Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 06:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Sep 2013
Posts: 27
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2014, 19:54
I applied to Consortium school round 1. My #1 school did not award me the fellowship. Do I still have a chance of getting the fellowship Round 2?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 77
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 24

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2014, 20:07
latinomba360 wrote:
I applied to Consortium school round 1. My #1 school did not award me the fellowship. Do I still have a chance of getting the fellowship Round 2?

Hi latinomba360,

As long as you are admitted to your next schools you are still in the running for the fellowship. Your second ranked school has the option to offer you the fellowship next. But you will have to wait until the fellowship draft process later this spring, from what I understand.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2012
Posts: 53
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2014, 20:19
sobe1hopeful wrote:
latinomba360 wrote:
I applied to Consortium school round 1. My #1 school did not award me the fellowship. Do I still have a chance of getting the fellowship Round 2?

Hi latinomba360,

As long as you are admitted to your next schools you are still in the running for the fellowship. Your second ranked school has the option to offer you the fellowship next. But you will have to wait until the fellowship draft process later this spring, from what I understand.


So, the timing of this fellowship draft is not really optimal. I have been fortunate enough to get into a couple of my round 1 schools (non-consortium), but they require that I pay a deposit to hold my spot in the class in late feb/early march. The draft is in mid march. I would definitely attend one of these schools, but I'm hoping for the fellowship from my #1 consortium school...

Anyone else in a similar position? How would you guys approach this?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2013
Posts: 56
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2014, 21:46
BigUp wrote:
sobe1hopeful wrote:
latinomba360 wrote:
I applied to Consortium school round 1. My #1 school did not award me the fellowship. Do I still have a chance of getting the fellowship Round 2?

Hi latinomba360,

As long as you are admitted to your next schools you are still in the running for the fellowship. Your second ranked school has the option to offer you the fellowship next. But you will have to wait until the fellowship draft process later this spring, from what I understand.


So, the timing of this fellowship draft is not really optimal. I have been fortunate enough to get into a couple of my round 1 schools (non-consortium), but they require that I pay a deposit to hold my spot in the class in late feb/early march. The draft is in mid march. I would definitely attend one of these schools, but I'm hoping for the fellowship from my #1 consortium school...

Anyone else in a similar position? How would you guys approach this?


@latinomba360 only some Consortium schools are offering their fellowships with R1 decisions. I think from this thread we only know of 2 (maybe 3) schools that are doing this. I am assuming your #1 was one of these, otherwise you will have to wait until mid-March to hear if 1) you get membership into the Consortium and 2) if any of your schools offer you the fellowship.

@BigUp I am in a similar position. I was also fortunate to get into another R1 school (non-consortium), who offered me a favorable financial package, but I need to let them know my intent by late-February. However, I rather go to one of the Consortium schools I already got into. I'm taking the chance of hopefully getting a fellowship. Crossing my fingers I'm making the right choice. March can't come soon enough.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Sep 2013
Posts: 27
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2014, 08:02
I was admitted to Ross Round 1 but was not offered a fellowship. I don't think that Ross will offer me the fellowship Round 2.

If Ross does not offer me the fellowship (most likely scenario), then I will be attending a non-consortium school. My other consortium schools put me on WL.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2013
Posts: 72
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2014, 12:19
Does anyone know when the Consortium will send the R2 applications to the schools?

Non-Consort Anderson applicants are already getting R2 interview invites.
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2012
Posts: 402
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 159 [0], given: 13

Premium Member
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2014, 12:57
JavertHL wrote:
Does anyone know when the Consortium will send the R2 applications to the schools?

Non-Consort Anderson applicants are already getting R2 interview invites.


It takes a week or two. You'll get an email when the consortium forward your app.

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

Advice, Musings, and Experiences from a member of the HBS Class of 2016
http://DefyingGravityMBA.blogspot.com/

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 May 2013
Posts: 77
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2014, 22:58
latinomba360 wrote:
I applied to Consortium school round 1. My #1 school did not award me the fellowship. Do I still have a chance of getting the fellowship Round 2?



I was admitted to Ross Round 1 but was not offered a fellowship. I don't think that Ross will offer me the fellowship Round 2.

