Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 20:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2011, 05:10
BabyBeagle wrote:
Good luck, guys. If you have any questions for a new Booth student, feel free to PM me.

I don't know anything about admissions dates. I can speak mostly to culture, some classes, Chicago, LEAD, bidding - stuff like that.

What do you consider to be the biggest advantage of the flexible curriculum?

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 104 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2011, 08:10
Explore Marketing at Chicago Booth

Thursday, October 20 from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm CT
Art Middlebrooks, Professor of Marketing and Executive Director of the Kilts Center for Marketing, along with current students and Admissions Staff, will chat with prospective students about the Marketing program at Chicago Booth. We’ll also be able to answer your admissions-related questions.

To access this chat or view transcripts from previous chats use this link -
http://www.chicagobooth.edu/fulltime/chat/?source=ft-em-chat-20111010

Manager
Manager
WE 1: Manufacturing
WE 2: Analytics
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 14

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2011, 08:49
gmatpapa wrote:

Wow! If so is the case then 26th is going to be a big day for me.. I'd be done with my R1 apps and will have results from both Harvard and Chicago!

Also, its my cousin's b'day on 26th and I hope to have at least some good news that day otherwise the b'day party will have a sad looking dude sulking alone in the corner, probably consuming more than his usual share of alcohol lol..
[/quote]

i wud nt sulk if i dont get anything on 26th...i/v invites are spread over 2-3 weeks...

anyways..all da best..hope u drink to celebrate the moment :-D
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: War veteran & gallantry award winner.
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.81
WE: Other (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 6

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2011, 07:29
Hi everyone,

Had a few queries wrt the application submission. A few of them got clarified, thanks to the post of some helpful members (eg: the non-checked box that I saw in the hispanic-latino column of the application proof pdf !!) but there are still a few pending ones that have made me nervous:

1. In the class rank box, I wrote "top xx% from xxx student trainees". I am sure that everything had been typed properly as I had double checked. But the pdf shows - "top xx% from x" - clipping the no of peers by 99% (from 500 to 5)!!

2. The name of my college is pretty long --- yes, insanely long! (around 100+ characters). When I typed it, the whole name was shown in the "Institution Name" box. But again, the pdf shows only about 60 charachters!

3. In the Work Experience section, while describing my recent job function and its associated responsibilties, I had written about four small (and neat!) paragraphs. However, again to my horror, I find that only 2.5 paras are seen. The rest seem to have vanished!

Now, I am just hoping that all three are just related to some glitch wrt the amount that can be processed in the pdf and that the actual essay will contain everything but I am not sure.
I can assure you guys that I had specifically checked to see whether there was a word-limit for the description boxes in the WE and Extra-curricular section before I had typed in my answers. It was only after I had doubly-checked (by saving an answer and coming back to the page to see if everything was being shown in the description box) that I had submitted those answers.

Anyone else in the same shoes? Should I call up the adcom and ask them about this?

Thanks in advance......
Sam
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 461 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2011, 09:11
In for R1.

Had a great last week, I opted for a week leave from from office and have put in my best effort. Let's see, what's the outcome!!

Best of luck to all!!!

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.03
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2011, 05:58
did everyone get a confirmation email from booth for round 1 app? i only got a receipt for my payment, but I recall that last year I got a long email with explanation of the process. this year i did not. i checked on-line and the application is definitely submitted. just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue...
BSchool Forum Moderator

GMAT Tests User
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2011, 06:27
fuji wrote:
did everyone get a confirmation email from booth for round 1 app? i only got a receipt for my payment, but I recall that last year I got a long email with explanation of the process. this year i did not. i checked on-line and the application is definitely submitted. just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue...

Yep..They are not sending out confirmation emails this year to anyone....The portal status is the be all and end all...

BSchool Forum Moderator

GMAT Tests User
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2011, 06:35
tgtivyleague wrote:
Hi everyone,
Had a few queries wrt the application submission. ....
Sam

I had similar truncation issues wrt to my mailing address. I had that clarified with ad com before I submitted my app...It was being stored correctly but was simply not being displayed properly..

Prima facie our cases seem identical...However, I would strongly suggest you call up ad com and have each of these points clarified. The ad com office is very helpful and it shouldn't take you much time at all..

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Haas Darden Ross Booth Sloan (that's right, HDRBS)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [2] , given: 5

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2011, 16:04
This post received
KUDOS
MDF wrote:
BabyBeagle wrote:
Good luck, guys. If you have any questions for a new Booth student, feel free to PM me.

I don't know anything about admissions dates. I can speak mostly to culture, some classes, Chicago, LEAD, bidding - stuff like that.

What do you consider to be the biggest advantage of the flexible curriculum?

The advantage is that you don't have to repeat things that you already know, and you can tailor your coursework to very specific areas that you're trying to enhance. For instance, if you're targeting IB internships but don't come from a finance background, you can broadcast your interest in the field by loading up on finance classes. Sounds obvious but I didn't really get this when I was applying. That is a huge plus and should allow you to differentiate yourself by crafting a unique story.

