Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 06:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Applying
Joined: 18 Jul 2009
Posts: 159
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.65
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2012, 04:51
Hey guys!!

Has anyone admitted in R2 got the admission packet already?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 176
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2012, 09:16
AshForGMAT wrote:
Hey guys!!

Has anyone admitted in R2 got the admission packet already?


I received mine early last week...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2012, 09:53
RG0105 wrote:
AshForGMAT wrote:
Hey guys!!

Has anyone admitted in R2 got the admission packet already?


I received mine early last week...


I received mine on Friday, 2/10.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Aug 2010
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GPA: 3.98
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 5

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2012, 15:08
DrLove862 wrote:
RG0105 wrote:
AshForGMAT wrote:
Hey guys!!

Has anyone admitted in R2 got the admission packet already?


I received mine early last week...


I received mine on Friday, 2/10.


I also received mine on 2/10
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Aug 2010
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V39
GPA: 3.98
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [2] , given: 5

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2012, 15:43
2
This post received
KUDOS
RG0105 wrote:
I still need to make a trip to Chapel Hill (never even been to NC)...for all of you guys that have interviewed on campus or have just visited, what was your general perception of UNC compared to maybe some other schools you've been to? Anything notable that stood out?


I've been out to Chapel Hill twice - once just for a campus visit and then again for my interview. I really like the area. Chapel Hill has that classic American college town feel to it, and is a little off the beaten path, but probably about 20 minutes from the airport. The research triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) seems to be a thriving and vibrant area and I think has a positive feel to it. Franklin street in Chapel Hill has a unique variety of restaurant and bars and seems to be the hang out location.

Not sure where you are coming from, but on my first time visit I couldn't help but notice how dark it is at night. I guess I am not really used to driving where there aren't lights everywhere! It was kind of funny because that was my absolute first impression of the area (I arrived in the evening).

As for the business school itself - the McColl building is fairly new. I believe it was built in 1997 and the facilities are similar to what you would find at most other top business schools in terms of classrooms, technology, etc.

I found the students to be very welcoming and spoke very positively about the school (this has been true of most other schools I have visited). I'm not sure how your interview was, but mine was laid back and I would say that was the general vibe I got from the school. It is a pretty small program and heavily focused on teamwork and leadership (I'm sure you already know that). I would say the leadership focus at KFBS is stronger than any of the other programs I have looked at.

Are you planning on visiting?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Essays writing
Joined: 16 Apr 2011
Posts: 75
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE: Research (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 10:10
R3 admits-- When you guys had your interview?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 176
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 15:47
aln4407 wrote:
I've been out to Chapel Hill twice - once just for a campus visit and then again for my interview. I really like the area. Chapel Hill has that classic American college town feel to it, and is a little off the beaten path, but probably about 20 minutes from the airport. The research triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) seems to be a thriving and vibrant area and I think has a positive feel to it. Franklin street in Chapel Hill has a unique variety of restaurant and bars and seems to be the hang out location.

Not sure where you are coming from, but on my first time visit I couldn't help but notice how dark it is at night. I guess I am not really used to driving where there aren't lights everywhere! It was kind of funny because that was my absolute first impression of the area (I arrived in the evening).

As for the business school itself - the McColl building is fairly new. I believe it was built in 1997 and the facilities are similar to what you would find at most other top business schools in terms of classrooms, technology, etc.

I found the students to be very welcoming and spoke very positively about the school (this has been true of most other schools I have visited). I'm not sure how your interview was, but mine was laid back and I would say that was the general vibe I got from the school. It is a pretty small program and heavily focused on teamwork and leadership (I'm sure you already know that). I would say the leadership focus at KFBS is stronger than any of the other programs I have looked at.

Are you planning on visiting?


Thanks for sharing your experiences...I do plan on making it out there in March (will probably plan it out this week). I keep hearing from students that they chose KFBS because it offered one of the more balanced MBA programs in terms of quality academics but not cut-throat competition, so I can sense the laid-back vibe. I've also lived in big cities my entire life and Chapel Hill sounds like a nice place to "escape" to for a couple of years.

I did a phone interview, but it was definitely pretty conversational and probably one of the least stressful ones I've been through.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2012, 15:51
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hey everyone- I am trying to decide between enrolling in UNC or Emory's full time MBA program in the fall and would appreciate anyone's opinion on what I should do. I am interested in pursuing consulting, post-MBA. I feel that UNC or Emory would allow me to transition into consulting (I believe Emory places lots of graduates into consulting in Atlanta). However, I feel that UNC has a better known MBA program and may allow more opportunities long-term. Also, if by chance I arrive at school and decide to try something other than consulting I think UNC's program would allow more flexibility to try something else. I also feel I would be able to make better connections, long-term, by attending UNC. Emory is obviously in Atlanta, which is a positive. I would appreciate anyone's input. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 176
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2012, 16:31
abk8486 wrote:
Hey everyone- I am trying to decide between enrolling in UNC or Emory's full time MBA program in the fall and would appreciate anyone's opinion on what I should do. I am interested in pursuing consulting, post-MBA. I feel that UNC or Emory would allow me to transition into consulting (I believe Emory places lots of graduates into consulting in Atlanta). However, I feel that UNC has a better known MBA program and may allow more opportunities long-term. Also, if by chance I arrive at school and decide to try something other than consulting I think UNC's program would allow more flexibility to try something else. I also feel I would be able to make better connections, long-term, by attending UNC. Emory is obviously in Atlanta, which is a positive. I would appreciate anyone's input. Thanks.


