Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Oct 2014, 01:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE: Human Resources (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 03:34
For those who have applied R1... have you heard back from the schools? I applied to three, and have heard back from two:
Yale - email saying that the video portion of the application will be sent to me soon...
Ross - interview invitation!
Haas - nothing. Anyone hear anything from Haas?
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 03:55
Of the six schools I have applied to through The Consortium, only Yale has responded back so far.
Current Student
WE: Asset Management (Other)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 04:26
Also received an invitation from Ross. I'm inclined to sign up for an on-campus interview- any thoughts?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 05:04
Ross sent all R1, Consortium or not, interview invites yesterday, hence the quick turnaround. Good luck to those with invites!
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Other
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2013, 21:01
New to the thread. Congrats to those who received invites to interview at Ross! Has anybody already interviewed at Goizueta and what that was like?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 13

Premium Member
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2013, 08:42
Got an email from Cornell to set up my account.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Advice, Musings, and Experiences from a member of the HBS Class of 2016
http://DefyingGravityMBA.blogspot.com/

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q V

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2013, 08:47
ceecee wrote:
HopesDreams88 wrote:
helpmehelpme wrote:
schools DO see your rankings and DO count it in their admissions as some are 'yield sensitive' : Tuck, Yale, Stern being the most sensitive. From what I've heard, Tuck #needs# to be #1 for admissions consideration, stern likes #1 but will begrudgingly take #2, Yale is similar.

HOWEVER -- if Tuck admits you and gives you a scholarship, Stern may accept you and try to give you their own full scholarship to steal you away from Tuck. If Tuck doesnt admit you, Stern can admit you but if they gave out all of their scholarships in the first round of admissions, then they wont give you money.

Certain schools have a limited amount of scholarship $$ they give out and as such it is usually done in the first round or two for the most selective schools, schools which are less selective may be able to hold their money over until other rounds and 'be okay' with you ranking them #3

lower ranked schools are more flexible overall

and yes i know it says 'schools do not weigh this is or use it' but... reality is harsh :P read over all the old threads and pore through them if youd like

This is Flat Out incorrect.

I have talked with people working in the Consortium as well as adcom from Consortium schools. They all say the rankings have NO impact on your acceptance. In fact, schools don't even know what you've ranked them as until AFTER they have sent out their admissions decisions. The scholarship process begins well after the admissions decisions have been sent. It is only at this point that schools can find out what you have ranked them as.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

This may be true "officially" as far as the Consort knows but what's stopping one school from informally reaching out to another about a student?

Hey burgundy- I PM'd you
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 01:27
Did anyone receive confirmation that the application were received? I got an email from Cornell but not from any other schools (Tuck, Darden, Haas, NYU)...
Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 07:43
BigUp wrote:
Did anyone receive confirmation that the application were received? I got an email from Cornell but not from any other schools (Tuck, Darden, Haas, NYU)...

Nope, same here. I applied to Stern, Goizueta, and McDonough but haven't received any confirmations either.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 13:50
I applied to 6, although I'm thinking that was a bad decision based on previous conversation...

Berkeley - nothing yet
Yale - Video information, nothing else
Stern - Confirmation and login information for status site
Tepper - Confirmation
UCLA - nothing
Georgetown - Interview invitation (that was my only communication)
Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 16:25
jas23 wrote:
BigUp wrote:

Nope, same here. I applied to Stern, Goizueta, and McDonough but haven't received any confirmations either.

Spoke too soon, just got confirmation email from Stern
Current Student
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
WE: Consulting (Advertising and PR)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 19:43
Hey guys,

I'm on the same boat too - I haven't heard back from most schools.

Berkeley - nothing
UCLA - nothing
USC - nothing
Indiana - invited to interview

Ironically, Indiana was my #4 choice school, and they're the only ones to respond so far... :|
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 10

Premium Member
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 19:50
I think UCLA and Berk dont send anything unless you get an interview.. theyre pretty radio silent. Or wait, actually I think Berk lets you know that they have your app and are reviewing
Current Student

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2013, 09:46
I also have heard nothing from Haas... radio silence.
With Yale, I got the video interview info (and completely botched the video questions, ugh), but have heard nothing else.

C'mon Haas! Yale!
Current Student

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2013, 12:31
Oddly enough, I just got an email from Ross saying they have received my application... although they invited me for an interview on the 21st. Maybe they invited all Consortium candidates because of the quick turnaround?
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2013, 13:28
no other updates from schools yet?

Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2013, 15:03
For those who applied to Haas, was anyone worried that the Haas-specific application did not contain their Personal Statement essay? Are they relying on the personal statement essay from the Consortium? How did you tailor your essay to Haas? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Good luck everyone!
Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 08:57
Just got invited to interview at McDonough!
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 09:21
congrats, jas

Current Student
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
WE: Consulting (Advertising and PR)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 12:02
JavertHL wrote:
For those who applied to Haas, was anyone worried that the Haas-specific application did not contain their Personal Statement essay? Are they relying on the personal statement essay from the Consortium? How did you tailor your essay to Haas? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Good luck everyone!

I indirectly referenced the "Haas values" - confidence without attitude, question the status quo, think beyond themselves, and students always - in my three essays. Specifically, I talked about questioning the status quo in the "greatest accomplishment" essay; preparation and seeking knowledge in the "greatest failure"; and I used the song essay to talk about being grateful for the opportunities I've been given in life so far, and paying some of those opportunities forward.

I didn't use the phrases outright, but I tried to show those qualities through examples.

Hope that helps!
Re: Calling All 2014 Consortium Applicants   [#permalink] 01 Nov 2013, 12:02