Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 04:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Schools: York University (Schulich) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Education)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 10

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 11:39
Wow, we both struck out at Tepper. I got ding as well, very disappointed.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 12

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 11:50
Guys,

Any update from any waitlisted applicant?
I was waitlisted in R2, no news yet :(
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 12:05
I'm in.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 12:21
rashidmanzar wrote:
Guys,

I was waitlisted in R2 as well, I think if you haven't heard back by now it means they haven't changed your status? So...wait for the next round. I'm in the same situation.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GMAT 2: Q V
GMAT 3: Q V
GMAT 4: Q V
WE: Programming (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 12:50
I am in! And quite pleased about it too.

Tough break for everyone who was passed over or who remains on the wait-list.
Manager
Manager

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 12:55
mimosa1014 wrote:
rashidmanzar wrote:
Guys,

I was waitlisted in R2 as well, I think if you haven't heard back by now it means they haven't changed your status? So...wait for the next round. I'm in the same situation.

Thanks mimosa1014!
As I am an international applicat, I (unfortunately)a cannot afford to wait for the next round.
Since this (R3) is the last round for the international applicants, I expect to know the verdict by this round.
Anyways, it seems that it is over for me.

Best of luck to all those who are waiting for the results.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2012, 19:51
congrats to all those who made it!!

waitlisted ppl add me to the list :cry: .. being an international applicant gues its just going to make things worse :cry: :cry:
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2012, 02:25
I'm in!!!! (conditional on a few classes). Couldn't be happier! Sorry to those who didn't fair as well.
Manager
Manager
Schools: York University (Schulich) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Education)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 10

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2012, 05:47
Congrats to all the new admittances, I wish you all the best.
Manager
Manager

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2012, 05:57
10sne1 wrote:
I'm in!!!! (conditional on a few classes). Couldn't be happier! Sorry to those who didn't fair as well.

Congrats 10sne1!
Apologies for my ignorance but what do you mean by "conditional on a few classes"?
When did you get the result? Were you waitlisted or R3 applicant?
Thanks in advance for your response.
Intern
Intern

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2012, 07:13
and any idea about the conversion rates for waitlisted candidates?? are we supposed to wait for the subsequent rounds and keep cheking if thers ny change?? gues then may 25th is the next one :?
Current Student
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 1

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2012, 10:14
dreambig100 wrote:
and any idea about the conversion rates for waitlisted candidates?? are we supposed to wait for the subsequent rounds and keep cheking if thers ny change?? gues then may 25th is the next one :?

I doubt that date would mean anything to us internationals. the 4th round is for U.S nationals anyway so if you take into account the diversity considerations of adcom, then we getting in cannot really be premised on who gets admitted in round 4. But honestly I think going forward, all the schools should be realistic with the internationals students and give us an answer by the 3rd round. How are expected to arrange financing and visas and all the other stuff if we get our offers in June?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GMAT 3: Q V
GMAT 4: Q V
WE: Programming (Investment Banking)

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2012, 11:07
abou wrote:
dreambig100 wrote:

I doubt that date would mean anything to us internationals. the 4th round is for U.S nationals anyway so if you take into account the diversity considerations of adcom, then we getting in cannot really be premised on who gets admitted in round 4. But honestly I think going forward, all the schools should be realistic with the internationals students and give us an answer by the 3rd round. How are expected to arrange financing and visas and all the other stuff if we get our offers in June?

I think it depends on where you are located. Students from Canada, for example, don't require a visa. They need the same documents, but you just show them to the customs agent when you cross the border and they stamp your passport and mark you with the student entry status. In this case the turn-around time is less since you don't have to wait for visa processing. Many other nationalities can apply for their visa in the airport right before they travel. I am not sure if this applies to student visas though, or just to visitors. There will be info on the US Consulate website for your country of citizenship.
Intern
Intern

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2012, 22:32
Moblin88 wrote:
abou wrote:
dreambig100 wrote:

I think it depends on where you are located. Students from Canada, for example, don't require a visa. They need the same documents, but you just show them to the customs agent when you cross the border and they stamp your passport and mark you with the student entry status. In this case the turn-around time is less since you don't have to wait for visa processing. Many other nationalities can apply for their visa in the airport right before they travel. I am not sure if this applies to student visas though, or just to visitors. There will be info on the US Consulate website for your country of citizenship.

hmm... well i am from India and the processing does take atleast two months here unless otherwise goddess of luck has sme soft corner for u 8-) but yes i spoke to a current student (indian) and she said there are quite a few from the subcontinent who have made it from the WL so lets keep hoping for the best!!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 16 [1] , given: 1

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 May 2012, 13:17
This post received
KUDOS
It looks like Tepper is now working on the waiting list. I just received an email asking me whether I want to remain an active member of the waiting list. As per their decision email, we were to receive this email a few days after the round 2 decision notification date, but I just received it. I know there are a lot of stuff written about waiting list but from my experience, i have no doubts in my mind........its mainly for managing yield and diversity......the likelihood of one getting off the waiting list to receive an offer is about 90% dependent on whether someone within your character pool declines his offer. Dont worry about the quality of your application, you are good enough for the school thats why you are on the waiting list in the first place. Its just like football....fabregas is a world class player but for him to start for spain, one of xavi or iniesta needs to get injured or something. Thats just the way it is.....not that fabregas is not good enough but he has to make do with the bench for now. :-D
Manager
Manager

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 May 2012, 15:01
abou wrote:
It looks like Tepper is now working on the waiting list. I just received an email asking me whether I want to remain an active member of the waiting list. As per their decision email, we were to receive this email a few days after the round 2 decision notification date, but I just received it. I know there are a lot of stuff written about waiting list but from my experience, i have no doubts in my mind........its mainly for managing yield and diversity......the likelihood of one getting off the waiting list to receive an offer is about 90% dependent on whether someone within your character pool declines his offer. Dont worry about the quality of your application, you are good enough for the school thats why you are on the waiting list in the first place. Its just like football....fabregas is a world class player but for him to start for spain, one of xavi or iniesta needs to get injured or something. Thats just the way it is.....not that fabregas is not good enough but he has to make do with the bench for now. :-D

Dude,

you are the real motivator :):)
Thanks & keep it up :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 May 2012, 19:01
abou wrote:

even i got the mail today :) ...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 May 2012, 20:57
abou wrote:

Completely out of context but can't help myself from commenting
Thank god!!! there is at least 1 football (and yes it is FOOTBALL!!) fan here. :D

NO! I'm not a Priest. Don't ask for blessings...

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.45
WE: General Management (Law)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 1

Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2012, 00:00
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys, I was waitlisted round 1 and was just admitted. I am probably turning the offer down for a program I feel fits me better so other WLers I hope one of you gets my spot! :)

Feel free to read about my progress

http://20somethingsmba.blogspot.com/

Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck, Kellogg, Tepper

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2012, 06:23
sometimesitsnows01 wrote:
Hey guys, I was waitlisted round 1 and was just admitted. I am probably turning the offer down for a program I feel fits me better so other WLers I hope one of you gets my spot! :)

congrats on your admit!
when did you hear from Tepper about the result?
and did you send in any updates after being waitlisted?
Re: Tepper 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 04 May 2012, 06:23