If Ross does not offer me the fellowship (most likely scenario), then I will be attending a non-consortium school. My other consortium schools put me on WL.


I think you might be misunderstanding the process. If Ross was your #1 Consortium choice and they didn't offer you the fellowship along with your admit, they will not have a 2nd opportunity to offer you the same thing. They are passing, and the schools you ranked #2 and lower will have the chance to offer you a fellowship in March. Round 2 is simply another deadline for new applicants, not a 2nd opportunity to receive a fellowship.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2012
Posts: 53
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 04:36
braminc wrote:
latinomba360 wrote:
I applied to Consortium school round 1. My #1 school did not award me the fellowship. Do I still have a chance of getting the fellowship Round 2?



I was admitted to Ross Round 1 but was not offered a fellowship. I don't think that Ross will offer me the fellowship Round 2.

If Ross does not offer me the fellowship (most likely scenario), then I will be attending a non-consortium school. My other consortium schools put me on WL.



I think you might be misunderstanding the process. If Ross was your #1 Consortium choice and they didn't offer you the fellowship along with your admit, they will not have a 2nd opportunity to offer you the same thing. They are passing, and the schools you ranked #2 and lower will have the chance to offer you a fellowship in March. Round 2 is simply another deadline for new applicants, not a 2nd opportunity to receive a fellowship.


I may be misunderstanding the process also, but I thought that the first step is to be admitted to your schools, after which they determine whether they want to offer you the fellowship during the draft (and only then). Or is it that your number one choice has the option to give you the fellowship along with admission(at their deadline and not during the draft)? And if they don't, then you might get an offer from your number two school during the draft, but not your first choice?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2013
Posts: 56
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 06:05
BigUp wrote:
braminc wrote:
latinomba360 wrote:
I applied to Consortium school round 1. My #1 school did not award me the fellowship. Do I still have a chance of getting the fellowship Round 2?



I was admitted to Ross Round 1 but was not offered a fellowship. I don't think that Ross will offer me the fellowship Round 2.

If Ross does not offer me the fellowship (most likely scenario), then I will be attending a non-consortium school. My other consortium schools put me on WL.



I think you might be misunderstanding the process. If Ross was your #1 Consortium choice and they didn't offer you the fellowship along with your admit, they will not have a 2nd opportunity to offer you the same thing. They are passing, and the schools you ranked #2 and lower will have the chance to offer you a fellowship in March. Round 2 is simply another deadline for new applicants, not a 2nd opportunity to receive a fellowship.


I may be misunderstanding the process also, but I thought that the first step is to be admitted to your schools, after which they determine whether they want to offer you the fellowship during the draft (and only then). Or is it that your number one choice has the option to give you the fellowship along with admission(at their deadline and not during the draft)? And if they don't, then you might get an offer from your number two school during the draft, but not your first choice?


An Emory AdCom member explained this, so hopefully I can clarify. You're correct in that the first step is to get admitted. The second step is to gain admission to the Consortium. The third step is to hopefully receive a fellowship from one of the schools you ranked. These second and third steps both happen in mid-March. What's confusing is that this year, the Consortium is doing something new where some schools are offering candidates the fellowship along with their admission decision. However, this will only happen if you ranked the school as your #1. I only know of Ross and Yale that are doing this (there may be others, but I can't remember). Otherwise, we will all have to wait until March to hear about fellowship decisions - all in one "draft". Even though there are two dealines, there is only one "draft". This would lead me to assume that if you placed either of these two schools as your #1, and you didn't get the fellowship offer with your admission, then the fellowship option now passes to your #2 and lower schools in mid-March, similar to how @braminc explained it. Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2013
Posts: 53
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 07:35
hopefulmba23 wrote:

An Emory AdCom member explained this, so hopefully I can clarify. You're correct in that the first step is to get admitted. The second step is to gain admission to the Consortium. The third step is to hopefully receive a fellowship from one of the schools you ranked. These second and third steps both happen in mid-March. What's confusing is that this year, the Consortium is doing something new where some schools are offering candidates the fellowship along with their admission decision. However, this will only happen if you ranked the school as your #1. I only know of Ross and Yale that are doing this (there may be others, but I can't remember). Otherwise, we will all have to wait until March to hear about fellowship decisions - all in one "draft". Even though there are two dealines, there is only one "draft". This would lead me to assume that if you placed either of these two schools as your #1, and you didn't get the fellowship offer with your admission, then the fellowship option now passes to your #2 and lower schools in mid-March, similar to how @braminc explained it. Hope this helps.


