Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 12:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Columbia 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Essays writing
Joined: 16 Apr 2011
Posts: 75
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE: Research (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 19:05
1
This post received
KUDOS
I am also planning to CBS. Post mba focus-Healthcare industry. Is anyone on this board know about CBS healthcare domain?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2009
Posts: 36
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 19:17
1
This post received
KUDOS
I am in for the Jan4 deadline
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 May 2011
Posts: 1
Schools: Columbia, Wharton, Booth, Yale, Dartmouth
WE 1: US Govt - Bank Regulation
WE 2: Securities Regulation
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 05:06
Count me in for Early Decision
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 May 2010
Posts: 301
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 06:36
I am in for Round 1.

Anyone else find it odd that CBS is actually telling you what to say in the Short Answer? I would imagine that if applicants are willing to spend $150K and two years of lost income on an MBA they would know what their professional goals are and wouldn't need an example from the school. I find this spoon-feeding a bit off-putting. But then CBS is a dream school so I don't care!
_________________

If you like my post, consider giving me KUDOS!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Posts: 23
Location: Mexico
Schools: Stanford, HBS, Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, LBS, Kellogg
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 09:18
gijoedude wrote:
I am in for Round 1.

Anyone else find it odd that CBS is actually telling you what to say in the Short Answer? I would imagine that if applicants are willing to spend $150K and two years of lost income on an MBA they would know what their professional goals are and wouldn't need an example from the school. I find this spoon-feeding a bit off-putting. But then CBS is a dream school so I don't care!


I figure it's their preemptive response to the perhaps frequent "How in the world could I describe my amazing goals in just 200 characters? I wouldn't know where to start, or what to leave out!"
Current Student
User avatar
Affiliations: CFA
Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 385
Location: United States (NY)
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V43
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 63

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 22 May 2011, 20:40
hcueva wrote:
gijoedude wrote:
I am in for Round 1.

Anyone else find it odd that CBS is actually telling you what to say in the Short Answer? I would imagine that if applicants are willing to spend $150K and two years of lost income on an MBA they would know what their professional goals are and wouldn't need an example from the school. I find this spoon-feeding a bit off-putting. But then CBS is a dream school so I don't care!


I figure it's their preemptive response to the perhaps frequent "How in the world could I describe my amazing goals in just 200 characters? I wouldn't know where to start, or what to leave out!"


Yeah -- I imagine if a couple of examples will save them from fielding a few hundred phone calls to admissions with clarifying questions or having to call dozens of otherwise great applicants that just mis-interpreted this specific part of the application process simply to see what they really meant, then it is a pretty decent investment in space on the website.
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Sep 2010
Posts: 75
Location: Israel
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 670 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 23 May 2011, 08:02
Hey people.

I am in for ED! Started my research...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 488
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 25 May 2011, 11:21
CBS e-mails your specified recommenders with directions as to how to complete the LOR.

So I'm wondering...

Does CBS provide recommenders with a list of questions to be answered in an external word document and then uploaded online? Or maybe mailed to CBS?

Or does CBS simply send the recommenders a link where they enter their responses online in a text box?

Any idea?
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2011
Posts: 14
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 22:49
Any news? they opened the online application on May 11st, a friend of mine submitted app for 2012 J term on May 12nd and his status became under review June 1st, same date as last year...
anyone got interview invitation yet?

I am still working on essays
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2011
Posts: 14
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2011, 15:31
why this year, Columbia prospects are so quiet?
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 488
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 76 [1] , given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2011, 16:31
1
This post received
KUDOS
nimabi wrote:
Any news? they opened the online application on May 11st, a friend of mine submitted app for 2012 J term on May 12nd and his status became under review June 1st, same date as last year...
anyone got interview invitation yet?

I am still working on essays


I'm about two weeks in on essay #1 and #2. I should be done with everything by the end of the month.

However, I'll probably have to wait on my recommenders before I hit submit. I just lined them up last week and gave them a deadline of mid-July.

