Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 06:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 20 [1] , given: 13

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2011, 08:08
This post received
KUDOS
srinathreddy wrote:
I just spoke to the admissions representative and I was told that the interview invites will start going out next week. Hope my name will be in one of those "invited for interview" files.

Thanks for this update, now I can delay my freaking out by a few days. :shock:
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 98 [1] , given: 53

Reviews Badge
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2011, 09:42
This post received
KUDOS
mayansd wrote:
Michmax3 wrote:
Hey guys, good luck on your applications... let me know if you have any questions about Booth from a current student!

Hi Michmax,

Online info says there is little community development among students. (http://poetsandquants.com/2010/07/02/ch ... gg-school/) due to lack of core curriculum or concept of cohort. What has been your personal experience regarding collaboration among students?

PS: I am international applicant so can't visit Booth campus. anxiously checking booth website for any admissions event in India.

I think this is a terrible rumor, not sure why people think this. There is a cohort system in the beginning, and the social events with your cohort continue as long as you want them to. Booth has the GBC which exists to keep the cohort bonding going. But you also get plenty of chances to meet everyone else in the other cohorts.

There are also plenty of sub-groups you belong to, depending on if you did a random walk (you'll have reunions with your group), what you're recruiting for, you'll be prepping with these people and attending all the same events. Usually people have some sort of bonding group with others from the same place or school. It's really up to you. I would say the one thing I wished I did was get a roommate, because I'm someone that really likes to host parties, and my place alone is a bit small for that and it's a lot easier to make plans with another person. But I may change my mind on that as we get further into the year.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 7

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 06:12
This post received
KUDOS
kt780 wrote:
9:05 cst is the time when all invites go out for a particular day .. Post that no need to check mail ..

Posted from my mobile device Image

I'm not sure that 9:05am is definitely the time of interview notification emails this year. Booth changed up their notification schedule this year, so they may have changed the time of notification as well. Last year, invites started going out 2 weeks before the mid-decision date. This year, we're one week from the mid-decision date and invites have not gone out.

Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the application software was different for applicants this year, so Booth may have revamped the entire admissions software suit.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
Schools: NYU (Stern) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 4

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 06:41
This post received
KUDOS
Nothing??!!! No-one??
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.08

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 3

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 07:43
This post received
KUDOS
I heard from a member of DSAC that most invites will go out closer to November 9th. Probably not worth getting excited about anything until then.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Manufacturing
WE 2: Analytics

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 14

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 08:04
This post received
KUDOS
Historically Booth's interview invites have been spread over 2 weeks...i am a re-applicant and was WLed last year...the maximum invites came 3-4 days before the mid decision date...i still feel Booth will start sending out invites from wed onwards..Wed is their fav day somehow :)
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: War veteran & gallantry award winner.
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.81
WE: Other (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 36 [1] , given: 6

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 20:15
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Guys,

Well, I guess its that time of the year when speculations and rumours take precedence over logic and self-confidence! :) And courtesy the admission cycle calender, its gonna happen twice (and more for some candidates) every cycle.

As one of the older member (age-wise!) of the gang, my only piece of advice would be to DISTRACT your mind away from this ..... Maybe shock your Boss by asking him for more work when he/she leaves for home in the evening (as if we weren't already knee-deep in work :cry: ) or maybe, have the self-confidence and start preparing for your interviews. I know I have started a little on that. It doesn't matter if I don't make the cut, atleast I know I would have been prepared, had the adcom had faith in my would-be contribution at Booth as much as I have in it! 8-)

Having said that, I know its not easy AT ALL. While I do avoid sitting on the internet and this Gclub Booth thread in particular, I can't help myself but check it once a day :oops:. So, lets just keep our anxiety in check and hope for the best.