This really does seem to be true and it also took me back a little, as in if I didn't rank a school first and got admitted to that school in round 1, is there no way I'd be offered the fellowship in March if my top choice doesn't since they're extending all these offers already?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2013
Posts: 56
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 08:05
ceecee wrote:
hopefulmba23 wrote:

An Emory AdCom member explained this, so hopefully I can clarify. You're correct in that the first step is to get admitted. The second step is to gain admission to the Consortium. The third step is to hopefully receive a fellowship from one of the schools you ranked. These second and third steps both happen in mid-March. What's confusing is that this year, the Consortium is doing something new where some schools are offering candidates the fellowship along with their admission decision. However, this will only happen if you ranked the school as your #1. I only know of Ross and Yale that are doing this (there may be others, but I can't remember). Otherwise, we will all have to wait until March to hear about fellowship decisions - all in one "draft". Even though there are two dealines, there is only one "draft". This would lead me to assume that if you placed either of these two schools as your #1, and you didn't get the fellowship offer with your admission, then the fellowship option now passes to your #2 and lower schools in mid-March, similar to how @braminc explained it. Hope this helps.


This really does seem to be true and it also took me back a little, as in if I didn't rank a school first and got admitted to that school in round 1, is there no way I'd be offered the fellowship in March if my top choice doesn't since they're extending all these offers already?


I'm not sure if I'm fully understanding your question. Not all fellowship decisions are coming out in R1. If your top choice doesn't offer you the fellowship with your R1 admission (again, I only know of two schools doing this - Ross & Yale), then the fellowship decision passes to your next ranked school (even if you got admitted in R1) in mid-March. If your #2 school also passes on you, it goes to your #3, and so on and so forth. So basically, schools you applied to in R1 ranked #2-#6 can still offer you the fellowship in March if your #1 (Ross or Yale) doesn't offer it to you with your admission in R1. If you didn't apply to those schools, like me, then it is just a waiting game until March.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 May 2013
Posts: 77
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 08:06
hopefulmba explained it just as I understand it.

Ceecee - Only the school you ranked #1 has the opportunity to offer you a scholarship at the time of admission. If they elect not to admit you or admit you without the fellowship, then you will still have the opportunity during the March "draft" to get a fellowship from other Consortium schools (assuming you're admitted and they choose to give you the $$).
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2013
Posts: 53
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 08:18
braminc wrote:
hopefulmba explained it just as I understand it.

Ceecee - Only the school you ranked #1 has the opportunity to offer you a scholarship at the time of admission. If they elect not to admit you or admit you without the fellowship, then you will still have the opportunity during the March "draft" to get a fellowship from other Consortium schools (assuming you're admitted and they choose to give you the $$).


I understand the process as much as you all do- I was admitted R1 to say school B which I didn't rank 1st. What I was concerned about was whether there was a decreased likelihood that I'd get a fellowship by school B in March IF school A which I ranked higher fell through. Since school B already handed out some fellowships before March, I'm wondering if there is less wiggle room come the official draft.

Like you all, early in the application season I imagined the draft process happening all at once, with all the Consortium money on the table in March. Now it seems there is less $ on the table for March since some has already been offered. I don't know all the deadlines for enrolling and putting in a deposit so maybe by March, some promised $ might be freed up with some admits declining the offers. Who knows really, was just speculating.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 May 2013
Posts: 77
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 08:24
I see what you're saying. However, in theory those same decisions would have been made early in the draft in March. By the time your application was up for discussion, it is likely that there would be "less $ on the table." I don't think this is really a helpful way to look at it though since we don't really know the intricacies of the process.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2013
Posts: 53
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 08:39
braminc wrote:
I see what you're saying. However, in theory those same decisions would have been made early in the draft in March. By the time your application was up for discussion, it is likely that there would be "less $ on the table." I don't think this is really a helpful way to look at it though since we don't really know the intricacies of the process.


