the questions are finally available http://www.cgsm.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... stions.pdfCore Essays
Core Essay 1
: Please describe your short and long term goals post-MBA. How has your professional
experience shaped these goals and influenced your decision to pursue an MBA degree?Core Essay 2
: Is there any other information you would like to share that is not presented elsewhere in
the application? You may also use this essay to provide further explanation of employment gaps, test
scores, etc. (Optional)Core Essay 3
: The mission of The Consortium is to enhance diversity in business education and
leadership by helping the serious underrepresentation of African American, Hispanic Americans and
Native Americans in both our member schools’ enrollments and the ranks of management. What have
you done pre-MBA in your business, academic or personal life to demonstrate commitment to this
mission? What will you do while enrolled in your MBA program to demonstrate your commitment to the
mission? What will you do post-MBA with respect to community service and leadership involvement to
demonstrate your continued commitment to The Consortium’s mission of diversity and inclusion?
Please provide specific examples of your involvement, actions and results. School-Specific EssaysCarnegie Mellon University
1. What transferrable skills have you developed that are related to your professional goals outlined
in your short-term goals above? Identify and explain the skills that you will need to develop or
enhance? Specifically, how will the Tepper MBA help you achieve these goals? (Maximum 500
2. Describe a defining moment in your life and explain how it shaped you as a person. (Maximum
3. How will your presence in the Tepper MBA program benefit your fellow students? How will you
contribute to the School as a student and as an alumnus? (Maximum 300 words). Cornell University
1. You are the author for the book of Your Life Story. Please write the table of contents for the
book. Note: Approach this essay with your unique style. We value creativity and authenticity.
(Maximum 300 words)
2. Park Fellowship Essay OPTIONAL: What is your greatest example of leadership and what
personal qualities helped you succeed in that role? (400 word limit)Dartmouth College
1. Please respond fully but concisely to the following essay question. There are no right or wrong
answers. Why is Tuck the best MBA fit for you and your goals and why are you the best fit for
1. The Business School is named for Roberto C. Goizueta, former Chairman and CEO of The CocaCola Company, who led the organization for 16 years, extending its global reach, quadrupling
consumption, building the brand responsibly, and creating unprecedented shareholder wealth.
It is his leadership, legacy and the strength of his character that gives rise to our vision:
Principled Leaders for Global Enterprise. We encourage you to watch this short video for
inspiration in answering the question. The transcript of the video can be found here.
2. How will you contribute to and make a lasting impact on the Goizueta Business School
community as a student or alumnus? Please limit your response to 300 words.
3. In 25 words or less, please share with the committee and your future classmates an interesting
or fun fact about you.University of Southern California
1. Introduce yourself to your future Marshall classmates in 100 words or less.The University of Texas at Austin
1. Imagine that you are at the Texas MBA Orientation for the Class of 2016. Please introduce
yourself to your new classmates and include any personal and/or professional aspects that you
believe to be significant. Select ONE communication method you would like to use for your
a. Essay (250 words) OR
b. Share a video introduction with us (1 minute). Please provide a link to your video
introduction here: OR
c. Share your About.Me profile with us. Please provide a link to your About.Me profile
2. In the Texas MBA program we value our tight knit and highly collaborative culture
- From :28 to :56). Outside of your
professional goals, please discuss why you are a good fit with the Texas MBA program and how
you intend to impact the Texas MBA community?(250 words)
3. What do you hope to gain from your Texas MBA experience? How do you expect to develop,
both personally and professionally, during the Texas MBA Program? (250 words)
4. Optional Essay: Please provide any additional information to the Admissions Committee that
you believe is important and/or will address any areas of concern that will be beneficial to the
Admissions Committee in considering your application (200 words) (For example, if your
standardized test scores are not exactly what you would like them to be or if you have not had
coursework in core business subjects, i.e. calculus, microeconomics, statistics, financial
accounting or finance, please tell us how you plan to prepare yourself for the quantitative rigor
of the MBA curriculum. Discuss any unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of
recommenders, any academic performance, significant weaknesses in your application or
extenuating personal circumstances that you think may impact your candidacy.)