My take on the dates though is this:
Booth has specifically written on its website that 9th Nov is going to be the mid-decision (interview) date. So, we are reasonably sure of that (although there can never be a 100% surety, and all it takes is a one-liner post by the adcom informing about the same on their website!).
So, logically, I would presume the first wave one week prior to that day. 2nd Nov. I may be totally wrong, but just my $0.02 for all those mathematical/finance experts, who are trying to decipher the science of this B-School interview model! :P
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 06:05
This post received
KUDOS
SonyRemote wrote:
Given that we're less than one week removed from the mid-decision deadline, it's quite possible that Booth will release all interview invites at once. :)

Aren't you the person who said you spoke on the phone with the adcom and they told you November 1st?
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 104 [1] , given: 27

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 06:56
This post received
KUDOS
So anyone received an invite yet or can we now safely disregard the "Wednesday 9:05 CT favorite" philosophy?? :)

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 07:16
This post received
KUDOS
arcticwolf12 wrote:
scorpionz wrote:
So anyone received an invite yet or can we now safely disregard the "Wednesday 9:05 CT favorite" philosophy?? :)

Nothing yet.

Nothing here...seems safe to assume that all bets are off when it comes to Booth interview notification this round.

While I don't care when the actual notification comes, it would provide some relief just to know whether they're rolling out invites over the next week, or if 11/9 really is D-Day.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 2

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 09:00
This post received
KUDOS
nycbiker wrote:
MDF wrote:
I got an email from Booth today with the subtitle "Your Invited!"

Unfortunately it was for some Booth Live marketing event :(

My heart was beating fast there for a moment.

Dude, I saw the first line of your email and my heat was beating fast....I think I am going to stop looking at this forum and get back to work.

Its funny, my productivity level during my GMAT and even applications was very high. Now that its coming to wait for interview invites....my ability to focus has gone down tremendously. I just cant help but check my personal email every 5 minutes and this blog. I think I am going to need to go to the gym and get my mind off of the WHEN WILL HEAR back syndrome that goes around this time of year.

Good luck to you all!

tell me about it!
I was whining so much during the GMAT and essay writting because I was working 80hours per week and simply couldn't find free time to work on my application. Now I am not so busy, at least not enough to keep my mind away from checking compulsively personal email/spams/forums and obviously the application website itself...
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V45
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 09:26
This post received
KUDOS
Wow. Everybody is theorizing. Clear case of Anksietis.

My take: Around 200 candidates applied and they are planning to give everyone an admit on Dec 14th.
Anyone buying?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 2

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 10:57
This post received
KUDOS
jessikins231 wrote:
I just got an invite! Thank. God. So happy right now.

Congratulations!

How were you notified? Email, website, phone call, carrier pigeon?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 11:42
This post received
KUDOS
ls413 wrote:
jessikins231 wrote:
I just got an invite! Thank. God. So happy right now.

Congrats jessikins231! Would you mind sharing your profile?

I got the invite as well!!!! I checked my status few minutes after 2:00pm CT and saw that I had an update -- email followed about 5 minutes later.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 06:12
This post received
KUDOS
Just got my invite! Time stamp 10:10 AM ET.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q44 V50
GPA: 3.76
WE: Science (Other)

Kudos [?]: 20 [1] , given: 4

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 06:14
This post received
KUDOS
I just got an interview invite! Timestamp 10:10 am Thursday Nov 3rd.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q44 V50
GPA: 3.76
WE: Science (Other)

Kudos [?]: 20 [1] , given: 4

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 06:35
This post received
KUDOS
Oh if anyone is interested, I submitted my application on Oct 10. I really doubt there is any correlation with submit time and interview invites, I think adcom member just works through the stack they are given.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 06:36
This post received
KUDOS
Got an invite at 9:10am Chicago time. I believe I submitted on 10/10.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.47

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 06:40
This post received
KUDOS
Just got invited! I am really happy and wish the best of luck for all of you guys!

South America
GMAT: 720
WE: 7 years
Submitted on October 11.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE: Other (Other)

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 1

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 06:45
This post received
KUDOS
I got an invite at 1010 est today. I submitted my application on Oct 10th. The 'F5' key can finally take a break...

Good luck everyone

Sent from my Slapchop

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 03 Nov 2011, 06:45