Not necessarily, if everything were done in march and say I was rejected for fellowship/admission by my 1st choice, that would leave me and another candidate who ranked that school first in the same position. The school might then decide that they prefer me over that other applicant and provide me the fellowship.

In any case, there's little use worrying yet when I haven't heard back yet from most of the schools I applied to.

Out of curiosity, any other admits from Consortium schools outside of Yale and Ross?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2013
Posts: 56
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 09:18
ceecee wrote:
braminc wrote:
I see what you're saying. However, in theory those same decisions would have been made early in the draft in March. By the time your application was up for discussion, it is likely that there would be "less $ on the table." I don't think this is really a helpful way to look at it though since we don't really know the intricacies of the process.


Not necessarily, if everything were done in march and say I was rejected for fellowship/admission by my 1st choice, that would leave me and another candidate who ranked that school first in the same position. The school might then decide that they prefer me over that other applicant and provide me the fellowship.

In any case, there's little use worrying yet when I haven't heard back yet from most of the schools I applied to.

Out of curiosity, any other admits from Consortium schools outside of Yale and Ross?


Yeah, I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves as those are some really intricate possibilities that we don't have line of sight to. However, I tend to agree with @braminc. Regardless if they did everything in March or split up like they are doing it this year, by the time you get to your #2 school, there may be "less money on the table" from that #2 school because they'e already offered out their fellowships to those who placed them as #1.

As far as admits from other Consortium schools, I have been admitted to Emory and Georgetown (R1)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2011
Posts: 77
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 24

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 09:23
hopefulmba23 wrote:
ceecee wrote:
braminc wrote:
I see what you're saying. However, in theory those same decisions would have been made early in the draft in March. By the time your application was up for discussion, it is likely that there would be "less $ on the table." I don't think this is really a helpful way to look at it though since we don't really know the intricacies of the process.


Not necessarily, if everything were done in march and say I was rejected for fellowship/admission by my 1st choice, that would leave me and another candidate who ranked that school first in the same position. The school might then decide that they prefer me over that other applicant and provide me the fellowship.

In any case, there's little use worrying yet when I haven't heard back yet from most of the schools I applied to.

Out of curiosity, any other admits from Consortium schools outside of Yale and Ross?


Yeah, I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves as those are some really intricate possibilities that we don't have line of sight to. However, I tend to agree with @braminc. Regardless if they did everything in March or split up like they are doing it this year, by the time you get to your #2 school, there may be "less money on the table" from that #2 school because they'e already offered out their fellowships to those who placed them as #1.

As far as admits from other Consortium schools, I have been admitted to Emory and Georgetown (R1)



@hopefulmba23

Did you get notice from Emory before the official notification deadline?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2013
Posts: 53
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 09:30
hopefulmba23 wrote:

Yeah, I think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves as those are some really intricate possibilities that we don't have line of sight to. However, I tend to agree with @braminc. Regardless if they did everything in March or split up like they are doing it this year, by the time you get to your #2 school, there may be "less money on the table" from that #2 school because they'e already offered out their fellowships to those who placed them as #1.

As far as admits from other Consortium schools, I have been admitted to Emory and Georgetown (R1)


Fab! I would've applied there too but my husband spent a lot of time in the South and wanted to be somewhere else. That's so great !
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2013
Posts: 56
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 09:33
@hopefulmba23

Did you get notice from Emory before the official notification deadline?[/quote]

No, they called me on the official notification deadline
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants   [#permalink] 13 Jan 2014, 09:33
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
283 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants helpmehelpme 1109 26 Oct 2012, 00:06
580 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! TheSenator 2345 27 Jun 2011, 05:55
62 Calling all Fall 2011 Consortium Applicants! shadow 2638 07 Jun 2010, 23:12
47 Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) bigfernhead 898 09 Sep 2009, 06:53
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  28    Next  [ 556 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.