They're fairly similar programs (in terms of rankings/tiers) - although after glancing at their employment reports, Emory seems to place better in consulting. Both are going to be strong in the Southeast...I'd say fit and your personal financial situation would probably be the major factors in deciding. I know the UNC network is pretty impressive...don't know enough about Emory.

(This is solely based on roughly 5 mins of quick research, so obviously don't take my opinion too seriously.)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Sep 2009
Posts: 101
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 00:26
Emory owns Altanta. Also, it's better for you networking there. Any $ difference? If not, take Emory and never look back.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 05:01
Thanks for the replies. Emory is offering $ while UNC is not. Being that I would be an out of state student at UNC I have definitely taken this into account. Maybe Emory places more graduates into consulting because more students go there that want to focus on that? Would you agree that either school would equally allow you to transition into consulting as long as that is your focus?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Sep 2009
Posts: 101
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 05:42
They are about equal, but in Atlanta, Emory has an edge over UNC location-wise. And, now with the $, I think Emory is the right decision here.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 176
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 10:33
If you want to be in Atlanta after you finish, Emory seems like the best option.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Essays writing
Joined: 16 Apr 2011
Posts: 75
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE: Research (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 19:06
My application status says NO Status Found. Any idea what does this mean?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 176
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 21:51
app2012 wrote:
My application status says NO Status Found. Any idea what does this mean?


That happened to me a few weeks before I got my decision...it doesn't really mean anything...eventually it will revert back to whatever it showed before (submitted/under review).
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Posts: 230
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 03:19
Can anyone share their interview experience? Sorry to ask again but gotta webcam meetup coming up..... donno what to expect. Any oddball questions? anything to watch out for?? any tips/pointers???
_________________

Eat like a Pig, Lift like a Demon & Sleep like Dead.............

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 49
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 4

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 07:49
devansh_god wrote:
Can anyone share their interview experience? Sorry to ask again but gotta webcam meetup coming up..... donno what to expect. Any oddball questions? anything to watch out for?? any tips/pointers???


Is yours gonna be a blind interview? When I had my interview, the typical questions (self-introduction, why MBA, why KFBS, example of teamwork, leadership experience) were asked. It's unlikely that they will ask you very probing questions bc the school only wants to assess several general areas. Essentially, I think the adcom would like to know how successful you will be at future job interviews. If you can sell yourself well, I think you will stand a great chance. Your GMAT score is definitely gonna work in your favor. All the best, devansh_god :-D
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Posts: 230
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 22:30
slumdog1000000 wrote:
devansh_god wrote:
Can anyone share their interview experience? Sorry to ask again but gotta webcam meetup coming up..... donno what to expect. Any oddball questions? anything to watch out for?? any tips/pointers???


Is yours gonna be a blind interview? When I had my interview, the typical questions (self-introduction, why MBA, why KFBS, example of teamwork, leadership experience) were asked. It's unlikely that they will ask you very probing questions bc the school only wants to assess several general areas. Essentially, I think the adcom would like to know how successful you will be at future job interviews. If you can sell yourself well, I think you will stand a great chance. Your GMAT score is definitely gonna work in your favor. All the best, devansh_god :-D


Cheers m8!! thnx for the motivation.... :-D
_________________

Eat like a Pig, Lift like a Demon & Sleep like Dead.............

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Posts: 53
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2012, 14:14
Guys,

I had applied in R2 and got waitlisted after an interview. I have already expressed my interest to continue my consideration using the link sent to me in the decision email.

I plan to send a document and email highlighting how I'm fit and would contribute to the school. Any other suggestions on the waitlist strategy? How many of the waitlisted students last year were converted into admits?

When they say that waitlisted candidates will be evaluated again in the subsequent round, is the application read by a different person who hasn't seen before or just keep comparing the notes with those from other candidates files?

Thanks guys.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2012, 08:07
reach2bhush wrote:
Guys,

I had applied in R2 and got waitlisted after an interview. I have already expressed my interest to continue my consideration using the link sent to me in the decision email.

I plan to send a document and email highlighting how I'm fit and would contribute to the school. Any other suggestions on the waitlist strategy? How many of the waitlisted students last year were converted into admits?

When they say that waitlisted candidates will be evaluated again in the subsequent round, is the application read by a different person who hasn't seen before or just keep comparing the notes with those from other candidates files?

Thanks guys.


Your waitlist strategy is a good one. I would also evaluate your application critically and see where your biggest weak points are. If those areas have had any improvement, I would talk about that. If there have not been any improvements but you believe you can improve upon them within the next few months, I would work on those areas and then send an update.
Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 28 Feb 2012, 08:07
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
18 Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants subhashghosh 405 19 Jul 2011, 03:31
12 Experts publish their posts in the topic Kenan-Flagler (UNC) 2013- Calling all applicants nktdotgupta 269 05 Oct 2012, 22:01
19 Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! mba20thirteen 722 10 Aug 2010, 09:42
11 Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants Class2012 368 14 Jul 2009, 07:24
8 Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants nervousgmat 191 16 Aug 2007, 06:16
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  21    Next  [ 406 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.