University of Virginia
1. Share your thought process as you encountered a challenging work situation or complex
problem. What did you learn about yourself? (500 words)University of Wisconsin- Madison
The following questions are specific to your career specialization. Based on the career specialization you
selected, please address the appropriate essay questions below:
Applied Security Analysis
1. Why do you believe a career in the investment industry is a good fit for you? Please describe as
specifically as possible the overlap between your skill set and interests with the traits necessary
to succeed in this industry.
2. Describe a situation where you were part of a team that worked very well together. What
attitudes and behaviors enabled that team to be successful? If you have not been part of a
successful team, please describe a situation where you’ve been part of a team that struggled,
and the attitudes and behaviors that you think led that team to have problems.
1. How will the Wisconsin MBA in Arts Administration advance your career goals in arts and
cultural management? What specific skills or abilities do you hope to gain, and what do you
think you will bring to the program?
2. Identify and describe a key issue facing the marketing, management, development, creation, or
support of arts and culture today. Explain why you think this is a critical issue to arts
administrators, and provide your recommendations as to how this issue might be addressed.
Include specific examples from your own experience if applicable.
Brand and Product Management
1. What personal qualities and past experiences have most directly influenced your decision to
seek a career in brand management? What are your short-term career goals? What are your
long-term career goals? What would you consider one of your “dream” product management
positions to be?
2. Give an example of a product that is marketed particularly well. Why? What is an example of a
product that is not marketed well? Why and what would you do to improve it?
Corporate Finance and Investment Banking
1. Explain why you are interested in pursuing an MBA at this point in your life. Specifically, explain
how this degree will impact your future career and describe your professional short-term career
2. Please describe why you should be admitted to the Corporate Finance and Investment Banking
(CFIB) program, and why you believe CFIB is a good fit for you.
1. Why are you interested in marketing research and the A.C. Nielsen Center? What kind of career
path (industry, positions, etc.) do you envision for yourself? What do you think it takes to be
successful in marketing research?
2. Describe something you have done well and something you wish you could have done better.
How have those situations impacted you personally and professionally?
Operations and Technology Management
1. Briefly describe three critical operations or technology management-related issues facing global
businesses today (you may narrow this down to an industry with which you are familiar). Also,
describe why you think they are critical and what you as a manager could to do address them.
2. Why are you, and what made you, interested in operations and/or technology management?
What kind of career (industry, positions, etc.) do you envision for yourself within the next 5-10
1. Why are you interested in real estate as your area of concentration? What specific aspects of
real estate most interest you and why? What specific qualities and skills do you bring to the
study and practice of real estate?
2. Please share your short- and long-term goals. Given these goals, which personal qualities and
skills do you think you need strengthening? How do you see yourself developing in the next two
years? Please be as specific and concrete as possible.
Risk Management and Insurance
1. Who are the individuals and/or what are the events in your life that have led to your specific
interest in pursuing a degree in risk management and insurance? Please explain.
2. . In what area of risk management and insurance are you most interested? Provide a discussion
of the current key issues associated with this field and the skills you bring to efforts in
addressing those issues. Be as specific as possible.
Strategic Human Resource Management
1. 1. In what way, or in what area of strategic human resource management, do you hope to make
your biggest mark and why? In answering this questions, also elaborate on your short- and longterm career goals. What type of organization would you like to work for after completing your
MBA? Ideally, what roles and responsibilities would you take on? Now, jump ahead 15 to 20
years, and consider the same questions. What would you like to be doing and in what kind of
2. Thinking of the plans you have described, what are your reasons for choosing to earn a
Wisconsin MBA in Strategic Human Resource Management? What is it about our program that
will help you achieve your goals? Given what you would like to do, what are the advantages and
disadvantages of our program relative to other programs?