Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2015, 18:54
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2013, 21:58
candyshalu wrote:
chandu86k wrote:
Hi everybody,

I have got an admit into the class of 2014 January at the AGSM MBA program. I received the official offer letter along with scholarship details about a week back. I want to get connected with other students who got their offers and interested to know how many of you are going to accept. I am still undecided, hoping to apply for a couple of US colleges. I am only a bit skeptic about the career services and post job prospects in Australia. Can anyone throw some light on these topics?

Regards,
Chandu

Hi Chandu,
Just wanted to know what all did they mention in your email regarding the scholarship details. In my email they just wrote that they are rolling over my scholarship application to the next round. I wonder why :?

Regards
Shailaja

Hi Shailaja,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have received the acceptance letter and the scholarship details the same day. It just says the amount of scholarship granted to us (25K for me). I have also receive the eCoE letter now and plan to go ahead with the visa process soon.

How many admits/accepts do we have in this forum? I have started looking for details like accommodation and other stuff. Would like to discuss about these with those going ahead with the program.

Regards,
Chandu
Intern
Intern
Schools: AGSM '15
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V37

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2013, 22:43
chandu86k wrote:
candyshalu wrote:
chandu86k wrote:
Hi everybody,

I have got an admit into the class of 2014 January at the AGSM MBA program. I received the official offer letter along with scholarship details about a week back. I want to get connected with other students who got their offers and interested to know how many of you are going to accept. I am still undecided, hoping to apply for a couple of US colleges. I am only a bit skeptic about the career services and post job prospects in Australia. Can anyone throw some light on these topics?

Regards,
Chandu

Hi Chandu,
Just wanted to know what all did they mention in your email regarding the scholarship details. In my email they just wrote that they are rolling over my scholarship application to the next round. I wonder why :?

Regards
Shailaja

Hi Shailaja,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have received the acceptance letter and the scholarship details the same day. It just says the amount of scholarship granted to us (25K for me). I have also receive the eCoE letter now and plan to go ahead with the visa process soon.

How many admits/accepts do we have in this forum? I have started looking for details like accommodation and other stuff. Would like to discuss about these with those going ahead with the program.

Regards,
Chandu

Congratss Chandu !!!!
Which scholarship is it ? Community , excellence or Women ?

Swati
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2013, 23:11
Congratss Chandu !!!!

Swati[/quote]

Excellence.....definitely male :)

Regards,
Chandu
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2013, 23:19
chandu86k wrote:
Congratss Chandu !!!!

Swati

Regards,
Chandu[/quote]

Nice!!! Wats ur profile and GMAT score?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2013, 23:44
skmbaaspirant wrote:
chandu86k wrote:
Congratss Chandu !!!!

Swati

Regards,
Chandu

Nice!!! Wats ur profile and GMAT score?[/quote]

GMAT: 730
Exp: 6+
Domain: Mechanical Design Engineer
International Exp: about an year
nothing stellar in Extra curricular
Decent acads

R-
chandu
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2013, 18:31
Hi There,

Has any one received official/unofficial admission acceptance letter from AGSM post R2?

Thanks
YC
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2013, 18:50
Yogeshh wrote:
Hi There,

Has any one received official/unofficial admission acceptance letter from AGSM post R2?

Thanks
YC

Not yet !!! In my interview on 4th sept , I was told that there are few interviews left worth 4-5 days and after that the feedbacks would start floating. So I think by tomorrow or Friday the results should start coming out...

Even though I have not got any confirmation , I would like to ask everyone here what are the options of student loans from Australian banks ? Do they need co-signer or collateral ?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2013, 19:05
skmbaaspirant wrote:
Yogeshh wrote:
Hi There,

Thanks
YC

Not yet !!! In my interview on 4th sept , I was told that there are few interviews left worth 4-5 days and after that the feedbacks would start floating. So I think by tomorrow or Friday the results should start coming out...

Even though I have not got any confirmation , I would like to ask everyone here what are the options of student loans from Australian banks ? Do they need co-signer or collateral ?

I am just getting the loan sanctioned from an Indian bank.

R-
Chandu
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2013, 19:11
chandu86k wrote:
skmbaaspirant wrote:
Yogeshh wrote:
Hi There,

Thanks
YC

R-
Chandu

But wouldnt it be better to take loan from Australian bank in AUD as it would be free from rupee ups n downs ?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2013, 22:37

Even though I have not got any confirmation , I would like to ask everyone here what are the options of student loans from Australian banks ? Do they need co-signer or collateral ?[/quote]

R-
Chandu[/quote]

But wouldnt it be better to take loan from Australian bank in AUD as it would be free from rupee ups n downs ?[/quote]

If it really makes sense, i will take a loan in some Australian bank too....but i would like to get one sanctioned in India to expedite my Visa process...if the loan rates are lucrative in Aus.....i intend to deal with it later...

R-
Chandu
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2013, 00:05
chandu86k wrote:

If it really makes sense, i will take a loan in some Australian bank too....but i would like to get one sanctioned in India to expedite my Visa process...if the loan rates are lucrative in Aus.....i intend to deal with it later...

R-
Chandu

I am not sure about the interest rates and whether australian loan would be better . I just thought it would save us from rupee fall. I do not need a visa so I was looking for options. If anyone has got information about Australian student loans please enlighten :)
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 0

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2013, 00:34
This post received
KUDOS
Hi All,

I just got an unofficial acceptance letter from AGSM for R2. Thanks to all of you for the information provided through forum.

Waiting for official confirmation from them. Will keep you posted.

Thanks
Yogesh
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2013, 00:39
Yogeshh wrote:
Hi All,

I just got an unofficial acceptance letter from AGSM for R2. Thanks to all of you for the information provided through forum.

Thanks
Yogesh

Congrats Yogesh hurray !!!!! I am in office so cant check my email :(
Please share your profile and GMAT score :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2013, 01:14
Yogeshh wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks
Yogesh

Congrats Yogesh. Welcome to the group. We should start an FB page or something. :P

Cheers
Shailaja
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2013, 01:19
Ok I asked someone at home to check my mail and I have got unofficial acceptance as well :) . But in the end its written that my scholarship application is declined :( . I just submitted my essays for scholarship on 9th and today I got a mail that its declined.

Does scholarship result come so fast ?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2013, 01:32
chandu86k wrote:

R-
Chandu[/quote]

But wouldnt it be better to take loan from Australian bank in AUD as it would be free from rupee ups n downs ?[/quote]

R-
Chandu[/quote]

Hi everyone,
Adding to the discussion.
I have been pondering over the same. Was interested in taking a loan from Aussie bank for pretty much the same reasons. So i went online and browsed through the sites of the Big 4 banks of Aussie namely:
1) ANZ
2) Commonwealth Bank
3) Westpac
4) NAB

Turns out, the rate of interest in all of these banks for Personal Loan ( Education loan comes under the broad category of Personal Loans) is not less than a whopping rate of 13.90%. This was the lowest rate that I saw for FIXED rate loans. In case of VARIABLE rates the figure goes to above 14 % and in some banks Variable rates were even more than 15%.

As far as my knowledge goes, Indian banks rates range from 11-12% maybe.
I think we should really get in touch with Indian students studying there in the current cohort and consult them how did they go about it.

On a totally unrelated topic. What ACCO options are all of you looking at. I am really bummed at what should be done. Shared Acco in nearby vicinity or opting for some on-campus acco??

Let me know, Thanks!!
Shailaja
Consider giving KUDOS if my post helps!!! :)

Last edited by candyshalu on 11 Sep 2013, 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2013, 01:42
skmbaaspirant wrote:
Ok I asked someone at home to check my mail and I have got unofficial acceptance as well :) . But in the end its written that my scholarship application is declined :( . I just submitted my essays for scholarship on 9th and today I got a mail that its declined.

Does scholarship result come so fast ?

Hi Swati,
Congrats.!!
As far as the scholarship application is concerned,
The same happened when I submitted my application in R1 for scholarships. I submitted a week before the last date for scholarship submission and just four days after the last date of schol submission I got a mail saying that they are unable to offer me a schol in Round 1 however they would roll over my application to R2 of scholarship applications i.e. until 9th Sept.

I wonder what is the outcome in R2 for my schol applications. Will wait for tomorrow and contact them day after if i dont get any intimations further.

Shailaja
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2013, 03:09
Hi All,
Today i got unofficial acceptance offer from AGSM, so thought of introducing myself to this group

Profile:
Nationality: Indian
Experience: 6+ years
International exp: 3+ years
Highest qualification: Masters in HR
Profile: Process and domain consultant and sales
CSR: Good
Gmat : not so great

I have a small question for you guys. At the time of submitting my application I asked for ILEST/TOFEL waiver (considering my educational and work experience background) admission committee agreed to that. Now when I am going to apply for student visa, do i need to take any of these test or not?

Looking forward to your valuable inputs.

Cheers
YC
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2013, 07:29
Hii all !!

So the feeling has settled in :) and I will not cry more over the scholarships ( Dad n Mom said they will help me :) )

My profile :

Indian ( With Australian PR ) , Female , IT ( yes again IT )

Exp : 6+years
International exp : 2+ years
GMAT : 650
Acads : Fine
Extra - curricular : Fine

So has anyone started the FB group or can I take the lead ?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2013, 09:14
Hey All

Congrats to all who have got the unofficial confirmation.. Great stuff!! I have also received my unofficial confirmation today :)) The feeling has not really sunk in as yet.. Unfortunately, even I have not got any scholarship sanctions from the school, but I'm sure it'll be worth it..

I researched a bit on Australian loans as well but it seems that the interest rates are higher than Indian rates, so I guess I'm going to go ahead and look for an Indian loan.. Apparently, I hear that the SBI Education loans are supposed to be better than the others in terms of interest rates. - HDFC and other private banks are more expensive..

I also know a few friends who have studied at UNSW and a few people who live in Sydney.. They say that the accommodation on campus (UNSW Village) is beautiful but quite steep compared to living outside, however, the campus has all the possible facilities to use if one lives there..

I could create a group of facebook if required, so why don't all the people who have got admits send in your email addresses and I'll get one up..

Until the next post, Cheers Mates!!

Ankit
Re: Calling All AGSM 2014 Applicants   [#permalink] 11 Sep 2013, 09:14

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 128 posts ]