Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 19:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 10:53
Anybody interview with Stern yet? I have mine next week - any helpful insights would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 11:32
In terms of the recommendations, does anyone know what format they are in? Do they ask the recommender to write a letter with specific parameters, or do they have short answer boxes? My recommender is hesitant to commit because she wants to know the format. And also, does each school ask different questions? Or are there simply two letters of recommendation needed for all schools?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE: Human Resources (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 12:45
This post received
KUDOS
Got a call from Yale -- got in and got the Consortium Fellowship! Not sure how many they give out at Yale each year, but feeling pretty darn grateful.
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 13:05
speedyb09 wrote:
Got a call from Yale -- got in and got the Consortium Fellowship! Not sure how many they give out at Yale each year, but feeling pretty darn grateful.

Congrats!
Intern
Intern
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 15:53
Interview Invite for UCLA :-D
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 13

Premium Member
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 16:23
Accepted to Yale!

Posted from my mobile device Image

Advice, Musings, and Experiences from a member of the HBS Class of 2016
- What questions to ask admissions officers
- 5 Things to do Now to Prepare for Round 1 applications
http://DefyingGravityMBA.blogspot.com/

BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 16:24
speedyb09 wrote:

Congrats on the fellowship! That's amazing.

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2013, 21:00
Congrats Speedy! Thats incredible news.

Gang, I know this has been covered many times in the past on this forum, but at what point do we find out about fellowships? It looks like in years past, all schools would conduct the 'draft' to determine who they want to offer the fellowship, but this year looks a bit different since some folks receive the fellowship on their admit call.

Could anyone throw some light onto this?
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2013, 04:47
If you ranked a school #1, some are going to let you know about the fellowship at time of admit. So far however, we have only heard this happening at Ross and Yale. If you didn't rank the program first, you won't hear until after the draft in March.

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2013, 05:06
DefyingGravity wrote:
If you ranked a school #1, some are going to let you know about the fellowship at time of admit. So far however, we have only heard this happening at Ross and Yale. If you didn't rank the program first, you won't hear until after the draft in March.

Got it. thanks DG!
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2013, 11:05
Just got a call from Georgetown - admitted!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE: Human Resources (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2013, 13:20
Anyone hear from Ross today?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.33

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2013, 16:21
speedyb09 wrote:
Anyone hear from Ross today?

NO! :( I waited all day.

It has been my experience that sometimes Consortium applicants do not receive their decision at the same time as the traditional round 1 applicants.

I am hoping that this is the case for me at Ross.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2013, 19:09
Is there anyone (especially int'l applicants) who didnt interview on campus at Tuck get invited subsequently?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GRE 1: 329 Q V
GPA: 3.51
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 04:54
BigUp wrote:
Is there anyone (especially int'l applicants) who didnt interview on campus at Tuck get invited subsequently?

I'm an international applicant and I haven't heard anything from Tuck yet either accept confirmation about my application.

Also, does anyone have advice for a stupid question? I got denied by my #1 school, do you think it would help my chances of getting into my #2 school if I sent them an e-mail saying, "Hey, you're my new number 1" (of course I would try to say it in a more professional way than that).
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 06:40
I also got the "your app is complete and has been sent to the AdCom for review" email from Tuck back in early november. Haven't heard anything since. I wonder if its a bad sign that we weren't invited to interview via skype?????? Anyone have any ideas on this? :| :|

Regarding your question, I personally would advise against it. Hopefully you conveyed your excitement in potentially attending all the schools you applied to through your essays / app, so I think writing an email to them would be an exercise in futility with little upside (and with unknown risks). Just my two cents though...
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 06:55
BigUp wrote:
I also got the "your app is complete and has been sent to the AdCom for review" email from Tuck back in early november. Haven't heard anything since. I wonder if its a bad sign that we weren't invited to interview via skype?????? Anyone have any ideas on this? :| :|

Regarding your question, I personally would advise against it. Hopefully you conveyed your excitement in potentially attending all the schools you applied to through your essays / app, so I think writing an email to them would be an exercise in futility with little upside (and with unknown risks). Just my two cents though...

Well the notification date for Tuck Consortium applicants is February 7th so there's still a chance...theoretically.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 08:14
What about Haas? Anyone hear from them?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 16:03
BigUp wrote:

No, I applied to them as well and I haven't received word from them yet either but I did just get an e-mail from them basically saying don't lose hope, everyone still has a chance, rainbows and sunshine, etc. So I still have hope because that's all I can afford to have right now. :-D
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 18:19
GREnade wrote:
BigUp wrote:

No, I applied to them as well and I haven't received word from them yet either but I did just get an e-mail from them basically saying don't lose hope, everyone still has a chance, rainbows and sunshine, etc. So I still have hope because that's all I can afford to have right now. :-D

:thumbup:

GREnade, sounds like you and i applied to many of the same schools. Mind sharing your list?
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants   [#permalink] 19 Dec 2013, 18:19