That said, the curriculum isn't as flexible as they'd have you believe in your first (of three) quarter because there are a few classes that are prerequisites to almost everything else. So while it's not really explicit, micro and accounting are de facto requirements. The curriculum does however allow you to skip those (as mentioned) if you have the background.

The other plus is that you can dial up the pain as much as you want. Depending on your level of intellectual curiosity and when you want to recruit, this can be helpful in mitigating some workload volatility. Everyone is different.

The end is only the beginning.

Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 461 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2011, 03:39
Did anyone of you see a mail from booth admission with the words

"The admissions team would like to invite you to..." :lol:

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 74

CAT Tests
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2011, 05:14
Hussain15 wrote:

hopefully will see on 26th :wink:

My GMAT debrief: from-620-to-710-my-gmat-journey-114437.html

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 204

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2011, 05:25
Hussain15 wrote:

Yes. I think it's standard communication: "Industry-specific topics. Critical discussions. Meaningful connections". Is it?
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2011, 05:34
Etreus wrote:
Hussain15 wrote:

Yes. I think it's standard communication: "Industry-specific topics. Critical discussions. Meaningful connections". Is it?

I'm confused...

Is this a tease, or are they really sending out interview invites already?

Manager
Manager

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2011, 05:45
MDF wrote:
Etreus wrote:
Hussain15 wrote:

I'm confused...

Is this a tease, or are they really sending out interview invites already?

I don't think it's an interview invitation. It's just a subscription communication: look at the bottom of your email: "I no longer wish to receive email from Chicago Booth, please unsubscribe me."

And take into account that interview invites will start to be released around October 26th if the follow last year pattern.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2011, 05:53
^ Gotya, thanks!

Does anyone know in what order the applications are reviewed? For instance, I submitted 2-3 weeks before the deadline, does that mean my app will be reviewed earlier than someone who submitted closer to the deadline?

BSchool Forum Moderator

GMAT Tests User
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2011, 07:27
May I request every one who has submitted the app or is planning to submit one in future rounds to update the school details on their profile using this link -
http://gmatclub.com/forum/ucp.php?i=164

This will help all of us have access to much more accurate & meaningful stats...

Thanks!

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: War veteran & gallantry award winner.
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.81
WE: Other (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 6

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2011, 09:00
scorpionz wrote:
I had similar truncation issues wrt to my mailing address. I had that clarified with ad com before I submitted my app...It was being stored correctly but was simply not being displayed properly..

Prima facie our cases seem identical...However, I would strongly suggest you call up ad com and have each of these points clarified. The ad com office is very helpful and it shouldn't take you much time at all..

Thank you scorpionz. Yes, I guess I will call up the adcom today and ask if I need to be worried about this !! Haven't been able to get over this in the last 48hrs. I was kind off hoping that some fellow gclubber would give me the good news that it is all okay .... but i guess I am the only one facing such a peculiar situation!

tgtivyleague wrote:
Hi everyone,

Had a few queries wrt the application submission........made me nervous:

1. In the class rank box.... But the pdf shows - "top xx% from x" - clipping the no of peers by 99% (from 500 to 5)!!

2. The name of my college is pretty long.............. the pdf shows only about 60 charachters!

3. In the Work Experience section, ............I find that only 2.5 paras are seen. The rest seem to have vanished!

Now, I am just hoping that all three ............. that I had submitted those answers.

Anyone else in the same shoes? Should I call up the adcom and ask them about this?

Hi Guys ------Anyone else in the same shoes? Please lemme know if someone has an answer to this.

Regards ....
Sam
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2011, 11:09
Will someone who has submitted please do me a favor...

Log into the Booth Application website and 'Preview Application Proof' Check your GMAT score breakdown? Is it correct?

The 'Preview Application Proof' changed my quant score from a 47 to a 46. However, I just checked my original application proof (the one I printed when I submitted my application), and it shows the correct score, so it must be an error on their end.

Not sure if I should e-mail them about this or not. Kind of irritating that it's lowering my score for no reason!

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 104 [1] , given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2011, 11:19
This post received
KUDOS
MDF wrote:

Log into the Booth Application website and 'Preview Application Proof' Check your GMAT score breakdown? Is it correct?

The 'Preview Application Proof' changed my quant score from a 47 to a 46. However, I just checked my original application proof (the one I printed when I submitted my application), and it shows the correct score, so it must be an error on their end.

Not sure if I should e-mail them about this or not. Kind of irritating that it's lowering my score for no reason!

Just checked...All good for me..The same score is reflecting in my printed copy and on the website..

I would say give them a call & have it sorted out rightaway...If the score on the website is indeed not correct, it will not match with the official score report they receive from GMAC anyway...so rather than letting them come back to you for a clarification, better have this addressed and out of your way now itself!

Manager
Manager

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2011, 11:23
scorpionz wrote:
MDF wrote:

Just checked...All good for me..The same score is reflecting in my printed copy and on the website..

I would say give them a call & have it sorted out rightaway...If the score on the website is indeed not correct, it will not match with the official score report they receive from GMAC anyway...so rather than letting them come back to you for a clarification, better have this addressed and out of your way now itself!

In my case, the precentages do change, but not he score. Anyway, I realized from the beginning but thought it was normal.

Hope it helps!
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 17 Oct 2011, 11:23