Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 04:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2014, 19:53
tdesena wrote:
ceecee wrote:
PolicyWonk wrote:
I just got my email about the Ross interview. Apparently they have an on-campus CGSM interview day in Feb. Nothing on my end from Haas. I submitted everything on the deadline day.

good luck R2s!

I too received an invite from Ross and plan to attend during CGSM event. Congrats!

Posted from my mobile device Image

I got the cgsm event/interview invite as well! I'm really nervous about the group exercise though....

are you guys planning on attending the event for sure? where are you guys located? I can't decide whether to interview with alumni in town or attend the event....
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 09:19

Last edited by BigUp on 21 Jan 2014, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 08:05
I received an interview invite from Ross, but then I received an email from CGSM that they needed my transcript. I checked the application and my transcript was uploaded successfully. Did anyone else get this?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 08:42
SCBooth wrote:
I received an interview invite from Ross, but then I received an email from CGSM that they needed my transcript. I checked the application and my transcript was uploaded successfully. Did anyone else get this?

I got the email regarding my transcript as well this past Thursday. When I talked to Corey Webb, the director of recruiting, he said that my transcript was unreadable. I guess because when I scanned it to upload it, the word void appears all over the digital copy. I just had to have my school send an official copy to him electronically to rectify this issue.

Just contact him to make sure.

On another note, I still haven't recieved an email stating that my application was sent to the schools I applied to. Getting a little nervous.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 42

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 10:09
This post received
KUDOS
BigUp wrote:

So, the timing of this fellowship draft is not really optimal. I have been fortunate enough to get into a couple of my round 1 schools (non-consortium), but they require that I pay a deposit to hold my spot in the class in late feb/early march. The draft is in mid march. I would definitely attend one of these schools, but I'm hoping for the fellowship from my #1 consortium school...

Anyone else in a similar position? How would you guys approach this?

This is my biggest gripe with the draft system of the Consortium. There is absolutely no benefit to applying round 1 when it comes to fellowships unless you're putting Ross or Yale #1. I was in a similar position as you and just decided to do all my apps round 2. The risk was that my competition would be tougher. But I decided I'd rather see all my financial options in front of me at the same time.

So really you have two choices.
1. Pay the deposit at your round 1 school and wait. If you get a fellowship then you lose a few thousand that you put down for a deposit.
2. Decline admission and gamble on the CGSM fellowship
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 13:27
So, if I received a "consortium scholarship" from my number two ranked school but have yet to receive an admission decision from my number one, what exactly does that mean? I thought that schools not ranked #1 wouldnt be able to offer any consortium related money until the draft...

And is it safe to assume that a "consortium scholarship" is not a "consortium fellowship"?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 13:27
Just got an email from one of the schools I submitted to stating that the Consortium has extended their application deadline to January 31st.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 24

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 13:37
This post received
KUDOS
BigUp wrote:
So, if I received a "consortium scholarship" from my number two ranked school but have yet to receive an admission decision from my number one, what exactly does that mean? I thought that schools not ranked #1 wouldnt be able to offer any consortium related money until the draft...

And is it safe to assume that a "consortium scholarship" is not a "consortium fellowship"?

BigUp,

I would say that you did not get the Consortium named fellowship. More than likely the school found you worthy of a merit based scholarship. Since you applied to them through the Consortium they called it "Consortium Scholarship." An Ad Com member from UNC told me that they review CGSM applicants against all available money, not just CGSM fellowship dollars. Some CGSM admits get other scholarships and fellowships besides the named Consortium Fellowship. It really does not matter if the money is scholarship or fellowship, if you are granted membership into the Consortium you will still go to OP. Congrats on the $ though!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 14:12
Anyone receive an interview invite from Darden yet? I noticed on the school's GC msg board that invitations were sent out today.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 09:58
Round 2:
I've gotten an interview invite from Ross, and a receiving confirmation from Haas. Has anyone gotten anything from Anderson??
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 11:25
I haven't heard anything at all from Haas or Anderson. I received confirmation of application from UT, NYU and UNC.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V39
GPA: 3.57
WE: Psychology and Counseling (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 18

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 11:45
meeeshelleee wrote:

are you guys planning on attending the event for sure? where are you guys located? I can't decide whether to interview with alumni in town or attend the event....

I am planning on attending their Consortium/Conference weekend. I'm from Boston, but as Ross is my first choice I felt like it was too good of an opportunity to pass up going to Ann Arbor!
5 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 21 [5] , given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 18:21
This post received
KUDOS
Just got admitted to Stern this evening!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 20:37
tdesena wrote:
meeeshelleee wrote:

I am planning on attending their Consortium/Conference weekend. I'm from Boston, but as Ross is my first choice I felt like it was too good of an opportunity to pass up going to Ann Arbor!

Tdesena, I'll be there too. I'm driving in from Chicago but will be staying at a Red Roof Inn which I managed to get through Priceline for only $60. Looking forward to seeing you guys.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 159 [0], given: 13

Premium Member
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 07:31
hopefulmba23 wrote:
Just got admitted to Stern this evening!

congrats!

Advice, Musings, and Experiences from a member of the HBS Class of 2016
http://DefyingGravityMBA.blogspot.com/

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 07:33
I still haven't recieved the email stating that my application has been released. Anyone else have the same problem?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 12:58
Congrats hopeful!

Marc, I'd suggest emailing or calling the Consortium to sort out your application status.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 21:02
Marcg153 wrote:
I still haven't recieved the email stating that my application has been released. Anyone else have the same problem?

When (day) did you submit the application (they process by order of receipt)? Are all portions of it complete, including the Consortium mission/recommender portion? I would agree that you should call or email them for a status.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2014, 07:00
JavertHL wrote:
Marcg153 wrote:

When (day) did you submit the application (they process by order of receipt)? Are all portions of it complete, including the Consortium mission/recommender portion? I would agree that you should call or email them for a status.

I just recieved the release email this morning. Such a relief. Now I can worry about getting interviews lol.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 21 [1] , given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2014, 07:03
This post received
KUDOS
You can add NYU alongside Ross and Yale for schools that are offering the Fellowship with your admission - I just got the call that I received it (two days after getting admission letter)!!
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants   [#permalink] 24 Jan 2014, 07:03