I'm really really starting to think about doing ED...
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Posts: 51
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2011, 14:56
Can you apply in October even if you're not ED?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Posts: 23
Location: Mexico
Schools: Stanford, HBS, Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, LBS, Kellogg
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2011, 07:40
marymary wrote:
Can you apply in October even if you're not ED?


Yeh, apparently the application "went live", all of them.

I'm planning on sending the app in September, and I'm applying for August 2012, RD.
VP
VP
User avatar
Status: Current Student
Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Posts: 1346
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 400 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 05:22
I'm in for August 2012. I know the advice with CBS is to apply early. However, I've also heard that getting your app submitted by August/September doesn't matter if you're not applying ED. In fact I read that they won't look at the app anyways until December and it might even look bad to apply so early without going ED. Any concensus?
_________________

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com
Image

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Bring the Rain
Joined: 17 Aug 2010
Posts: 408
Location: United States (MD)
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.13
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 46

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 05:29
I'm also officially in for August Regular Decision.
_________________

Go Blue!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2010
Posts: 53
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 05:39
I am also in for 2012
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2010
Posts: 91
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
GPA: 3.91
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 10

Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 14:24
cheetarah1980 wrote:
I'm in for August 2012. I know the advice with CBS is to apply early. However, I've also heard that getting your app submitted by August/September doesn't matter if you're not applying ED. In fact I read that they won't look at the app anyways until December and it might even look bad to apply so early without going ED. Any concensus?


Count me in for Regular Decision for Fall 2012. I'll probably submit my application in Oct or Nov of 2011.

I went to an info session on campus and if I heard correctly, they said that for Regular Decision they don't start looking at the applications until December. So I'm sure you could submit by the ED deadline but I wouldn't expect to hear much from them until after the ED folks are mostly taken care of.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Posts: 23
Location: Mexico
Schools: Stanford, HBS, Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, LBS, Kellogg
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 15:22
hogwarts wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
I'm in for August 2012. I know the advice with CBS is to apply early. However, I've also heard that getting your app submitted by August/September doesn't matter if you're not applying ED. In fact I read that they won't look at the app anyways until December and it might even look bad to apply so early without going ED. Any concensus?


Count me in for Regular Decision for Fall 2012. I'll probably submit my application in Oct or Nov of 2011.

I went to an info session on campus and if I heard correctly, they said that for Regular Decision they don't start looking at the applications until December. So I'm sure you could submit by the ED deadline but I wouldn't expect to hear much from them until after the ED folks are mostly taken care of.


The thing is, though, that once they start reviewing RD applicants, you're gonna come first because you applied in October (vs. a guy that applied in December).

I don't know this for a fact, but this is what I've always understood of "rolling admissions". It doesn't mean they answer you straight away, but it does mean that, statistically, they'll answer you before someone who applied one month later.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Jun 2009
Posts: 13
Location: New York
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2011, 21:05
In for ED. Hoping to get into its value investing program. Anyone interested in this program as well and know how competitive is it to get in (I know it admits 40 students annually)?

Looking at GMAT scores for people on this thread makes me think I will have a hard time to get in. :lol: The only plus I have is that I am a Columbia alum (got my masters in a quantitative field). Wait...is it a plus? :-D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2010
Posts: 29
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!! [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2011, 10:33
Count me in ED! :)
_________________

Kudos me if you like this post!! :)

Re: Calling All 2012 Columbia GSB Applicants !!!   [#permalink] 08 Jun 2011, 10:33
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
424 Experts publish their posts in the topic Columbia 2012 - Calling All Applicants losttraveler 3404 02 May 2011, 21:22
Columbia 2012 - Calling All Waitlisters Gumbymc 16 29 Feb 2012, 07:40
1 Columbia J-Term 2012 - Calling All Applicants losttraveler 6 07 Sep 2011, 01:52
Calling all Columbia EMBA Applicants billyreich 0 01 Nov 2009, 17:18
31 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Columbia Applicants for 2009! sterny 1167 28 Apr 2008, 06:39
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Columbia 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  171    Next  [ 3405 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.