Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 06:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2011, 00:51
Guys any international applicant applying in the EA round has scheduled his/her telephonic interview or interview via skype as of yet. As it seems one can schedule their interview after paying the application fees.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS, Booth, UNC,ISB
WE 1: Software Develoment
WE 2: Derivative Trader

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2011, 22:47
I submitted my Application yesterday. I have already had my interviews done when Sherry Wallace( Admission Director) was visiting India. Anyone on the same boat?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2011, 07:40
Any women on the boards attending the Women's Workshop November 11-12?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 7

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2011, 03:47
washingtondc627 wrote:
In case anyone has any questions about KF's early action binding/non-binding issue, I called their admissions office just now and asked a few questions. I wrote an email to my admissions consultant (she helped me with two other schools, not KF) recapping what KF's admissions office told me so that perhaps they could use that info to answer other clients' questions on the same issue. The meat of the email is below. Hope it helps you all out as well:

- I asked if KF EA is binding, and was told that it is NOT binding, but you just have to submit your deposit earlier than normal (so that kind of inherently/unofficially makes it binding depending on your other schools' decision dates). In my case, it wouldn't matter since [school x]/[school y] both release their decisions around the same time as KF.

- I asked if, while there is no legally binding aspect (think college early decision or Fuqua/Columbia), there is an ethical issue with applying EA to KF and then going elsewhere if you are accepted. This is where it gets interesting: she said no, there is no legal OR ethical implication/issue, but nevertheless if you are considering other schools along with KF then you should apply in the December round. Basically, don't apply EA to KF unless it's your 100%, no questions asked #1 choice. Seems pretty subjective and as if there's a bit of wiggle room, but I guess if someone is concerned with "doing the right thing" then they should not apply EA to KF unless they'd enroll upon acceptance without batting an eye.

- I asked if EA increases your chances of getting in vs. December round (I know they can't give a straight answer but I couldn't help myself from asking) and she said that she can't really answer that but also that it shouldn't have a significant effect.

- Lastly, for people (such as myself) who occasionally look to media outlets such as GMATClub.com or other forums for random advice or thoughts on applications: I asked about a story I read about someone getting into KF EA, then finding out that all his other applications were automatically withdrawn because KF's adcomm contacted the other schools. She laughed and said no way that's true, and that they do not contact other schools or force you to withdraw apps or anything else. She said nothing like that happens.

Lastly, and for what it's worth, I decided that I am most likely going to avoid any potential moral/ethical hangovers and just apply in the December round, even though my app is ready to go for EA...

Thanks, pretty comprehensive. I also mailed some questions on the similar lines and decided to move my app to the next round. Well when every B school places so much emphasis on ethics, why not lead by example !!

CheerS!

I was born intelligent but education ruined me !

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2011, 09:20
Anyone officially in for R1? Planning on R2?

FWIW, the thread last year seems to have been a bit more active than this year. Looks like it had ~2x the posts at this point last year.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Investment Banking (Venture Capital)

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 22

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2011, 09:25

Last edited by washingtondc627 on 05 Jan 2012, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2011, 09:41
Planning for R2. I have my interview on November 11 and will be taking the GMAT on November 19.

washingtondc657 - I would love to hear about your interview after next week. Good luck!

Last edited by sewcrafty on 27 Oct 2011, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Human Resources (Retail Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2011, 12:36
Guys,

Need some real quick advice!

Here is my profile:
GMAT: 740 V 41 Q 49 AWA 5
Acads: 79% Bcomm
Work Ex: with a BPO company (3 yrs by Fall 2012 + 2 yrs Part time)
extra curricular: Decent (BTW, I cant tell you what decent is?)
Community: Decent
Job profile: Training process owner for a dept of ~80 employees. Responsible for Learning development function, performance improvement, training, feedback, people development, etc.
Career goal: Entrepreneurship in BPO industry

Do you think KF will be a good fit considering my profile? Please tell me anything/everything that you know about this school.

Cheers, Shajji.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Investment Banking (Venture Capital)

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 22

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 05:21

Last edited by washingtondc627 on 05 Jan 2012, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 16:20
@abagnale11 , can you please share your profile? I also interviewed with Sherry when she visited bangalore MBA fair on 28th Sept. Where and when did you interview? Waiting for the decision , anxiously.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 16:24
shajji wrote:
Guys,

Need some real quick advice!

