I know for those who interviewed can have one of the these decisions today: Admitted,Wailisted,Denied. However for those who haven't had an interview is "Denied" an inevitable update on their application? I deduce because "Admitted" status is ruled out, it doesnt make sense to get "Waitlisted" without an interview so the only possiblity is "Denied". Does my logic makes sense?

Thank you.

1) Yes, they have to, as it wouldn't make sense to only compare you to your fellow countrymen. But, they have years of experience evaluating candidates from many countries. They likely have a rigid process in place to evaluate grades provided by your university.

2) I cant tell about Tepper in particular, but from what I've seen in other colleges, there have been people waitlisted without interview and then later interviewed along with candidates from a later round. So don't rule anything out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
AJSahae wrote:
chethanjs wrote:

Thank you.

1) Yes, they have to, as it wouldn't make sense to only compare you to your fellow countrymen. But, they have years of experience evaluating candidates from many countries. They likely have a rigid process in place to evaluate grades provided by your university.

2) I cant tell about Tepper in particular, but from what I've seen in other colleges, there have been people waitlisted without interview and then later interviewed along with candidates from a later round. So don't rule anything out.

I Agree. Yesterday I was waitlisted at Mcdonough (without interview). So waitlist without interview is not out of scope.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: CMU (Tepper) - Class of 2013
GPA: 3.05
Send PM
Kudos
aleboughton wrote:
Thanks guys for your input! Its really helpful. As I see it:

Tepper - I love the smaller clases and the very flexible curriculum. Have my doubts about entrepreneurship resources.
Ross - Michigan U is a well-known think tank, for me that gives it high marks.
McCombs - More access to venture capital and business plan competitions, better weather! hahaha

I agree any of these are amazing opportunities. I'm really having a hard time figuring out which program/university will give me more resources towards launching my own social enterprise (for-profit business that makes its money by solving/improving a social problem). I already have some concrete ideas, leaning towards providing services not engineered products or software.

Regarding entrepreneurship, I would check out the Donald Jones Center at Tepper. It's completely focused on Entrepreneurship and I know they have a lot of resources available. Also, it was recently that a CMU grad was creating a fund for CMU/Tepper folks that would help provide seed money to new ventures:
https://www.cmu.edu/cttec/News/2011-news ... -fund.html
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: CMU (Tepper) - Class of 2013
GPA: 3.05
Send PM
Kudos
purpleshirt wrote:
explorer21 wrote:
purpleshirt wrote:

Just to add my thoughts about Tepper (did not apply to Ross or McCombs). When I visited and spoke with current students, there was a general hesitancy about the effectiveness of the career center. "They're helpful...but..." sort of thing.

GOOD LUCK!

interesting, poets and quants had their career services department get high marks. I thought that was a strength of the school. I guess it varies though.

I'm not 100% clear on my goals so I'd love to be guided a little bit. I'm not sure how much it is worth to me but i'm leaving no stone unturned.

If we're referring to the same article, yes you are correct- Tepper received high marks....but Ross received even better. 3 vs 7 times in the 20% https://poetsandquants.com/2012/02/04/wo ... centers/2/

One student or alum could tell you it's heaven on earth while someone else will say the complete opposite. Maybe the students I spoke with did not have a good experience. But as always, bschool is what YOU make of it :)

Preaching to the choir, I know....

Yeah - I don't know of anyone who would complain about our COC, but I guess there could be one or two. My personal experience has been great. The two most important aspects of any school's COC, preparing you for recruiting and securing opportunities for the school (bringing in companies) are very well executed by our COC.

This is a hugely important metric for deciding where to attend and I encourage all of you to do a lot of research on potential schools in regards to their career support. I have one perspective but I know that it is a different experience for everyone and am glad you all are in tune with this.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know when Tepper sends out R2 results ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
naiksarah wrote:

i'm not sure but it could be anytime between 12-5 ish EST
Director
Director
Send PM
nini102 wrote:
naiksarah wrote:

Yeah should be sometime before 5pm EST I'd think. My R1 email came at 4:05pm EST.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
vixer wrote:
purpleshirt wrote:

Just to add my thoughts about Tepper (did not apply to Ross or McCombs). When I visited and spoke with current students, there was a general hesitancy about the effectiveness of the career center. "They're helpful...but..." sort of thing.

One student or alum could tell you it's heaven on earth while someone else will say the complete opposite. Maybe the students I spoke with did not have a good experience. But as always, bschool is what YOU make of it :)

Preaching to the choir, I know....

Yeah - I don't know of anyone who would complain about our COC, but I guess there could be one or two. My personal experience has been great. The two most important aspects of any school's COC, preparing you for recruiting and securing opportunities for the school (bringing in companies) are very well executed by our COC.

This is a hugely important metric for deciding where to attend and I encourage all of you to do a lot of research on potential schools in regards to their career support. I have one perspective but I know that it is a different experience for everyone and am glad you all are in tune with this.

Vixer - Very glad to hear you've had a positive experience with COC! I hope I didn't imply that Tepper's COC is subpar by any means!!! No COC will ever meet every student's expectations or needs, so there will be a few grumpy ones, no matter what. And as I've said, bschool will only be as effective as what we put into it!

Thanks for always adding in your perspective as a current student on this forum - I know it was hugely valuable for me during the application process. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
method wrote:
nini102 wrote:
naiksarah wrote:

Yeah should be sometime before 5pm EST I'd think. My R1 email came at 4:05pm EST.

Could you imagine if all the schools released the decision on the same day and only in email? I wonder if we would all take gmail down.
Director
Director
Send PM
purpleshirt wrote:
Thanks for always adding in your perspective as a current student on this forum - I know it was hugely valuable for me during the application process. :)

Gotta agree! Big up to vixer!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Could you imagine if all the schools released the decision on the same day and only in email? I wonder if we would all take gmail down.

Ha!
Dont really know about gmail- but I'll definitely have a nervous breakdown :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Technology
Schools: Sloan '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
sarahmarkels wrote:

You mean like on MATCH DAY (residencies for med students)? :-D which is also today!! I am always astonished by how the match system works. Anyone else with friends matching today????
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
OMG just got the mail ..I'm IN
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  31   
Moderators: