Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 01:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2013, 23:00
greywine wrote:
MBAdream2014 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have got admit into AGSM FT MBA. I have received notification from AGSM two weeks back but yet to receive the official letter from UNSW.

Will be accepting the offer as i am not much interested in US programs (for VISA reasons). Will be applying PR soon 8-)

Will be glad to connect with all who are joining :)

Before I am requested to publish my profile, here i go
Indian
GMAT: 710
Exp: 6+ in IT consulting (3+ international)
Decent extra curr

Thanks

Hey,
Congrats on ur offer. I have also accepted the offer and paid the 4k AUD fees. Got the eCOE from the univ. Now planning to apply for student Visa. Btw how do u plan to apply for PR in such a short span of around 4-5 months ? Or r u in middle of that process? Will like to catch up with people who have received an offer.

Regards,
greywine

Hey Greywine,
I will also apply for student Visa first and later for PR. It will take approx 8 months to get PR.
Would love to connect with those who are definitely joining (PM me details to connect)

I have also paid 4k and got my eCOE today.

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2013, 23:05
candyshalu wrote:
greywine wrote:
MBAdream2014 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have got admit into AGSM FT MBA. I have received notification from AGSM two weeks back but yet to receive the official letter from UNSW.

Will be accepting the offer as i am not much interested in US programs (for VISA reasons). Will be applying PR soon 8-)

Will be glad to connect with all who are joining :)

Before I am requested to publish my profile, here i go
Indian
GMAT: 710
Exp: 6+ in IT consulting (3+ international)
Decent extra curr

Thanks

Hey,
Congrats on ur offer. I have also accepted the offer and paid the 4k AUD fees. Got the eCOE from the univ. Now planning to apply for student Visa. Btw how do u plan to apply for PR in such a short span of around 4-5 months ? Or r u in middle of that process? Will like to catch up with people who have received an offer.

Regards,
greywine

Hey greywine
Please let me know which OSHC insurer did you opt for while accepting the offer. Is it Medibank? AGSM provides a list of other insurers too other than Medibank. I was wondering which would be the best to opt. Kindly let me know soon as I have to accept the offer and before that the page asks to tick off the OSHC Declaration asking whether I have made any arrangements for OSHC or not..!!

Thanks
Shailaja

Hey Shailaja,

Even I have not bought OSHC yet and accepted the offer by just ticking off that declaration. I think it is just a declaration that you will make arrangements for sure.

Now I am planning to purchase OSHC. Share if you have any useful information abt better provider.

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2013, 23:44
Hi All,

I submitted my AGSM R2 application on 7th July. As of now i have n't heard anything from them. Could you pls tell me to whom should i connect to check the status of my application?

Thanks
Yogesh
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2013, 00:13
Yogeshh wrote:
Hi All,

I submitted my AGSM R2 application on 7th July. As of now i have n't heard anything from them. Could you pls tell me to whom should i connect to check the status of my application?

Thanks
Yogesh

Hi Yogesh

I believe you can call up the adcom ppl and ask for where your application status stands off to this date. However I would suggest you to wait for a week as R2 just got over a week ago, and now is the time they might start giving out invitation to interviews if you qualify.

Sit tight!! and All the Best!!

Regards
Shailaja
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2013, 22:51
Hi All,

Has anyone received interview invite for AGSM R2 application process?

Cheers
Yogesh
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.21
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2013, 02:00
This post received
KUDOS
Got the interview invite for 26th August. All the best everyone...
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: AGSM '15
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V37

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2013, 06:44
This post received
KUDOS
svdk wrote:

Hey congrats svdk !! I have also got interview invitation for 4th September !!! Do let me know you experience !!! :-D :-D :-D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Aug 2013, 06:34
skmbaaspirant wrote:
svdk wrote:

Hey congrats svdk !! I have also got interview invitation for 4th September !!! Do let me know you experience !!! :-D :-D :-D

Hi, My interview was good. Operations director - Mr. Jonathan Jones interviewed me, he is very casual and comforting. Overall interview went smooth.

Current Job profile
Why MBA
Why AGSM
What drives you

Hopefully I will get thru. All the best SK...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2013, 20:28
Hi guys,

Congrats for those who got the admit and all the best for those who are waiting for results.
Did any of you took TOEFL/IELTS exam along with GMAT? I am applying in R3.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2013, 23:45
kbhat wrote:
Hi guys,

Congrats for those who got the admit and all the best for those who are waiting for results.

Hey there,
All the best for your app in round 3.
Answer to your query:
Usually, all the international students from non-english speaking countries are required to take TOEFL/IELTS. Ppl looking for applications to Aus mostly prefer to take the IELTS. I guess thats because it is more valued in Aus than TOEFL.
I myself took the IELTS exam.
Hope this answers your query!!!