Here is my profile:
GMAT: 740 V 41 Q 49 AWA 5
Acads: 79% Bcomm
Work Ex: with a BPO company (3 yrs by Fall 2012 + 2 yrs Part time)
extra curricular: Decent (BTW, I cant tell you what decent is?)
Community: Decent
Job profile: Training process owner for a dept of ~80 employees. Responsible for Learning development function, performance improvement, training, feedback, people development, etc.
Career goal: Entrepreneurship in BPO industry

Do you think KF will be a good fit considering my profile? Please tell me anything/everything that you know about this school.

Cheers, Shajji.

If entrepreneurship is really (lets be frank here, people lie about it, for reasons....) your aim , and in BPO idustry, then UNC is not fit for you. Babson , UCLA , MIT, stanford , UCSD will be the programs for you.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS, Booth, UNC,ISB
WE 1: Software Develoment
WE 2: Derivative Trader

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 14:20
prakash419 wrote:
@abagnale11 , can you please share your profile? I also interviewed with Sherry when she visited bangalore MBA fair on 28th Sept. Where and when did you interview? Waiting for the decision , anxiously.

GMAT -700/ 6 yrs/ Finance(Fixed income/Interest Rates Derivatives)

I was interviewed on 27th Sept in New Delhi
Intern
Intern

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2011, 08:22
Quick question about UNC's online application:

Is there any way to edit your resume after it has been uploaded? I haven't submitted the application yet, but want to make one change to the uploaded resume. I only see a button for uploading another document. Wouldn't want to have two different versions uploaded at the same time.

Any clues? Much appreciated.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2011, 19:14
Usually you can email the admissions office with your new resume and they'll update it in the system for you. Also, this is a good chance to showcase additional improvements in your profile between submission and decision times.
Intern
Intern

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2011, 19:15
Anyone on here applying to the EMBA program at UNC? I'm applying to the evening EMBA program starting August 2012. I'd be interested in anyone's experiences going through the interview and thoughts on maximizing chances with experience years on the low side.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Consulting (Commercial Banking)

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2011, 09:45
i have one question..is r3 (jan deadline) same as r2 of other schools?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2011, 09:46
giitm wrote:
i have one question..is r3 (jan deadline) same as r2 of other schools?

Yes, because R1 is their Early Action round.

Application Profile: http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-20.html#p1009999

Application Story - The Third Quadrant Applicant: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-third-quadrant-applicant-125929.html#p1027642

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q V

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2011, 21:04
Hi All - I'm just starting to evaluate UNC as a potential MBA program. I see that any applicant can self-schedule an interview with an admissions rep. The webpage also indicates that "When you are invited to interview, you will also be given the opportunity to select a class visit, lunch with current students and a tour of the business school."

I'm trying to understand how this works. Are the self-scheduled and invitation interviews two different things? If you aren't invited, can you schedule one anyway? It seems like this would be administratively burdensome for the school.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2011, 07:51
Guys,

The "Employment History" section says: Please list all previous full-time employment beginning with your most recent position.

I have been with the same company since I started working. So do I need to fill in the details for each role?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2011, 14:58
Inside UNC Kenan Flagler's Admissions Office - What happens when you click that "submit" button?

UNC Kenan-Flagler's Director of MBA Admissions Sherry Wallace - I am someone who strongly believes in demystifying the application process for prospective candidates. There is no advantage in our selection process if applicants feel like they are in the dark. We want you to know how that work is put to use. We even did a video tour of the admissions office on YouTube. Applicants also seem to respect the admissions process more when they know how diverse the admissions committee is. We have representation from administration, finance, consulting, retail and more who are part of the review team.

Back to how the application process works. Once applicants submit their applications through our online system, we have a team of people whose job it is to let applicants know what we’ve received and what’s missing. At any point after the evaluation process begins applicants might get an invitation to interview. In general, we have a policy so not everyone is invited to interview. Also, some applicants might get invited very early, while other applicants will get invited very late and some won’t receive an invitation at all.... read more

Last edited by bizschoolprep on 29 Dec 2011, 02:17, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Kenan-Flagler 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 28 Nov 2011, 14:58