Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 12:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2012
Posts: 17
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 06:33
On a lighter note, going to Booth also means that you might run into fabulous Fab... :-D
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-23/goldman-s-tourre-travels-to-rwanda-while-awaiting-trial.html
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 119
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 3

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2012, 17:36
A questions to all previously waitlisted admits: After being waitlisted is the admission rolling, meaning we can be admitted any time off a waitlist, or will all of us once again be notified a day before the R3 deadline (May 15)?

Thank you for the help!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2010
Posts: 57
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 05:15
metal wrote:
Well, congrats to all who got in, I am also in, it wasn't easy, yet, when I am looking at you on this site I honestly don't want to study with most (not all) of you - you are neither interesting or well experienced. I see you are talking about yourself, yet, almost none of you mention any hobbies or any meaningful charity or social work. To see if this school is good, I visited campus, took a tour, interviewed with a second year who was acting quite strange (I would expect better training of those who interview) and went one step further, I checked out profiles of few currently attending students from my country (since I am familiar with what "good" background is like) and I can say that whoever is making decisions in admission office at Booth are clueless about applicants from abroad. I am yet to make my decision on whether I want to attend or not but going through this experience I learned that at least as far as admission goes - it is a joke. Anyway, I may see you guys and study with you so won't leave any info about self here but get ready you bit..ess.


The best MBA people I ever met in campus visits, MBA events, alumni, and in businesses are Booth graduates. It is one of the best if not the best.

Last edited by oneyearmba on 10 Apr 2012, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 389
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 104 [0], given: 27

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 13:47
Just FYI..All posts by metal have been deleted and he/she has been banned.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 119
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 3

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2012, 15:39
I completely agree with the people who are being realistic after being placed on the waitlist in R2. The class is full (320 paid the first deposit in R1 and 460 admitted in R2) and will allow for WL to come in if R1 or R2 admitted students decide not to attend and don't pay second deposit.

Speaking of deposits, when are the R1 second deposit and R2 first deposit and second deposit dates?

Thank you.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Celebrating!
Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Posts: 75
Location: China
Concentration: Statistics, Finance
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Research (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 4

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2012, 19:28
riskylvrg wrote:
I completely agree with the people who are being realistic after being placed on the waitlist in R2. The class is full (320 paid the first deposit in R1 and 460 admitted in R2) and will allow for WL to come in if R1 or R2 admitted students decide not to attend and don't pay second deposit.

Speaking of deposits, when are the R1 second deposit and R2 first deposit and second deposit dates?

Thank you.


Where did you get the info on deposits?

Also, keep in mind that plenty of those people might have just put down a deposit in R1 to guarantee a position and might be accepting other offers R2. I wouldn't be surprised if up to 25% or even more would do that. Booth only requires an initial deposit of $1,000. It's not a huge committment.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 273
Location: In Limbo
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 10

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2012, 19:39
xzeppelin wrote:
riskylvrg wrote:
I completely agree with the people who are being realistic after being placed on the waitlist in R2. The class is full (320 paid the first deposit in R1 and 460 admitted in R2) and will allow for WL to come in if R1 or R2 admitted students decide not to attend and don't pay second deposit.

Speaking of deposits, when are the R1 second deposit and R2 first deposit and second deposit dates?

Thank you.


Where did you get the info on deposits?

Also, keep in mind that plenty of those people might have just put down a deposit in R1 to guarantee a position and might be accepting other offers R2. I wouldn't be surprised if up to 25% or even more would do that. Booth only requires an initial deposit of $1,000. It's not a huge committment.


Yeah, xzeppelin, that's what I was trying to say earlier. I think this is particularly true in round 1. 25% may be high but even if it's 15% that's another 50 sports or so. Congrats on you acceptance by the way.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 May 2011
Posts: 219
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2012, 19:47
Consulting2Finance wrote:
xzeppelin wrote:
riskylvrg wrote:
I completely agree with the people who are being realistic after being placed on the waitlist in R2. The class is full (320 paid the first deposit in R1 and 460 admitted in R2) and will allow for WL to come in if R1 or R2 admitted students decide not to attend and don't pay second deposit.