Cheers
Shailaja.. :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2013, 00:15
candyshalu wrote:
kbhat wrote:
Hi guys,

Hey there,
All the best for your app in round 3.
Answer to your query:
Usually, all the international students from non-english speaking countries are required to take TOEFL/IELTS. Ppl looking for applications to Aus mostly prefer to take the IELTS. I guess thats because it is more valued in Aus than TOEFL.
I myself took the IELTS exam.
Hope this answers your query!!!

Cheers
Shailaja.. :)

Adding to Shailaja's response.
If you want to apply for PR in Aussie, then you need to write IELTS. All the best for your app.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2013, 00:29
This post received
KUDOS
Thank you Shailaja and SVDK. This helps a lot.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2013, 22:12
Hi All R1 applicants !!!

I have a doubt .

The scholarship applications for round 2 are due by 9th September. But on the scholarship website for UNSW , the last date for Dean's scholarship is being shown as 30/11/2013.

Please can you confirm by what date do I need to submit the Dean's scholarship application ?

Thanks
Swati
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2013, 23:39
This post received
KUDOS
Hi All

I applied for the AGSM full-time MBA program in R2 and had my interview today with Jonathan Jones, Operations Director. Firstly, thanks a lot to all of you'll for sharing your profiles and for the questions about the interview. It really helped me prepare.

As expected, I was asked very standard questions about career progression, career goals, how an MBA would help me at this point and why AGSM. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes and it was quite interactive.

Just to share my profile as well.. I work as a Consultant with PricewaterhouseCoopers in their Risk Advisory business in Mumbai. I have been with the firm for a little more than 6 years. Have traveled extensively for client assignments, which was also a small topic of discussion during the interview.. I have had average acad scores all throughout, good extra curricular activities, but very strong recommendations from my Executive Directors. IELTS of 8.5..

Looking to apply for scholarships now - do let me know in case anyone can help me with this..

Congratulations to all who have been offered admission and all the best to the ones who have interviews lined up..

Cheers
Ankit
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2013, 00:26
ankitkothari012 wrote:
Hi All

I applied for the AGSM full-time MBA program in R2 and had my interview today with Jonathan Jones, Operations Director. Firstly, thanks a lot to all of you'll for sharing your profiles and for the questions about the interview. It really helped me prepare.

As expected, I was asked very standard questions about career progression, career goals, how an MBA would help me at this point and why AGSM. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes and it was quite interactive.

Just to share my profile as well.. I work as a Consultant with PricewaterhouseCoopers in their Risk Advisory business in Mumbai. I have been with the firm for a little more than 6 years. Have traveled extensively for client assignments, which was also a small topic of discussion during the interview.. I have had average acad scores all throughout, good extra curricular activities, but very strong recommendations from my Executive Directors. IELTS of 8.5..

Looking to apply for scholarships now - do let me know in case anyone can help me with this..

Congratulations to all who have been offered admission and all the best to the ones who have interviews lined up..

Cheers
Ankit

Great! Congrats
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2013, 10:25
ankitkothari012 wrote:
Hi All

Cheers
Ankit

Congratulations !!!! Whats ur GMAT score?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2013, 22:31
Thanks!! Got a score of 620 in the GMAT..
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2013, 04:56
Hi All !!!

Finally I had my interview with Mark Stewart today !!! He is a very nice guy and makes you very comfortable during the interview.

I was asked the following questions :

1) What is it to work for "Tata" brand ?
2) I am starting my own e-commerce venture, so why I chose this idea for venture and what are the challenges I am facing in starting a company?
3) Why MBA?
4) My short term goal was discussed .
5) Why AGSM?
6) When did I get a PR and was it based on my skills?
7) Have I visited Sydney ?
8) Discussed my hobby "swimming" .

Then Mark discussed my profile and told what he found good about it :) When I told him that I was visiting Sydney this month end he gave his suggestions for places to see :-D

So the questions were all fine and from my side I guess answers were too :) I just hope things turn out well :)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2013, 23:45
MBAdream2014 wrote:
All those who are admitted. Anybody got scholarship?

Posted from my mobile device Image

Any news on scholarship guys?

Shailaja
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2013, 23:47
skmbaaspirant wrote:
Hi All !!!

Finally I had my interview with Mark Stewart today !!! He is a very nice guy and makes you very comfortable during the interview.

I was asked the following questions :

1) What is it to work for "Tata" brand ?
2) I am starting my own e-commerce venture, so why I chose this idea for venture and what are the challenges I am facing in starting a company?
3) Why MBA?
4) My short term goal was discussed .
5) Why AGSM?
6) When did I get a PR and was it based on my skills?
7) Have I visited Sydney ?
8) Discussed my hobby "swimming" .

Then Mark discussed my profile and told what he found good about it :) When I told him that I was visiting Sydney this month end he gave his suggestions for places to see :-D

So the questions were all fine and from my side I guess answers were too :) I just hope things turn out well :)

Congrats Swati. This was a good conversation.
I had my interview with Mark Stewart too. He is a very comfortable person.

All the best mate!!
Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Sep 2013, 23:47