Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 06:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 42

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2014, 08:33
Has anyone heard anything from Emory?
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V39
GPA: 3.57
WE: Psychology and Counseling (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 18

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2014, 12:40
ohsballer wrote:
Has anyone heard anything from Emory?

I was just coming onto the board to ask that very same question. I have yet to hear from Yale, Emory, Anderson and Haas. One pattern I have noticed is that I'm getting admission e-mails late Friday afternoon. Perhaps we'll get a notice soon!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2014, 15:29
Heard from Haas a few min ago. Application is now under review.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2014, 19:54
hopefulmba23 wrote:
You can add NYU alongside Ross and Yale for schools that are offering the Fellowship with your admission - I just got the call that I received it (two days after getting admission letter)!!

Congrats!!

Did you rank Stern #1?
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2014, 20:33
BigUp wrote:
hopefulmba23 wrote:
You can add NYU alongside Ross and Yale for schools that are offering the Fellowship with your admission - I just got the call that I received it (two days after getting admission letter)!!

Congrats!!

Did you rank Stern #1?

I did! This came as a great surprise right before the weekend!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2014, 20:51
hopefulmba23 wrote:
BigUp wrote:
hopefulmba23 wrote:

Congrats!!

Did you rank Stern #1?

I did! This came as a great surprise right before the weekend!

That's awesome!! You better pop some bottles this weekend.

Seems like the common thread amongst those who have already received the fellowship is that they ranked the school #1. This leads me to believe that the CGSM has a new policy this year for awarding fellowships. Essentially, if a school admits you and you rank the program #1 they have the option to award you the fellowship right away rather than waiting until March. Has anyone been awarded the fellowship from a school they ranked >1?
Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2014, 18:07
@BigUp That's correct. There's been quite a bit of discussion on here about the new process CGSM is doing this year. If you go back a few pages (maybe 1 or 2), a few folks, including myself, laid out what's new according to a couple of different schools' adcom members. But in a nutshell, this only applies if you applied to the school in R1 and marked them as your #1. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2014, 08:26
Any round 2 applicants receive interview invites from any schools besides Ross and Kelley?
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 24

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 08:38
Marcg153 wrote:
Any round 2 applicants receive interview invites from any schools besides Ross and Kelley?

I do know that McCombs has started sending interview invitations FYI
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 08:41
I got an e-mail from Emory saying that my interview has been "initiated," but I'm not sure what that means. I scheduled my interview and campus visit for UNC. I'm super excited! Haven't heard anything from Georgetown or USC.
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 09:10
Got an email from Jade Kinsman from Cornell, Round 2 Consortium apps are getting processed now and we might not hear anything from them for several days.
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 12:39
I got login info from Goizueta and on my to do list it says Interview: Initiated.

edit: it seems this is just the default status for all their applicants. More info here for anyone interested: http://goizueta.emory.edu/degree/fullti ... s/faq.html
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: 730 Q V
GPA: 3.24

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 18:21
Hey ya'll,

Anyone else heading to Darden through the Consortium? I ranked them second on my Consortium application and found out last week I received a 1/2 Darden School Foundation Consortium Scholarship.

Hope to see you at Darden day on Feb. 14th.
Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 09:28
JPCASANO wrote:
Hey ya'll,

Anyone else heading to Darden through the Consortium? I ranked them second on my Consortium application and found out last week I received a 1/2 Darden School Foundation Consortium Scholarship.

I didn't apply to Darden, but thanks for posting. I think this is the first we have heard of a school ranked #2 offering some sort of Consortium $$ before March. Interesting, and congrats!
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 18:08
Update: RD 2 applicant on Jan 5th. Just received interview invite for UTAustin McCombs this afternoon after work...I almost crashed on the 101 lol. I don't get the short travel/flight window though...Feb 5th I believe is the last on campus interview slot (unless you want to skype) I am not sure if this is because of the delay to enter and send Consortium apps? I just wish I had more time to plan because I have a few product launches next week and I would love to interview on campus...

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 42

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2014, 08:50
braminc wrote:
I got login info from Goizueta and on my to do list it says Interview: Initiated.

edit: it seems this is just the default status for all their applicants. More info here for anyone interested: http://goizueta.emory.edu/degree/fullti ... s/faq.html

Hmm... I was unable to get my login info. I'm going to email the Admissions Office (if they're working today)
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2014, 10:24
hopefulmba23 wrote:
JPCASANO wrote:
Hey ya'll,

I didn't apply to Darden, but thanks for posting. I think this is the first we have heard of a school ranked #2 offering some sort of Consortium $$ before March. Interesting, and congrats!

So I believe what you got was a Consortium Scholarship, which is different from the Fellowship. I think Darden is looking at the rankings and seeing whether the fellowship will be taken from them by higher ranked schools. Also, I believe in your email it says that this scholarship may be replaced by a better Darden offer, so you could still get the fellowship to replace it. I received a similar email and call, and so did another guy I contacted here on GMATclub. I hope it helps.
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 24

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 10:05
Any R2 applicants out there that have not heard from Emory Goizueta or Wash U Olin?
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 10:13
sobe1hopeful wrote:
Any R2 applicants out there that have not heard from Emory Goizueta or Wash U Olin?

So far I haven’t heard anything from Emory, Georgetown, or Yale.
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V39
GPA: 3.57
WE: Psychology and Counseling (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 18

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 10:22
sobe1hopeful wrote:

I've not heard from Emory, Haas, Anderson or Yale. Although I did get something in the mail last night saying that I was in the round 3 applications for Emory. Did anyone else get this e-mail?
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants   [#permalink] 03 Feb 2014, 10:22