Speaking of deposits, when are the R1 second deposit and R2 first deposit and second deposit dates?

Thank you.


Where did you get the info on deposits?

Also, keep in mind that plenty of those people might have just put down a deposit in R1 to guarantee a position and might be accepting other offers R2. I wouldn't be surprised if up to 25% or even more would do that. Booth only requires an initial deposit of $1,000. It's not a huge committment.




If HBS (admissions director's blog) says they have around 50 spots for their WL, I would assume all other schools should have at LEAST more than 50. Excluding the weird Stanford.
Yeah, xzeppelin, that's what I was trying to say earlier. I think this is particularly true in round 1. 25% may be high but even if it's 15% that's another 50 sports or so. Congrats on you acceptance by the way.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Posts: 21
Schools: Booth '14 (D)
GMAT 1: 740 Q V0
GPA: 3.93
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 23:11
A question re reapplication. If I reapply next year, can I not to look for new LORs, but just leave what were submitted this year?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Decision Week!
Joined: 12 Oct 2011
Posts: 262
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.66
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 78 [0], given: 58

Premium Member
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2012, 05:12
NewMBAApplicant wrote:
A question re reapplication. If I reapply next year, can I not to look for new LORs, but just leave what were submitted this year?

Would you want to?
Perhaps its less work for you/your recommenders, but from what I understand showing growth between the first and second application is key, and your LORs can provide insight to that growth.
_________________

GMAT Story http://gmatclub.com/forum/100-point-improvements-they-are-possible-124223.html
Profile/School Status http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-40.html#p1028789

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Posts: 21
Schools: Booth '14 (D)
GMAT 1: 740 Q V0
GPA: 3.93
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2012, 04:10
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
NewMBAApplicant wrote:
A question re reapplication. If I reapply next year, can I not to look for new LORs, but just leave what were submitted this year?

Would you want to?
Perhaps its less work for you/your recommenders, but from what I understand showing growth between the first and second application is key, and your LORs can provide insight to that growth.

in the current point in time I would want to leave the LORs unchanged, since I think that my relationships can spoil over the next year given that I've announced my decision to leave for MBA. But probably it's better to wait until the next season and to reassess my position within the current employer.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Mar 2012
Posts: 17
Schools: HKUST
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 09:42
Anyone received interview invites for R3?
VP
VP
User avatar
Status: Current Student
Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Posts: 1346
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 401 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 10:34
teroc wrote:
Anyone received interview invites for R3?

You might be our lone R3 applicant. When did Booth say the invite window is?
_________________

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com
Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 5
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 10:52
I'm in for R3 too, haven't heard anything as yet. They should be sending out invites between today and April 25th. Fingers and toes crossed!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Posts: 15
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 12:11
I´m a round 3 applicant as well....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 389
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 104 [0], given: 27

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 13:02
For the unaware R1 & R2 admits, please click HERE to access the Booth 2012 Admits thread.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2012, 21:26
any R3 update?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2007
Posts: 154
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 14

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2012, 13:53
for those of you who are also admitted to kellogg... how are you guys splitting up your admit weekends (if you guys plan to attend both)?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Mar 2012
Posts: 17
Schools: HKUST
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2012, 05:11
any R3 interview invites?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2012
Posts: 61
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2012, 07:26
Once invited to interview in r3 what do u think about the odds of getting in...i guess they should be better vs r1 and r2 invites dont u think?

They have prety much their classes full so if they actually invite you that might mean they want you or your profile...

any thoughts?
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 17 Apr 2012, 07:26
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
369 Experts publish their posts in the topic Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants PTK 2319 08 Jul 2011, 07:07
42 Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants scorpionz 429 16 Dec 2011, 17:48
Booth Part-time 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 0 08 Sep 2011, 01:35
699 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! staind 3692 07 Jul 2010, 17:48
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  109   110   111   112   113  ...  116    Next  [ 2320 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.